Double Album Nixed Because of Leaks?

mnino

Madonna said to Rolling Stone:

Originally I wanted to put everything out together. I have an overabundance of songs, and actually, the reason I wanted to call the record Rebel Heart was because I felt like it explored two very distinct sides of my personality. The rebellious, renegade side of me, and the romantic side of me. In my mind, it was almost like I wanted to do a two-record set. So you get this chunk of songs, and that chunk of songs. That was my original goal. But then all the demos leaked and I can't really go down that road anymore, so I put out (the six songs) first and then, I think a few more songs are going to come out during the time of the Grammys. Then the rest of the album will just come out together (in March), and they'll just get my rebellious and romantic side all mixed in together.

Is this confirmation, or what??

What she meant is that the leaked demos included tracks covering both the rebel and romantic side. The plan was always to release 19 tracks. The leak didn't affect the number of planned tracks for release.

What she meant is that the leaked demos included tracks covering both the rebel and romantic side. The plan was always to release 19 tracks. The leak didn't affect the number of planned tracks for release.

I know. But she was going to have a chunk of the Rebel songs and chunk of the Heart songs. My guess is that the Heart songs were going to come out on February 9 after her performance of LFL at the Grammy's and UB would come out with the album on March 10. Now, they're all mixed together like she said and we won't know how she wanted them to flow in their respective "chuncks."

When she said everything is gonna be mixed together, does it mean that the final track list is gonna have rebellious and heartfelt songs ordered in a random way? I really hope she can separate the two (first 9 tracks for rebel, the remains for heart) so that we can get two cohesive records instead.

I think the whole thing is going to be cohesive. She's free to change the tracklist on the physical album.

My guess is that UB and BIM were part of the Rebel "chunk" and would be released with the second half of the album since LFL is clearly a Heart "chunk" song along with Ghosttown and Devil Prays. We'll never know now, will we?

I don't think she knows s final tracklist yet, and releasing these 6 songs have disrupted whatever idea she had going on. Maybe she's not allowed to alter a tracklist once songs are a availsble to purchase? We know the MDNA tracklist was altered during preorder, but only 1 song was available at that time and it's positioned never changed

I think that after the SUCCESS of this release, she can do whatever she pleases. She can even release 20 songs in 2 albums and skip the ones already released. She can release 6 songs more in February and then in March release a brand new album with another 10 songs...

If things go on like this, in 2015 she will be untouchable and will do no wrong. All is pointing to a honeymoon between Madonna, main public and critics.

I don't think she knows s final tracklist yet, and releasing these 6 songs have disrupted whatever idea she had going on. Maybe she's not allowed to alter a tracklist once songs are a islands to purchase? We know the MDNA tracklist was altered during preorder, but only 1 song was available at that time and it's positioned never changed

Now it makes sense. Very good points

It's a shame that she needed to rushed and drop 6-songs of the new album (probably unfinished-unmixed) due to the stupidity of some people who continue leaking some demos. I mean, I'm glad to have these songs in the official way (what a gift!)!but it wasn't planned this way and kills the experience of enjoying (part of the album this time) the album in full IMO.

On the other hand, I'm glad these songs are out there and it's such a joy seeing good praise about them. She deserves it! :thumbsup:

I don't think she knows s final tracklist yet, and releasing these 6 songs have disrupted whatever idea she had going on. Maybe she's not allowed to alter a tracklist once songs are a availsble to purchase? We know the MDNA tracklist was altered during preorder, but only 1 song was available at that time and it's positioned never changed

Good point, but then again, she could have just put the supposed "Rebel" tracks (BIM and UB) towards the end of the tracklist, e.g. give the songs the track number 10-something on iTunes. In this way, she has enough "Heart" songs to fill in the gap and then can put the other "Rebel" tracks after BIM and UB.

Like this:

1. Living For Love

2. Devil Pray

3. Ghost Town

4. Heart song

5. Heart song

11. Unapologetic Bitch

12. Bitch I'm Madonna

13. Rebel song

14. Rebel song

(continue till track 19)

Ok maybe I've been overthinking this too much :lol: But I still don't really see how she couldn't have fixed whatever problem she had with the tracklist due to the leaks.

Exactly. What are people not getting? She put out a mixture of the two to try and counteract the leaks.

This is what I was asking for in another thread! So indeed, MDNA's digital tracklist was altered after the pre-order started...

So anything can happen.

And no, it's not that important that it be an official double album or just one long album. But from Madonna's point of view, I imagine that if she has an artistic vision she would prefer to see it through. And I'd love to see it realized.

Time will tell.

Artistically I just love the idea of the double album. I think she has a great concept and it could go down in history as Madonna's Magnus opus like The Beatles White Album or Elton John's Goodbye Yellow Brick Road.

I get that she probably just meant that she's releasing them in a jumbled order, but she implied that the album itself will be "all mixed in together." so the only explanation that makes sense is what you're suggesting, but I can't see why she wouldn't be able to alter the order of the tracks if the pre-order songs themselves don't change.

Also, the presence of JOA at #8 is odd. Why include that one and no others unless that's the only other leaked demo that will be on the final album... which I find hard to believe since I can't imagine RH and "Messiah" won't be on it. Maybe it means nothing. So mysterious! I guess we'll find out in a few weeks.

It's a shame that she needed to rushed and drop 6-songs of the new album (probably unfinished-unmixed) due to the stupidity of some people who continue leaking some demos. I mean, I'm glad to have these songs in the official way (what a gift!)!but it wasn't planned this way and kills the experience of enjoying (part of the album this time) the album in full IMO.

On the other hand, I'm glad these songs are out there and it's such a joy seeing good praise about them. She deserves it! :thumbsup:

True. A part of me feels guilty having the 14 demos. I bought the iTunes tracks and will buy the physical CD in March, so my hip pocket is still feeding her coffers, in that respect. I love hearing the evolution of the RH tracks, and whilst nobody truly loves a hacker, Madonna's sleight of hand has been forced in a direction that even she and Team Madonna never expected. It breaks up her own rigid promotional ideas and may even present a more open and giving Madonna. The social media presence of the last 12 months on Instagram has been refreshing, though I am sure she won't be posting any pictures of Rocco popping champagne bottles this Christmas!

I highly doubt the songs that were released weren't mixed and finished. She chose those six for a specific reason. I'm sure whatever tweaking still needs to be done is on other tracks.

I agree, obviously she wouldn't have put out these 6 songs if they hadn't been finally mixed.