Request Living For Love on the radio! UPDATE: time to focus on the next single

Both YouTube and Spotify trend younger. Just like others have said Madonna may not get 100m views on her videos on YouTube but she can make three times as much as that on tour, whereas someone like Nicki (who does get 100m views) would kill to be able to produce those kinds of numbers.

For fans expecting Madonna to keep up with Swift and Rihanna in that sense is unreasonable.

Also, In terms of Spotify, you have to be able to discern the silver lining as well and that's the fact that none of the MDNA tracks ever made an impact on her Spotify.

Until LFL and BIM the most recent track that had plays in her top 10 was 4 Minutes.

So the fact that any songs from Rebel Heart are reveleant to her Spotify makes me happy. At least it's no longer a Greatest Hits page anymore

It's not the general public, it's your radio programmers. Once she announces(let's hope) GP are gonna buy those tickets in a flash. The entity is there, it's just we have idiot fools who dictate what we should hear.

I'm sure Caca was played but yet her tour was a flop! So chin up!

I only meant in terms of radio and singles.

I have no doubt she would sell stadiums out here! And her albums always go number.

Just so over radio being so fucking shit here. Everyone I've played Living For Love to has loved it- young and old. I heard it a bit on Nova in December which was awesome. I thought it would continue from there but no. Praying for a US situation 😂😂😂

Both YouTube and Spotify trend younger. Just like others have said Madonna may not get 100m views on her videos on YouTube but she can make three times as much as that on tour, whereas someone like Nicki (who does get 100m views) would kill to be able to produce those kinds of numbers.

For fans expecting Madonna to keep up with Swift and Rihanna in that sense is unreasonable.

Also, In terms of Spotify, you have to be able to discern the silver lining as well and that's the fact that none of the MDNA tracks ever made an impact on her Spotify.

Until LFL and BIM the most recent track that had plays in her top 10 was 4 Minutes.

So the fact that any songs from Rebel Heart are reveleant to her Spotify makes me happy. At least it's no longer a Greatest Hits page anymore

Very cool to see the new songs on her Top 10 list. It really hadn't changed much since Spotify began.

Very cool to see the new songs on her Top 10 list. It really hadn't changed much since Spotify began.

Yes! It's nice to see LFL and BIM do pretty well there.

Although, I have to give to credit where credit is do, Revolver was a Spotify smash! It did better than Celebration or any of the MDNA singles and was in her top 10 until recently.

The reason that YouTube views and Spotify streams are low is because people legitimately have not heard the song. At this stage in M's career, it is going to consistently be an uphill battle with getting her music to succeed w/the generation who listens most to Top 40.

But, by seeing the fact that Top 40 radio has organically been playing L4L an increasing amount during the last week, I am very encouraged. Once it's consistently on the radio the YouTube views and Spotify numbers will catch up...which is all the more reason to KEEP REQUESTING!

Treat the song like its an "unknown song" to the general public.

Thank you and so true. Also, radio today is not like radio of yore when actual human DJs were actual fans of music and would give good songs a spin. It's just a business today. B96, Chicago and maybe the Midwest's biggest pop station, played Taylor Swift 15 times between midnight and 8am today. That's not organic programming. It's basically a laptop with a playlist left running overnight.

Stations like these will only play L4L when they can't ignore it any longer.

I can't understand how this shit that is Four Five Seconds is being played so much in contrast with Living For Love. I like some of Rihanna's dance songs even though she's a mediocre singer but her new single is AWFUL. :hornybig:

We have to admit that views on YouTube are embarrasing even if we take Snapchat premiere into account. She is nowhere on Spotify charts as well. It seems that mainstream public has really disconnected from her in last couple of years and Living For Love failed to spark any interest. But we are lucky that she is still producing good quality materials and she still has enough fans to keep it going. Hopefully more people will appreciate following singles.

I agree also, and I think several things contribute.

For the younger (potential) fans it's due to the fact that M is not just one, but two, generations removed from when she first started out. She is almost like a new act to the current pop audience, of which many, though have heard of M, may not be familiar with M's work. On the other end of the spectrum, the older casual fans tuned in out of curiosity during the MDNA era due to the huge exposure of the Super Bowl, but I think they are still tuned out this time around. For both groups, it will take time for the song LFL and the maybe even the RH album to gain traction but will do well once it does. The song needs to keep getting requested and played in order to get that exposure and traction going. Younger audiences need to be introduced to, and older casual audiences need to be reminded of the fact that M is not only about controversy, which may be the main thing they know her for right now, but also about great music.

As for M herself, the fight against ageism is an important battle in her career-long revolution for freedom. I think she needs to rebuild some political capital though to wage the battle successfully, and the best way to do that would be to do a few things that would surprise and win over the general public. I hope she does a few performances that focus on music rather than theatricality, or at least emphasize the music more. Many people expect her to do something theatrical (or controversial) at this point and though they will watch the performance I don't think it will translate as well to sales or spins/streams from the general public. But I think they would be favorably surprised if she did, for example, a down to basics performance of purely live vocals and instruments (sort of like her SNL performance of Bad Girl), which I think would do a better job of translating into tangible benefits for the songs and album. And in turn, I think she would then also be better positioned to advance her ideas if the general public is engaged in her music and therefore willing to listen.

Hello everybody. I need your help. We want to make Madonna be nr 1 in Lithuania, now she's #5. Can you please vote for her here. --> http://www.m-1.fm/top40/

You just only need write your name and telephone number. You can write your name and fake phone number.

for example

image.jpg

phone number must start 86 ******* Total 9 digits.
Please take a moment
THANK YOU :blush:

Sorry, nothing happens when I click 'Balsuoti'

For the younger (potential) fans it's due to the fact that M is not just one, but two, generations removed from when she first started out. She is almost like a new act to the current pop audience, of which many, though have heard of M, may not be familiar with M's work.

I saw Katy Perry live this Monday. when we were waiting on the line Living for Love was played and I was surprised at how most teens were actually singing along.

However, when Katy...

...included Vogue during one of her performances while strutting on the catwalk, you could see how many had no idea of what that song was! I'd bet on Girl Gone Wild getting a better reaction on that crowd.

The thing with Madonna is that, since she's been around and making music successfully for so many years, each generation has their own "Madonna hits" and earlier hits probably don't mean as much to them.

I saw Katy Perry live this Monday. when we were waiting on the line Living for Love was played and I was surprised at how most teens were actually singing along.

However, when Katy...

...included Vogue during one of her performances while strutting on the catwalk, you could see how many had no idea of what that song was! I'd bet on Girl Gone Wild getting a better reaction on that crowd.

The thing with Madonna is that, since she's been around and making music successfully for so many years, each generation has their own "Madonna hits" and earlier hits probably don't mean as much to them.

Also, depends on where you live. Believe it or not her 80s hits are not that big in Europe compared to the US. In the US a regular person pretty much listens to a Madonna classic from the 80s on a daily basis. If you go to your dentist, local grocery store, local diner etc. you always hear Madonna because they have their local AC or classic hits stations on which play the hell out of her. Also, all the big malls have playlists full of 80s Madonna. In Europe I never experience that to such an extent. People don't even know what Dress You Up is whereas in the US even the most random persons know the song. Heck, even people at her own shows do not know the songs. Several fiascos during Sticky and Sweet in Europe. Remember when she sang Dress You Up in Austria and got pissed off because even the front rows did not know the lyrics? :lmao:

Sorry, nothing happens when I click 'Balsuoti'

you need to give 5 thumbs up for LFL and others 1,2,3,4 for other songs. and then write name and pnone number and then clink "balsuoti" :)

Anyway thanks ;)

Some encouraging news! We need to keep requesting and streaming!!

http://www.inquisitr.com/1857865/madonna-makes-music-chart-history-as-new-song-explodes-at-pop-radio/

Madonna Makes Music Chart History As New Song Explodes At Pop Radio

Even at 56, Madonna is still breaking records. Her latest single “Living for Love” has topped Billboard‘s Dance Club Songs chart, making it her 44th No. 1 song on the Dance charts. Billboard describes the Queen of Pop‘s latest achievement.

“The Queen of Pop reigns again with ‘Living for Love,’ tying with George Strait, the King of Country, for the most leaders on a single Billboard chart. Madonna makes Billboard chart history, as she earns her 44th No. 1 on Dance Club Songs, where ‘Living for Love’ lifts 2-1.”

There is more good news for the former material girl. Her single “Living for Love” is finally exploding at pop radio. It is currently No. 37 and is gaining more than a million listener impressions a day. Many thought that Madonna’s new single was gaining airplay because of a radio pay deal, but it has been confirmed that radio stations are playing it out of their own will — that means Ms. Ciccone is getting a lot of requests and great call-out research.

Madonna has yet to debut on the Billboard Hot 100, but that should change now that “Living for Love” is getting a lot of exposure. The success of “Living for Love” will help Madonna’s next single “Ghosttown,” which probably won’t have to be released for a long time now that “Living for Love” is here for the long term. The folks at American radio obviously still care about the Queen of Pop. However, there have been rumors that the BBC’s Radio 1 has banned Madonna from their playlist because she is “too old.” The Inquisitr spoke to Radio 1, who denied the claims.

“First of all, there is no ban on Madonna. Her single ‘Living for Love’ might have been available since December, but the record company didn’t start pushing it until recently. We have played the song — I think more than once. It may not be played a lot on Radio 1 right now and may not be played at all in the future. But to say the song was ‘banned’ is an incredible lie and one that some are pushing to promote an obvious agenda against Madonna.”

Perhaps Radio 1 will see how successful Madonna has been in the United States with her new single and add it to their playlist. Madonna is scheduled to perform at the Brit Awards next week. Madonna will release Rebel Heart on March 10. Around that time, dates for her upcoming tour should be announced as well. The year 2015 is going to be a great year for Madonna fans.

ok so i just got home from work. I am streaming on spottily...i got 3 tabs playing this nonstop playlist on repeat

and I just tweeted and web requested the top cities on that truth fly list.

one thing I did differently was change my name on the web form

also for twitter, i mentioned things like,

"heard someone playing this song in a car and asked what it was! didn't know Madonna had a new song! it's amazing! play it so i can blast on my ride home!"

"my mom just finalized her divorce and she loves this song! play it for her! she listens to you all the time!"

"my sis broke up with her bf and loves Madonna. she listens to you guys! play living for love" etc...

anyway...15 minutes and I did the major cities. I'm holding back on text request until tonight when I get to the Madonna party and get everyone to request!

The success of “Living for Love” will help Madonna’s next single “Ghosttown,” which probably won’t have to be released for a long time now that “Living for Love” is here for the long term.

Has Ghosttown been confirmed or this just an assumption?

But I agree that a 2nd single shouldn't be released for a while. LFL is slowing growing. It will be climbing for a while.

Has Ghosttown been confirmed or this just an assumption?

But I agree that a 2nd single shouldn't be released for a while. LFL is slowing growing. It will be climbing for a while.

I was surprised to see that in the article also. I don't know if they have inside info or just assuming / speculating.