Your Favorite Scandals Madonna Will Never Recover From

Mozo1

As far as I remember, some people on some US shows did call for a refund just because some parts of the show were missing + the late beginning...

For the Olympia show, it was more violent because there were only fans in here, and because of all the anticipation LN had build up around the specific show, especially with Guy Oseary teasing fans all day outside...

They didn't expect M to come back on stage of course, and I agree that the way they did it was WRONG, but in the end they expressed theirselves to say NO. WE'RE NOT HAPPY WITH WHAT YOU DID, WE FEEL DECEIVED... that what mattered. They couldn't just go home saying OK !

And you won't even admit M & LN did fuck up the thing ? you don't care ? That's fine with me, LN can deceive you everytime then.

Really that something I don't want to see repeating, the deception and the response.

Oh dear. People expecting her to do a two hour show in a 3000 seater with the kind of show that MDNA was :blink:

It was a surpise, an EXTRA, outside of her touring schedule "obligations", business wise and towards the fans, she didn't owe anyone anything and nobody forced anyone to buy the expensive tickets. She even gifted us with that wonderful ending. It was proven there were some Le Pen supporters at that show. Madonna works harder than everyone else but some of her "fans" are never pleased enough. SHOCKER. If you think 2012 l'Olympia was a scandal, what was 1989-1994 then? Get real

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oxIYmSE8E8

Oh dear. People expecting her to do a two hour show in a 3000 seater with the kind of show that MDNA was :blink:

Yeah, we all know that, but not to do a 2 hours show is different than doing a 45 minutes show.

Yes, the ending is great, but when you expect something longer, with 5 songs performed for a 50 minutes set (videos included), being 3 hours late etc, leaving without a word... paying a full price ticket, is it enough ? You really think, Ok this is the end of the show and I didn't even know it. It lacked something.I can also say that the long speech she did in the middle totally cut the show. We were just warmed up again when it ended. It was not well-conceived.

Anyway, it really questioned how far a star (even Madonna) can do and believe me it's easier to say that was not a big deal when you were not there that night.

Don't get me wrong, I was happy to be there, I didn't boo her at all, I had a wonderful time at the Olympia during the show althoug I was disappointed by the shortness and the abruptness BUT I can totally understand why a lot of fans (once again, it 's not Le Pen supporters, they were like 10 maximum) were angry at. That's what I'm trying to explain to you.

You only see what your eyes want to see.

She was also mistreated in Chile right after she started singing Express Yourself. That night won't never be forgotten, first time she cut off an entire and important section of her shows.

:angry:

I still love her tho.

Guy Oseary should have let people know, via twitter, that the show was going to be a shorter version of the MDNA tour. I completely understand that the problem during Olympia was miscommunication to the audience attending.

On the other hand, I think this kind of shows might be a good move for her. Maybe do less stadiums and a bit more smaller venues in between the big shows, but this time letting people know that small packages cost more because there´s something special prepared (i.e. Beautiful Killer/DAD, Je t'aime... ).

Also, the whole "starting shows late" thing, it is definitely hurting her reputation IMHO. If she is tired she should just take bigger breaks in between tour legs.

Yeah, we all know that, but not to do a 2 hours show is different than doing a 45 minutes show.

Yes, the ending is great, but when you expect something longer, with 5 songs performed for a 50 minutes set (videos included), being 3 hours late etc, leaving without a word... paying a full price ticket, is it enough ? You really think, Ok this is the end of the show and I didn't even know it. It lacked something.I can also say that the long speech she did in the middle totally cut the show. We were just warmed up again when it ended. It was not well-conceived.

Anyway, it really questioned how far a star (even Madonna) can do and believe me it's easier to say that was not a big deal when you were not there that night.

Don't get me wrong, I was happy to be there, I didn't boo her at all, I had a wonderful time at the Olympia during the show althoug I was disappointed by the shortness and the abruptness BUT I can totally understand why a lot of fans (once again, it 's not Le Pen supporters, they were like 10 maximum) were angry at. That's what I'm trying to explain to you.

You only see what your eyes want to see.

Well, I'm sure Madonna will never do another "surprise" gig again like this in the future. It's a shame the rest of us will have to suffer because of the stupidity and entitlement of some fans but it is what it is. Again, hopefully the "fans" that behaved like children that didn't get their lollipop at that show are no longer fans after that. They clearly weren't that big of fans to begin with, hopefully Madonna "cheating them" (as they saw it) was the final nail for them. Bye bye babies.

Btw......I've never bought a Madonna ticket that specified the length of the show I was attending. Is that where they dropped the ball? They need to start putting the length of the shows on the ticket?? I'm still not understanding how I clearly understood the type of show this was going to be but the people going didn't. I refuse to believe everyone was that damn clueless.

Btw......I've never bought a Madonna ticket that specified the length of the show I was attending. Is that where they dropped the ball? They need to start putting the length of the shows on the ticket?? I'm still not understanding how I clearly understood the type of show this was going to be but the people going didn't. I refuse to believe everyone was that damn clueless.

My god, stop with that... Live Nation publicly said that Madonna was bringing her MDNA Tour at the Olympia for an intimate show, and since it was full price (unlike usual promo gigs that are free), nothing indicated that it would not be a full show. I agree that some people behaved badly by insulting her (I think it was a minority, and some of them had prepared posters with insults before the show which proves that at least a few of them were there to create a scandal - maybe Le Pen supporters as it was said), but don't act as if Live Nation did everything in the best way. They fucked up.

Now, it's the past, let's move on. This scandal is nearly forgotten in France and her amazing Rebel Heart era will erase all bad memories ;)

^ It was not the scandal you and some others are making it out to be. Not in France and not anywhere else. It lasted 5 mins in the press. If anyone wants to make a thread about Madonna's scandals in 32 years time that Olympia 2012 event is the Nickelodeon of M controversies.

^ It was not the scandal you and some others are making it out to be. Not in France and not anywhere else. It lasted 5 mins in the press. If anyone wants to make a thread about Madonna's scandals in 32 years time that Olympia 2012 event is the Nickelodeon of M controversies.

Sorry but it was clearly her biggest scandal in France, it was in all the news and on the national TV (while nearly no channel had talked about the MDNA release) and they showed the video where some people yelled "salope" and threw bottles at the stage.

I'm quite proud of all the controversies Madonna had (because it was always a fight against bigotry, sexism, agism, homophobia...) but in the Olympia scandal there was nothing good, just bad press for her. And it's her image as a touring artist that was hurt, which is the worst for her.

But it happened 3 years ago and it's the past... That's all I'm saying, but don't pretend that it didn't happen or that it wasn't important.

As far as I remember, some people on some US shows did call for a refund just because some parts of the show were missing + the late beginning...

For the Olympia show, it was more violent because there were only fans in here, and because of all the anticipation LN had build up around the specific show, especially with Guy Oseary teasing fans all day outside...

They didn't expect M to come back on stage of course, and I agree that the way they did it was WRONG, but in the end they expressed theirselves to say NO. WE'RE NOT HAPPY WITH WHAT YOU DID, WE FEEL DECEIVED... that what mattered. They couldn't just go home saying OK !

And you won't even admit M & LN did fuck up the thing ? you don't care ? That's fine with me, LN can deceive you everytime then.

Really that something I don't want to see repeating, the deception and the response.

Yeah, so why didn't the Olympia crowd do the same, contact Live Nation after and ask for a refund, instead of acting like a bunch of asses for the whole world to see? Don't they know how to behave decently? Is the only message they've gotten from Madonna to 'express yourself'? What about the message about treating others with kindness and consideration? Why conveniently ignore that message? It's one thing to have a grievance, it's a totally other thing to behave in the manner that these people did. No excuse for it.

Yeah, so why didn't the Olympia crowd do the same, contact Live Nation after and ask for a refund, instead of acting like a bunch of asses for the whole world to see? Don't they know how to behave decently? Is the only message they've gotten from Madonna to 'express yourself'? What about the message about treating others with kindness and consideration? Why conveniently ignore that message? It's one thing to have a grievance, it's a totally other thing to behave in the manner that these people did. No excuse for it.

They did contact Live Nation but the claims were "unfounded" and they never saw their money again.

They did contact Live Nation but the claims were "unfounded" and they never saw their money again.

That still doesn't justify anything. They acted like a bunch of assholes before their claims were deemed "unfounded" by LN.

A lot of trolls have joined the forum lately. Also, people with a dozen posts who write in a way that suggests they know these shores only too well. From systematically resurrecting dead threads from years ago, to constantly writing about HC and MDNA every single time people are discussing the new album and various other things, well, they're as busy es ever. No better time than a new M release to put on sad show. YAY !

The nonsense in this thread alone is mesmerising

My god, stop with that... Live Nation publicly said that Madonna was bringing her MDNA Tour at the Olympia for an intimate show, and since it was full price (unlike usual promo gigs that are free), nothing indicated that it would not be a full show. I agree that some people behaved badly by insulting her (I think it was a minority, and some of them had prepared posters with insults before the show which proves that at least a few of them were there to create a scandal - maybe Le Pen supporters as it was said), but don't act as if Live Nation did everything in the best way. They fucked up.

Now, it's the past, let's move on. This scandal is nearly forgotten in France and her amazing Rebel Heart era will erase all bad memories ;)

It was not the scandal you and some others are making it out to be. Not in France and not anywhere else. It lasted 5 mins in the press. If anyone wants to make a thread about Madonna's scandals in 32 years time that Olympia 2012 event is the Nickelodeon of M controversies.

Sorry but it was clearly her biggest scandal in France, it was in all the news and on the national TV (while nearly no channel had talked about the MDNA release) and they showed the video where some people yelled "salope" and threw bottles at the stage.

I'm quite proud of all the controversies Madonna had (because it was always a fight against bigotry, sexism, agism, homophobia...) but in the Olympia scandal there was nothing good, just bad press for her. And it's her image as a touring artist that was hurt, which is the worst for her.

But it happened 3 years ago and it's the past... That's all I'm saying, but don't pretend that it didn't happen or that it wasn't important.

15Margaret-Thatcher.gif

This came to my mind first. The AL-video (non-edited original) is still fucking awesome! At the time, as a new fan, I was so amazed by her brilliance and huge balls that I didn't even realize how dangerously risky this video was.

tumblr_lcu1nio9de1qa1xnko1_500_zps70t1kp

Edited by Soma

She was also mistreated in Chile right after she started singing Express Yourself. That night won't never be forgotten, first time she cut off an entire and important section of her shows.

Haven't heard about this? Can someone tell me more please?