REBEL HEART album credits. Madonna produced Hold Tight by herself?

But with Prince you just assume he did most of the writing, production and instrumentation, so it's pretty different. I don't think there's ever been an album with this many collaborators that didn't have credits.

But with Prince you just assume he did most of the writing, production and instrumentation, so it's pretty different. I don't think there's ever been an album with this many collaborators that didn't have credits.

That's correct, it was also an independent release.

I wonder if it's actually the way too many collaborators and post-leak reworks that caused the lack of credits in print. And none of the Avicii tracks appear at ASCAP while the rest has been up for weeks now, what if there are royalties issues?

Is this the first commercial album without full production credits?

Rihanna's Unapologetic didn't either, due to time constraints. You'd think Rebel Heart would at least list her as the executive producer on the back or something but what can we do

Rihanna's Unapologetic didn't either, due to time constraints. You'd think Rebel Heart would at least list her as the executive producer on the back or something but what can we do

Not the same either, digital versions had a booklet and the box set edition as well:

http://www.discogs.com/Rihanna-Unapologetic-Diamonds-Executive-Platinum-Box-Set/release/5750271

http://www.ultimate-rihanna.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=2935

It's very weird to have not include the credits for the writers and producers, I would have thought they would be quite pissed off not having their work credited. I would have also thought it was a legal requirement to include this is. I cannot understand why it's been omitted???

Yeah. I thought it was illegal to not have credits. Imagine if they did that with a movie!

Is this the first commercial album without full production credits?

Never heard of this happen, but it might be the new thing. I don't like it. It seems unfair. What makes it worse is that it isn't on Madonna's site even though it says it is.

It is pretty annoying

I wanted to start a poll about what producer shines the most on the album, but I don't even know who produces what!!! :lol:

Yeah. I thought it was illegal to not have credits. Imagine if they did that with a movie!

Never heard of this happen, but it might be the new thing. I don't like it. It seems unfair. What makes it worse is that it isn't on Madonna's site even though it says it is.

Not only unfair but unethical in my opinion. It's very likely that most of the producers and writers are unhappy about this too & haven't agreed to their names being omitted... Why leave such a foul aftertaste?

It is pretty annoying

I wanted to start a poll about what producer shines the most on the album, but I don't even know who produces what!!! :lol:

it's quite embarassing...the album is out and we know almost anything for sure...it's all "madonna said she wrote that with this guy...i read somewhere that this guy produced this...."

it's quite embarassing...the album is out and we know almost anything for sure...it's all "madonna said she wrote that with this guy...i read somewhere that this guy produced this...."

This whole era has been filled with getting info from 3rd parties, no confirmation on things, etc. It's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things because we still got a great album, but it's very puzzling. Let blame Guy Oseary! ;)

I wonder what the real reason is for no booklet with the credits? Is it a cost-cutting move? It really makes no sense to me.

I also think it's not very nice to the many songwriters and producers who worked on the album.Surely they want their contributions to be clear for all to see.

ooh didn't know that. I know some later pressings came with a poster of the credits, but my standard + deluxe editions were just like RH - booklets full of photos.

A lot of TV shows these days don't show credits - to save time, they just put a message on the screen along the lines of "For full credits, visit www.channelseven.com.au"

A lot of TV shows these days don't show credits - to save time, they just put a message on the screen along the lines of "For full credits, visit www.channelseven.com.au"

But what is the REASON for this? Have people's minds devolved to such an extent and attention spans shrunk to the point where credits are considered too distracting?!

I don't know anything about cost (can it cost much money to run credits on a TV screen or print them on two pages in an album booklet?), but I'm actually hoping it's this and not the fact that people are disinterested or too distracted to read them!

But what is the REASON for this? Have people's minds devolved to such an extent and attention spans shrunk to the point where credits are considered too distracting?!

I don't know anything about cost (can it cost much money to run credits on a TV screen or print them on two pages in an album booklet?), but I'm actually hoping it's this and not the fact that people are disinterested or too distracted to read them!

Think about it this way - that's an extra 30 seconds of advertising revenue that they can earn for every hour/half hour of prime time. It all adds up.

As for the album not having credits, it was almost certainly an artistic decision. Guy commented that they would look at having the lyrics appear in the booklet, but he would have known that they were planning not to include anything at all.

I really struggled to read the credits for MDNA (which was frustrating!) - the font and the colours made it too difficult!

Think about it this way - that's an extra 30 seconds of advertising revenue that they can earn for every hour/half hour of prime time. It all adds up.

As for the album not having credits, it was almost certainly an artistic decision. Guy commented that they would look at having the lyrics appear in the booklet, but he would have known that they were planning not to include anything at all.

I really struggled to read the credits for MDNA (which was frustrating!) - the font and the colours made it too difficult!

I get a headache and hurt my eyes reading the MDNA credits!

I just tweeted @guyoseary regarding this. It is absolutely unbelievable. I suggest you all do the same.

What's your Twitter? I'll retweet it

Still nothing on her site? WTF

As far as I can see, they've also deleted all the lyrics and info about all her previous albums from the site.

During that Twitter Q&A, didn't Guy respond to a tweet requesting lyrics in the album booklet? I think his response was something like "I can definitely look into that". It sounded quite hopeful at the time. Perhaps he decided to punish us for our impertinence asking for printed lyrics by removing the album credits as well lol.