Madonna Instagram thread continued: the queen continues to defy social media rules

Apples388

It has always been a blood sport to hate Madonna. Social media gives people a platform to feel like they are chipping away at her in a more immediate and obvious way, and it gives these hate mongers a buzz. What is stranger is that anyone feels justified in claiming that Madonna is not as influential or as important as the historical figures she is posting about. Why is it that we have to keep the status quo for Jesus worshippers and PC historians? If you don't live in that kind of a world, speak up!

That said, the fact that she can't be bothered to spell check before she posts is an embarrassment. It isn't about judging a person's intelligence, but rather acknowledging a weakness and dealing with it accordingly.

Piers Morgan @piersmorgan · 2h2 hours ago

Let me help @Madonna : It's 'myself', 'their', 'neither'..and 'nor' not 'or' > https://www.facebook.com/madonna/posts/10152996814454402

La5fdLHT_normal.jpegPiers Morgan @piersmorgan · 2h2 hours ago

Just read @Madonna 's latest apology...she's as illiterate as she's cringe-worthy > https://www.facebook.com/madonna/posts/10152996814454402

Oh stfu Piers! You know how many times I have looked back at a paragraph I have typed from my phone and been like wtf? I'm better verbally and with pen and paper and believe me I know how to spell and so does Madonna.

I do wish someone would defend her in print, but we all let ourselves get so would up each time one of these controversies unfolds. We've been seeing them for thirty years! Same old haters, it's just that social media gives every moron a voice. Imagine the meltdowns if we'd had these platforms during JML.

Her album has gone up since yesterday on US iTunes and that to me tells me the general public don't care for Twitter shit!!

Any smart person outside Twitter know she meant well!! Like Chelle said before, this shit storm will be over!!

Guest Peaches

BUT SERIOUSLY. Proofread your posts! The world is watching. It's not that hard. SMH.

This. Why give the haters more ammunition?

Guest Rachelle of London

I have never wanted Madonna to censor herself!!!! I say bring on more insta drama and spelling mistakes.

If I wanted a perfect popstar id be on Taylor Swift Nation.

The only reason everything she says is twisted is because she's RELEVANT. The moment no one cares about what she says (Gaga?) then we'll know she's over. This too shall pass.

It's how people react when someone like the president does or says something out of line, that everyone else does on a daily basis. Held to a different standard. But why do people see Madonna this way?

Because she's AS Famous as the president (if not more since she has been for a longer time than any president in activity).

Why my instagrams don't cause a controversy ? Because i'm unimportant.

I've heard more about this offline, from real people, than anything else Madonna has done since maybe the Grammys last year. Stupidity reigns. But the Queen of White Privilege, will probably lynch her adopted children someday angle hasn't taken off so much - the criticism seems to boil down to "trying to be relevant by associating with important figures because she's so OLD, her moment is over because due to her OLDness, and also on top of that she's OLD. Plus she isn't young anymore."

Madonna messes up like everyone else, she's just human. The thing that bugs me is the fact that she gets so much more shit than anyone else.

Exactly If Taylor or Lardy did the same shit, the media would do Jackshit

Check out this cunt's article:

Madonna's Racist Instagram Posts Prove She's Still 'Hung Up' On Cultural Appropriation
http%3A%2F%2Fs3.amazonaws.com%2Fpmbucket By Elizabeth Plank January 2, 2015

Sorry Madge, no amount of Photoshop will put you on equal footing with Nelson Mandela.

As part of her "Unapologetic Bitch" tour and the launch of her album Rebel Heart, the superstar posted a series of photos in which she manipulated iconic photos of civil rights leaders like Martin Luther King Jr. and Nelson Mandela into the odd, BDSM-inspired chords that bedecked her own visage on the album.

Here's the original:

Here's a manipulated image of King in the Madonna get-up:

They say there's no such thing as bad publicity, and Madonna is no stranger to it. But these pictures are offensive, especially given the national conversations we've been having about the need for racial equality.

As Jezebel's Julianne Escobedo Shepherd wrote, Madonna's track record when it comes to tone-deaf statements on race is horrible, especially from someone with such an impressive platform: "Unfortunately, historically Madonna's non-apologies are complicated by the fact that she is often racially insensitive and a longtime cultural appropriator, and her latest Instagram photos are no exception."

Indeed, the aging "Like a Virgin" diva has been criticized for stealing "voguing" from black drags, appropriating parts of Indian cultures in music videos and her invocation of Arabic while wearing a stylized niqab in several Istagram posts.

To add insult to injury, it's only been a little while since she apologized for using the N-word to describe her son. Has she not learned anything?

If you're a rich white celebrity, comparing yourself to a black icon is never a good idea. Doing it in a transparent attempt to boost record sales is even worse. In an effort to stay relevant, Madonna has just shown how out of touch she really is.

h/t Jezebel

LIKE US ON FACEBOOK:
http%3A%2F%2Fs3.amazonaws.com%2Fpmbucket
Elizabeth Plank
Elizabeth is a Senior Editor at Mic. She has a Masters degree from the London School of Economics and has experience in the field of behavioural science and women's advocacy.

I don't understand this whole cultural appropriation thing. What's wrong with appreciating the culture of another ethnic group or race? How is that racist? It would be more racist if you have no interest in other people's cultures or customs. I happen to love Indian, Vietnamese, Thai and Korean food more than American food. Am I culturally appropriating their food?

What seems to be a really apparent thread running through the members of this so called "I hate Madonna" club is the overwhelming repression and undercurrent of anger, I believe it's actually getting worse as she's getting older.

It's often been said by fans (and correctly so in my personal opinion) that Madonna's fanbase or people in the public eye who are open in their admiration of her generally tend to be more open minded and culturally aware people. They get the sense of irony when, for the rest of the world, it's a joke that goes completely over their heads.

I believe the opposite is true her haters. There is an underlying bitterness in today's social climate towards an ageing diva who is making more money than she ever has done in career. Whatever strands of patriarchy that still rule the upper echelons of what constitutes our entertainment industry don't like it.

Perhaps I'm reading too much into this but it's interesting to me that at age 40 she was the most conventional she's ever been (married, living a low key life and very mellowed) and it's also the closest she's ever gotten to something of a universal respect. There will also be Madonna haters but you get what I mean...however many years on and she's in some ways edgier than she's ever been in terms of provocation and rather than salute the bravery people would prefer to take a sledgehammer to her. Her next decade might be her most interesting. I hope Madonna keeps pushing the buttons that are kept out of sight because who the hell else is going to?

Elizabeth Plank

Elizabeth is a Senior Editor at Mic. She has a Masters degree from the London School of Economics and has experience in the field of behavioural science and women's advocacy.
Says it all really. Someone who has nothing of note to say but has a master's degree so thinks she is more intelligent than others. Elizabeth, try living in the real world and coping with real problems. Then you might have more important things to worry about than the garbage you are so over the top sensitive about. What a waste of space she is.