Madonna "Everybody"Dancin On Air Philadelphia

Larkspur

So I am being all nostalgic tonight and I was looking up clips from the radio station I used to listen to and was gonna make a thread about the sound of radio when I was a teen in the 80's.

I went on to look up a show called Dancin On Air that I would watch and I find out Madonna appeared on the show! I mean I know I must have seen this. The show was taped in West Philly. Why couldn't I have been there??

Not sure if this has been seen before but enjoy.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KJevwwrVYbg

Wow, what a great clip. I have never seen this footage before. Madonna looks so cute and tiny. Love her moves.

Yes, it would have been incredible to be in the audience for this and look back to seeing Madonna before she was a massive superstar.

Wow, what a great clip. I have never seen this footage before. Madonna looks so cute and tiny. Love her moves.

Yes, it would have been incredible to be in the audience for this and look back to seeing Madonna before she was a massive superstar.

Jan I was so surprised when I found this clip. I was like NO WAY! Lol

I think she looks really small too and I love the choreography. I used to watch this show but was too shy to even attempt to go on it.That's what happens when you don't try. You miss out. That show became really big in Philly. Some of the dancers became like local celebrities. I remember being in a walk a thon maybe a couple years after this video was taken and one of the dancers was participating and he got surrounded by all his fans and he kept walking like he was annoyed. Lol

http://madonnascrapbook.blogspot.com/2009/10/dancin-on-air-everybody.html?m=1

So I find out that Is Madonna's first "ever" television appearence!

This makes me so happy cause I watched this everyday and I had to have seen it. I was never sure of the first time I saw Madonna but this has to be it.

That's so cool. I can't even imagine a time before Madonna...

Sure! You know I fell asleep looking up more about the clip and read something and not sure if it's true. I read that the kids in the video didn't want to stay to record the performance because it was the holidays. I also read that the performance almost didn't air because Erika wrote Tinkerbell, I'm guessing several times, on the women's bathroom wall. I'm guessing it had to be more than once cause why would they make a big deal?

They told Madonna, there's the cleaning closet, if you want this show to air you better clean the bathroom. They reminded her how many kids would be watching. So Madonna cleaned the bathroom.

This was kinda funny to me but also a little sad.

Call me crazy, but I still wish she would've hyped up "Everybody" more back in the day. Hardly anyone outside of her fanbase recognizes it. The song was never included in the Madonna Days on Mtv. The Immaculate Collection would've been the perfect time to jazz it up. The You Can Dance version is the best. :)

WOW Thanks ! I have never ever seen this ! She's so stylish it hurts .

Sure!

I love the small theatrics of the dancers using the chairs and her encouraging people to get up and dance. It reminds me of Beat Goes On.

I love the small scale subtle theatrics in Madonna's early performances. The old and the new came together the best in The Girlie Show I think as far as combining theatrics with concert.

What a perfect first single for her. Wanting everyone to get up and dance.