Madonna will PERFORM at the Grammy Awards!

We'll see. This just feels different.

I like your posts and love your love of Madonna! But does it really feel different to you? I have been a fan since 1985, and to be honest, this feels like nothing to me. Sure I get angry at people's absolute ignorance. But as far as controversy in her career, this doesn't even rate.

I like your posts and love your love of Madonna! But does it really feel different to you? I have been a fan since 1985, and to be honest, this feels like nothing to me. Sure I get angry at people's absolute ignorance. But as far as controversy in her career, this doesn't even rate.

Let's see what comes on Monday when all the news shows return. I've just got a bad feeling where this is going.

Let's see what comes on Monday when all the news shows return. I've just got a bad feeling where this is going.

The Talk, Wendy etc will bash her because they live to and always have. Same old losers. Sarah Gilbert should stick up for her though.

The Talk, Wendy etc will bash her because they live to and always have. Same old losers. Sarah Gilbert should stick up for her though.

No. Not that trash. The cable news shows, blogs, ect. Civil Rights groups. It could just blow over this weekend and that's it. Or it could explode.

No. Not that trash. The cable news shows, blogs, ect. Civil Rights groups. It could just blow over this weekend and that's it. Or it could explode.

It has always been like this with her. Seriously, you don't need to worry. I know it's sad and stupid but that's what happens when the world is filled with idiots.

I agree. It feels like the 'old days' of controversy.

I've read a lot of angry comments, but you know, just because it's on the Internet doesn't make it valid or important. I'm too old to care.

We live in a world where humanitarian work is 'liking' a post or picture on Facebook & sharing it, & people truly think that they have made a difference or contribution to humanity, when they've done buggar-all. Makes them feel high & mighty that they have a right to go off at Madonna. People feel good about themselves for all the wrong reasons...

Madonna is used to being misunderstood, it's ok. Madonna's bad publicity has always been her best publicity :)

Hope my ramble makes sense, lol.

I hope that I'm wrong, but I think we can say goodbye to a Madonna Grammy performance. They could be pressured to drop Madonna from the show using the excuse of her racism/cultural appropriation. That could be the goal here.

Girl, cool off with a refreshing cola beverage. This is not the first storm Madonna has weathered.

I don't know. It feels different to me. Maybe it's because it's for little things she's saying rather than the WORK. I mean, the biggest controversies (PDP, LAP, JML, Sex) were about her music/videos. This is more about things she's said or done.

This "controversy" is just noise. In every "era" M sheds some so-called fans and gains new ones. This is nothing. Ask a coworker or someone on the street and chances are they don't even know her album leaked. Back in 1992 even monks new about Erotica/SEX/Body of Evidence.

Guest HaveASit

No one in real life gives a shit for this "controversy", this is another typical case of a monster of illusion created by the internet. Next week this whole subject will be long gone.

This paranoia is insane :dead:

Seriously.

Is pretty funny though that back with LAP, she was controversial for kissing black jesus. 25 years later, she's big ole racist. :)

I hope that I'm wrong, but I think we can say goodbye to a Madonna Grammy performance. They could be pressured to drop Madonna from the show using the excuse of her racism/cultural appropriation. That could be the goal here.

wtf are u saying my guy. She's madonna she can say whatever she fucking want. She can stay wherever she fucking want and she'll be slaying next month that ceremony.

I don't know. It feels different to me. Maybe it's because it's for little things she's saying rather than the WORK. I mean, the biggest controversies (PDP, LAP, JML, Sex) were about her music/videos. This is more about things she's said or done.

It's not.

This "controversy" cannot even be compared to LAP, Erotica, SEX... It's unbelievable this comes from a fan who's supposed to know a little more about our good old sis Madonna.

This "thing" is only a "thing" because it's a slow news period just after the holidays. Nothing is happening (well we have major bushfires here, but nowhere else in the world cares about that).

Gossip blogs need something to write about, so it's either Madonna posting photos of people she admires and all hell breaking loose because people have no brains or Taylor Swift sending tacky cat pencil cases to her fans and being called a "saint" because of it.

Any fan who thinks this is different must be in their early 20s and missed out on Madonna's iconic controversies.

I've been there through it ALL. I'm concerned about the planned nature of this controversy. They are spouting the same spiel--in unison. Maybe it is just internet hate. We'll see on Monday. Will the NAACP or any civil rights groups get involved?

I've been there through it ALL. I'm concerned about the planned nature of this controversy. They are spouting the same spiel--in unison. Maybe it is just internet hate. We'll see on Monday. Will the NAACP or any civil rights groups get involved?

If the NAACP or any civil rights group even bothered to comment on Madonna paying tribute to Mandela and King, I think it would damage THEIR credibility severely. The internet trolls are one thing, but this isn't anything real. Relax my friend.

Seriously......at what point did people get so stupid and hypersensitive? I don't even understand how this is a controversy.

All of these Instagram controversies are reductive compared to her REAL controversies. By this time next week she will have said two more things to piss people off and this will be forgotten just like all the others.

Guest CzarnaWisnia

You're not wrong, you're having a seizure, please pour yourself some camomille, light a cigarette and get your feet up. Madonna's not getting banned from anything. If Lady Gaga can get vomited on onstage and still go to the Grammys, Madonna can post pictures of international peace icons on her instagram just fine.

Girl, cool off with a refreshing cola beverage. This is not the first storm Madonna has weathered.

I laughed so hard at "refreshing cola beverage," you don't even know. I think I need sleep!