What is RH main sound?

Yes but they sound nothing like aviccis classic production

So what? He was th first producer brought in wasn't he? Maybe his songs were just a base to work with, apart from rebel heart every song sounds very much in the early stages. I'm glad she's taken more control with the sound this era and not settled for second best

I agree with post-apocalyptical. To me is everything about a futuristic world, depressed and a bit crazy. Like when they go through the desserts in Mad Max but later they get into a bar full of tramps.

I was thinking the same yesterday. Rebel Heart is like the new Erotica, it sounds urban but modern urban not like that dated sound Hard Candy had. It also has a 90's vibe and the production sounds very polished and rich in details.

HC had no dated sound.

and this doesn't sound anything like Erotica either..

HC sounded dated, I'm not saying I don't like the album but it really sounds like other people had already done a few years before, Timbaland, Pharrel and JT had been using the same sounds since 2005 and HC. Actually Pharrel still uses it, Blurred Lines is Give it 2 Me redux.

HC sounded dated, I'm not saying I don't like the album but it really sounds like other people had already done a few years before, Timbaland, Pharrel and JT had been using the same sounds since 2005 and HC. Actually Pharrel still uses it, Blurred Lines is Give it 2 Me redux.

Madonna elevated that sound, though, IMO. Her work with Pharrel was miles above what he did with Gwen Stefani on The Sweet Escape. And Devil Wouldn't is way better than the Justin song it's always compared to.

I agree with the poster who said this will be the Madonna Sound.

TBGO is like one of the greatest M songs E V E R!!!

But really from the 6th songs I cant really say what the sound is. It sounds like we get many styles but somehow they flow together. The most important thing is there is growth and sophistication (minus BIM).

its funk and funk is never dated

actually it was ahead of its time with blurred lines years later copying it

STOP this "HC sounded dated" BULLSHIT already it's been 7 fucking years.

The ONLY generic song on the album was 4 Minutes, and to a certain extent, Dance2Night. The rest of the album is retro funk which sounded like nothing on the radio at the time. I understand when casual listeners/fans had their assumption that the record sounded dated based on the first single, but it makes me angry every time I see M stans bashing HC for no fucking reason. Did these people even listen to the album?

TBGO is like one of the greatest M songs E V E R!!!

But really from the 6th songs I cant really say what the sound is. It sounds like we get many styles but somehow they flow together. The most important thing is there is growth and sophistication (minus BIM).

yea

STOP this "HC sounded dated" BULLSHIT already it's been 7 fucking years.

The ONLY generic song on the album was 4 Minutes, and to a certain extent, Dance2Night. The rest of the album is retro funk which sounded like nothing on the radio at the time. I understand when casual listeners/fans had their assumption that the record sounded dated based on the first single, but it makes me angry every time I see M stans bashing HC for no fucking reason. Did these people even listen to the album?

AMEN!!

On HC, she did what she's doing with RH.......she totally "Madonnaized" it! That album was perfect and different for her at that time. It was time to veer a little from the more electronic sound and do something a little smoother and warmer.

I actually hear quite a few elements of her older work in RH. The more the album comes together, the more it seems to have a very dark urban/house feel similar to that of Erotica. I think there is some complexity sonically that reminds me of the layered, rich sound of ROL. Melodically, some of the tracks give me TB/LAP era Pat Leonard vibes. For me her vocals are Erotica meets BS meets ROL. Throw in a dash of some of the acoustic sound and frankness of lyrics on AL and for me that is RH........so far. :)

AMEN!!

On HC, she did what she's doing with RH.......she totally "Madonnaized" it! That album was perfect and different for her at that time. It was time to veer a little from the more electronic sound and do something a little smoother and warmer.

I actually hear quite a few elements of her older work in RH. The more the album comes together, the more it seems to have a very dark urban/house feel similar to that of Erotica. I think there is some complexity sonically that reminds me of the layered, rich sound of ROL. Melodically, some of the tracks give me TB/LAP era Pat Leonard vibes. For me her vocals are Erotica meets BS meets ROL. Throw in a dash of some of the acoustic sound and frankness of lyrics on AL and for me that is RH........so far. :)

So on point.

Guest eroticerotic

I think rebel heart follows the same vein that true blue and immaculate had, a collection of great pop songs, a mix of nostalgia and current

Guest CzarnaWisnia

I never understood the hate for HC either. It is a good album IMO

I don't think many people actually hate it per se, but many were disenchanted by it. It's never easy to follow up a career high album like Confessions.