GHOSTTOWN appreciation!

Guest Borderline

This is just an utterly amazing song! It truly seems that she's going for a music festival vibe with all of the tracks... loads of sing-a-long melodies that slay! <3

This is just an utterly amazing song!

It truly seems that she's going for a music festival vibe with all of the tracks... loads of sing-a-long melodies that slay! <3

MELODY CICCONE is back !!

Love her

What am I missing here? I'm listening right now and I'm still not into it. I can hear the Ryan Tedder sound - maybe that's what's bothering me. Sounds like something Beyonce or someone else would do. I do think it would make a good single for that reason.

What am I missing here? I'm listening right now and I'm still not into it. I can hear the Ryan Tedder sound - maybe that's what's bothering me. Sounds like something Beyonce or someone else would do. I do think it would make a good single for that reason.

I guess it's a good thing I don't listen to Beyonce because I love Ghosttown and don't connect it with her at all.

I don't want to be crucified for this but my first thought on Ghosttown was "Wow, this would fit right in on the new Taylor Swift album"
:x

Don't get me wrong I LIKE it but...

Guest Borderline

A soul?

Ghosttown just gets better with each listen, one of Ms best songs in quite some time.

The only new song I like more so far is Devil Prays, but it's a close race with Ghosttown now...

That's like saying that Live to Tell isn't strong enough because it resembles [insert 80s song here].

Who cares? It's a good song. It's a great song. The lyrics have that mystical quality that's only Madonna's. And she's singing it like her life depends on it.

That's the connection right there.

Oh of course YOU would be the first one to serve up something negative about this sublime song. BOLT!

As everyone knows, I love Madge the Balladeer. This is a stupendous song in the classic Madonna ballad mold, but also sounds fresh and different. That is one of her gifts: her songs always sound like no one else, while also sounding quintessentially Madonnaesque. If there is at least one other ballad on the album of this caliber, I will die.

Guest CzarnaWisnia

This song seems to illustrate the special tone of the album so far, to me, that mix of disappointment and hopeful/confident longing for the future, like the look she has on the album cover: she's wrapped and constrained (with the past/present) but perfectly calm, looking up in a kind of daze to some kind of knowledge that it'll all be ok.

Definitely the most "generic" sounding to me, I could easily hear Katy perry or any other pop tart singing this, but it is an absolutely flawlessly produced example of what all those wannabes try to be!

I don't want to be crucified for this but my first thought on Ghosttown was "Wow, this would fit right in on the new Taylor Swift album"

:x

Don't get me wrong I LIKE it but...

I think you are confusing Ghosttown with Messiah.

*raises shield*

Guest eroticerotic

um....i think that's the point of the album. Madonna can do what is current and get away with it and add more to it due to the fact she is Madonna, and her age, and still feeling creative.

It's the ultimate milestone in my opinion!

Could you please shut the fuck up and go away for 5 weeks? Thanks.

I have returned to this one over the course of a whole day more than the others. It's clearly going to be an album highlight.

I already picture this being on the next tour -- her sitting on the steps, just her and her audience, and us all singing the lyrics back to her. :inlove:

Definitely the most "generic" sounding to me, I could easily hear Katy perry or any other pop tart singing this, but it is an absolutely flawlessly produced example of what all those wannabes try to be!

I get your point.

It is a bit generic in its sound, but the lyrics and the way Madonna delivers them makes it very Madonna-esque.