DEMO Discussions (Spoilers Ahead)

No love for 'Tragic Girl'?

I like it. but I feel like some of the other ballads like Messiah, Joan of Arc and Heartbreak City are better. With the concept of the album a mix of Rebel and Heart, she cant have too many ballads and "heart" songs and since she seems to have recorded a lot of slower songs she may have to cut Tragic Girl to achieve the balance between the two sides.

I like it. but I feel like some of the other ballads like Messiah, Joan of Arc and Heartbreak City are better. With the concept of the album a mix of Rebel and Heart, she cant have too many ballads and "heart" songs and since she seems to have recorded a lot of slower songs she may have to cut Tragic Girl to achieve the balance between the two sides.

I was wondering about that too, but I think the other ballad demos were already at a different recording stage, so who knows.

Exactly...there was never a falling out between M and Angela, not that we know of anyway.

M and Guy divorced in the middle of her sticky and sweet tour, it happened not long after headlines of her affair with A-Rod were everywhere, it was pretty messy. But that was 7 years ago so I highly doubt Madonna still thinks about it much, not to mention write songs about Guy's current wife. Two Steps Behind Me doesn't necessarily HAS to be about someone she knows in real life.

Well, she's always said she pulls from painful things in her past, that it can take years before she comes to terms with them, and we know she keeps a journal and uses old stuff sometimes. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if some of these songs (Never Let You Go?) are are even about Sean!

Well, she's always said she pulls from painful things in her past, that it can take years before she comes to terms with them, and we know she keeps a journal and uses old stuff sometimes. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if some of these songs (Never Let You Go?) are are even about Sean!

Hmmm, yeah, that's also possible. Speaking of, I'll just take this opportunity to declare my love for Never Let You Go again :inlove: I absolutely ADORE the lyrics, the melody, everything about it is perfect

Holding you close, because your energy is still a part of me

You know I love you the most :inlove:

I’m not ashamed to say

I’ll never let you go

^ I do too! Graffiti Heart is also growing on me quite a bit. And while I'm not a big fan of VVV, I can see both of those tracks being reworked a la "Illuminati."

Yes, I really want both of those on the album, but with some reworkings. I want Graffiti Heart just for the title. An all time great title. She has posted lots of pictures of Keith Haring's artwork and he was such a big part of her early life that I feel that song needs to be on there in some form.

^ I do too! Graffiti Heart is also growing on me quite a bit. And while I'm not a big fan of VVV, I can see both of those tracks being reworked a la "Illuminati."

I wanted to include GH but there's too much Heart titled songs already

I'm surprised nothing else has leaked since 2 steps behind, maybe they've managed to get it under control?

Angela Becker got together with Stuart Price during the Confession era

Madonna dumped both. At the time it was reported by "insiders" that Madonna was fuming at the idea of the two of them doing taht at her back

She wrote She's Not Me about it

If this is true or not I dont know, but I doubt she would write any more music about those two anyway

Wow, where have I been during all these incidents? What a flop fan! Oh well, let's enjoy the demos.

I'm still trying to get into VVV. The music arrangement sounds like LS. It sounds like different songs they put them together.

I need these on the album:

Graffiti Heart

Inside Out

Never Let You Go

Beautiful Scars

S.E.X.

Is Iconic still in?

Angela Becker got together with Stuart Price during the Confession era

Madonna dumped both. At the time it was reported by "insiders" that Madonna was fuming at the idea of the two of them doing taht at her back

She wrote She's Not Me about it

If this is true or not I dont know, but I doubt she would write any more music about those two anyway

HELLO. Let's salute this new urban legend

tumblr_inline_nf7bqsO8mD1qbhmtm.gif

Wow, where have I been during all these incidents? What a flop fan! Oh well, let's enjoy the demos.

I'm still trying to get into VVV. The music arrangement sounds like LS. It sounds like different songs they put them together.

I need these on the album:

Graffiti Heart

Inside Out

Never Let You Go

Beautiful Scars

S.E.X.

Is Iconic still in?

I like all of those except for S.E.X. That one does nothing for me. I think Iconic will probably be in since she keeps mentioning it but the demo did impress me too much. But maybe it will be reworked.

She just tagged Revolution on instagram! Please, Madonna put Revolution on the album. I know a lot of people don't like it but that is one of my favorite demos! I was afraid it would be left out but now maybe not. I haven't been studying the demos as closely as some people. I only listened to most of them once or twice because I don't want the album to be spoiled, but Revolution really stood out for me.

I think after hearing all the demos I could say I would include:

The ones we already have:

Living For Love

Devil Pray

Ghosttown

Unapologetic Bitch

Illuminati

Bitch, I'm Madonna

And in no particular order:

Never Let You Go

Joan Of Arc

Inside Out

Rebel Heart

Wash All Over Me

Beautiful Scars

Body Shop

Messiah

Veni Vidi Vici

Nothing Lasts Forever

Heartbreak City

Best Night

Revolution

But there're so many left :ohmy: It's hard with all these amazing demos :electropop:

Maybe a deluxe version with a CD that has:

Addicted (The One That Got Away)

Borrowed Time

Tragic Girl

Hold Tight

Graffiti Heart

Tragic Girl

Borrowed Time

The One That Got Away

Heartbreak City

S.E.X.

Inside Out

Rebel Heart

Wash All Over Me

Veni Vidi Vici

Nothing Lasts Forever

Best Night

Hold Tight

Joan Of Arc

THIS IS WHAT I HOPE FOR!!!!!!!

She just tagged Revolution on instagram! Please, Madonna put Revolution on the album. I know a lot of people don't like it but that is one of my favorite demos! I was afraid it would be left out but now maybe not. I haven't been studying the demos as closely as some people. I only listened to most of them once or twice because I don't want the album to be spoiled, but Revolution really stood out for me.

Yes! I also love Revolution! I love the energy of it. It's like the official theme song for Art For Freedom.

Ok I didn't mean Angela (I know nothing about that?).

I really think I've "cracked the code" so to speak, but I don't want to spoil things for M by actually mentioning names.

It's not just TSBM and HC, also others UB (you gotta tell it how it really is), BIM (who do you think you are? You can't mess with this lucky star), WAOM (if this is the end then let it come).

Behind the scenes "someone" is in trouble and M is going to throw shade on them with this new album.

She hints at it in the recent "Interview" magazine where she talks about getting a no or a knock back from someone and finding a way to use it or turn it into something.

Watch this space...

I agree, I was doubtful about the song being included (although I really liked it), but now it seems like it might not be that unlikely anymore. A cute, simple acoustic song like Revolution would fit perfectly into the flow of the album.

I think after hearing all the demos I could say I would include:

The ones we already have:

Living For Love

Devil Pray

Ghosttown

Unapologetic Bitch

Illuminati

Bitch, I'm Madonna

And in no particular order:

Never Let You Go

Joan Of Arc

Inside Out

Rebel Heart

Wash All Over Me

Beautiful Scars

Body Shop

Messiah

Veni Vidi Vici

Nothing Lasts Forever

Heartbreak City

Best Night

Revolution

But there're so many left :ohmy: It's hard with all these amazing demos :electropop:

Maybe a deluxe version with a CD that has:

Addicted (The One That Got Away)

Borrowed Time

Tragic Girl

Hold Tight

Graffiti Heart

marked songs that won't make it

I've never heard this before tbh. Why would Madonna be mad at them for hooking up? It makes it sound like she liked Stuart more than just a friend and musician.

Yeah, that doesn't make sense at all.