GHOSTTOWN appreciation!

This feels a bit like reversing Frozen and ROL as lead singles. Like Frozen, Ghosttown has a wintery ballad vibe, the uptempo would be better for spring/summer, though in that case I personally would've prefered ROL first.

None of the other 5 released tracks or the initial 2 leaks I did give in to (thinking they would be first single contenders) screamed single, this is the only one that really does.

yeah i keep picturing a very cinematic video or movie for it.

I think the song is big enough on it's own, I see something much more low key.

Just M, and a man, around her age, doing that sort of amazing ballet meets ballroom meets disco dancing she does so well.

The way she sings in some parts reminds me of Devil Wouldn't Recognize You.

OMG. I laughed when I read this just now. DWRY is one of my favorites and I was obsessed with it when HC came out. HOWEVER, just this morning I was thinking that DWRY would have been even better if she had sung it with her Ghosttown vocals. So I guess I don't really think they are sung similarly haha.

Which parts are you thinking of?

I'm just going to keep coming every few days to repeat how this is one of my favorite Madonna songs ever. I apologize in advance.

LMFAO, I am basically doing the same thing. No shame.

This is a song that should WIN Pop Vocal Performance Grammy next year. Yes, the VOCAL Grammy. Because this woman SINGS better than people who are hailed as great vocalists. Flawless song.

That voice is real.

I would kill for video footage of her on the studio while prepping to sing this. It must have been special. I always remember seeing her studio time on MTV during ROL and how it made a huge impact on me, and on my impression of her.

This is a song that should WIN Pop Vocal Performance Grammy next year. Yes, the VOCAL Grammy. Because this woman SINGS better than people who are hailed as great vocalists. Flawless song.

Amen to that. Screaming the hell out of a song doesn't make you necessarily a great singer.

Amen to that. Screaming the hell out of a song doesn't make you necessarily a great singer.

Exactly. Nobody could sing this song better than how Madonna has. She truly is a beautiful inspiring singer - does not need to scream or screech.

I was just thinking of the Grammys and what awards it could be submitted in and, yes, this is clearly her best vocal in years.

That particular category isn't based on vocals surprisingly which is a surprise given who they tend to go for. Madonna was nominated 4 times (including BS and Music) and in the year of the LAP shut out, Paula Abdul was nominated for Straight Up. :lmao:

Grammy nominations predicta

Album Of The Year

Record Of The Year (Ghosttown)

Song Of The Year (Ghosttown)

Dance Recording (Bytch I'm Vadge)

Remixed Recording (Living For Love)

Best Country Performance (Devil Prays)

Best Hip Hop Performance (Illuminati)

Best Reggae Performance (Unapologetic Cunt)

Producer of the Year (Diplo)

Best Album Packaging

10 Grammy nominations :wow:

^ I think she just likes alternating her treated and non treated vocals within the same song. Similar to how she sings in different keys/styles on LFL. I'm just guessing.