GHOSTTOWN appreciation!

^ Funny, I was just typing the same thing about music/lyrics (below).

At the end of the day, I just care about what I think of her music. That said!, other Madonna fans' opinions are interesting to me. But, they also live different lives than I do. We all connect to Madonna's music in different ways.

When I first heard Ghosttown...(fuck, I hate that it's spelled like that)...I thought of my cousin who died in 2006. No one here cares or relates to that.

But, maybe along the way, I can find a friend or two who can...

Yeah it seems from your (and some others') responses that the connection is largely lyrical/emotional. I personally tend to focus on the sound/style first, then after I absorb that, I pay closer attention to the lyrics. I felt like I was missing something since everyone seems to love it. Perhaps it will grow on me. I do love the vocals. If not, I have four other songs I like/love, and now "Inside Out," which might become my favorite.

^ Funny, I was just typing the same thing about music/lyrics (below).

Yeah it seems from your (and some others') responses that the connection is largely lyrical/emotional. I personally tend to focus on the sound/style first, then after I absorb that, I pay closer attention to the lyrics. I felt like I was missing something since everyone seems to love it. Perhaps it will grow on me. I do love the vocals. If not, I have four other songs I like/love, and now "Inside Out," which might become my favorite.

I do like Ghosttown, but I can see what you're saying it's a little conventional and MOR. I just heard Inside Out on youtube and I think it's the best and my favorite so far as well.

To me, Madonna ballads never sound generic. I feel like she basically trademarked a style called Madonna Ballad back in 1986, and although there are many variations and some that lean closer to MOR than others, they are all unmistakably "hers."

I think my love of them only increased in the aughts when they seemed to become a rare commodity. A couple of times (COADF and HC) she said she didn't want ballads (!) and I always like when there are a couple.

I think "Ghosttown" is one of the best she's ever done, and although I haven't listened to any leaks, I have gathered that I am gonna be blown away by "Joan of Arc" as well!

I love how this song has such strong verses, a double chorus, amazing bridge ...

Finally a very beautiful ballad since X-tatic process and Easy Ride. Of course I love Love spents ballad version aswell,

but this track is more like her 90s ballads which I adore the most !!!!

LOL at the usual suspects. No-one's saying people aren't "entitled to their opinion" but I'm guessing the meaning of an APPRECIATION thread is lost on some people. I'm thinking we should have a little combined depreciation thread where the deludes can congregate and type endless bile at each other about these WONDERFUL new songs.

ikr :chuckle:

To me, Madonna ballads never sound generic. I feel like she basically trademarked a style called Madonna Ballad back in 1986, and although there are many variations and some that lean closer to MOR than others, they are all unmistakably "hers."

I think my love of them only increased in the aughts when they seemed to become a rare commodity. A couple of times (COADF and HC) she said she didn't want ballads (!) and I always like when there are a couple.

I think "Ghosttown" is one of the best she's ever done, and although I haven't listened to any leaks, I have gathered that I am gonna be blown away by "Joan of Arc" as well!

I love how this song has such strong verses, a double chorus, amazing bridge ...

THIS!!

She wrote this by herself ? Amazing . I love this song .

No, she wrote it with Jason Evigan, E. Kidd Bogart and Sean Douglas.

Her co-writers have nothing but praise for her. They didn't even know whether or not the song would make it on the album, until it was released!

Her co-writers have nothing but praise for her. They didn't even know whether or not the song would make it on the album, until it was released!

Oh ok thanks ! I love this track ! Everything feels so fresh and new !

From where do we know who are the writers? From iTunes? Why is it that first she was the sole writer and now the credits have changed?

From where do we know who are the writers? From iTunes? Why is it that first she was the sole writer and now the credits have changed?

I don't know about the rest of the world, but if download the songs from iTunes Denmark or the Danish Google Play Music store, the metadata credit Madonna as the sole write of all songs.

But the three co-writers, have all tweeted and instagrammed that they co-wrote the song with her. And Madonna herself confirmed that she wrote the song with them in one of the interviews she did after the release.

So...... I just put this song on and after 5 seconds my older son who is 7 shouts from his room "I love this song!!!" He's only heard it maybe 2 or 3 times. And then my other son who is 6 says " yeah me too, and daddy I heard this song in music today!" Apparently the younger generation loves this song and it's spreading like wildfire. I'm thinking maybe it should be a single. ;)