REBEL HEART album credits. Madonna produced Hold Tight by herself?

I sorta feel bad for the artists,producers and songwriters who worked on the album.Their contributions aren't even being credited for the world to see.This is ridiculous.

I sorta feel bad for the artists,producers and songwriters who worked on the album.Their contributions aren't even being credited for the world to see.This is ridiculous.

True. Some artists like Mozella I believe had to tag herself on IG and mentions her own credits on the songs.

Totally. I thought once the album came out credits would be available on digital editions, website, etc.

I wonder if there's some major fuck up that they're trying to resolve behind closed doors (like who gets credited for what, given how many iterations each song has), or if the leak also has anything to do with it (not sure how, just thinking out loud)?

My point is –– beyond public recognition –– I hope everyone's getting properly paid for the work they put in. Maybe *that's* what is being solved now.

I'm now supporing the "royalty issues" theory since ASCAP has still not added any of the Avicii-related tracks!

They are listed on the label copy. And any album needs one to be released.

I miss those old days when they included besides lyrics who did backing vocals, who played instruments... So beautiful the booklets of LAP and especially Erotica. ROL was very complete too (great to read about the samples and things like that). I missed that especially in COADF, that was so rich in samples. This time it would have been great too, it's such a rich sound and they could have added loads of titbits of info.

They are listed on the label copy. And any album needs one to be released.

And do we know if they are correct and up to date? ASCAP does not even include Nicki Minaj for Bitch I'm Madonna while obviously she wrote her own part and that's only one example (or MNEK's involvement in LFL) so maybe the label copy had the credits rushed without acknowleding reworks/final versions etc...

On 3/22/2015 at 4:06 PM, SkyHigh76 said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was outraged over this screwup.

Edited by DJMichaelAngelo

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was flabbgergasted & outraged over this ridiculous screwup. I must be the only fan on earth who went out of his way to avoid hearing any of the demos, leaks, early versions, etc....and for what? To be cheerily instructed to visit some bloated website and attempt to read through the music credits on a computer screen? Seriously?

I listen to music on a computer and stare at a screen 8 hours a day for my job. The last thing I feel like doing when sitting back to relax and listen to a new album is to be forced to read the production & songwriting credits on the internet. Whenever I buy a new album by ANY artist, I'll sit in my living room (not at a computer screen) with the CD in my actual home stereo, and page through all the linear notes while listening.

So I guess from now on, when it comes to Madonna, I won't bother to make the effort anymore if all they care to offer is the vague lazy phrase "For credits and other information, go to Madonna.com". I swear, whatever delusional elitist label-rep came up with this brilliant idea oughta be shot. [/rant]

:clap:

Where are the official credits

Nowhere as of yet.

To be cheerily instructed to visit some bloated website and attempt to read through the music credits on a computer screen? Seriously?

And they can't even get that part right!

Can we also find out who mastered the album?? I'd like to have a word about this!

Guest HaveASit

What really doesnt make sense is why there are production credits for the first six released songs and none for the others. I mean, If there is some problem with the producers, why divulge a partial credits list?

It was mastered by David and Mercy.

Haha I wouldn't be surprised if it was a trainee tbh.