REBEL HEART - the new album. 6 songs OUT NOW on iTunes. QUEEN is No. 1 everywhere

People that say they have been long time Madonna fans but now they are dissapointed are just trolls and they should be ignored. Get over them, I hate when people reply to them on facebook, youtube or whatever because they make a big deal of something meaningless.

Edited by Macromad

Some assholes (those who want ROL to happen in every new release) make me wanna hate Ray Of Light. YES, it's a fucking masterpiece but the best thing about Madonna is that no album sounds the same and even if that was the case I'd rather have another album like Erotica, Like A Prayer, Bedtime Stories, Music, American Life before any Ray Of Light 2.0.

And Rebel Heart is already EPIC. I mean, even the demos are worth more than any other current pop release.

AMEN

I am one of those fans who arrived with Ray of Light, and yes it *is* a benchmark record in many respects - even from a purely objective viewpoint. I don't want her to make ROL 2.0 but I do become critical when she puts out two average records (being HC & MDNA) especially because she followed ROL with such strong efforts. (Yes, even American Life is a artistically invested album!). I took a lot of time to get to know her back catalogue and it became apparent that every album she's ever done before 2008 was strong despite their obvious criticisms. She's capable of pop sorcery this woman, yet her creativity was pretty much absent from her last two efforts. I'm not exactly sure what my point is now, but I'm going to defend ROL as a defining moment in her career and it culminated into 'Confessions' which is another perfect Madonna record for that matter.

That said,Rebel Heart excites me in ways I have not felt since Confessions and to me is exactly what Madonna should sound like in 2014/2015. Every single song I've heard so far sounds incredible!

Guest Borderline

I seriously wish people would stop dragging Hard Candy and MDNA through the mud all the time. They were both solid, incredibly fun albums - especially HC. Get over it, you have too many expectations.

Guest Borderline

Forgive me :lol:

Not everyone NEEDS to be a music critic. We can just be fans... that's alright too.

But regardless, you are forgiven... just don't do it again! :laugh:

I seriously wish people would stop dragging Hard Candy and MDNA through the mud all the time. They were both solid, incredibly fun albums - especially HC. Get over it, you have too many expectations.

I'm not a fan of HC and MDNA was kinda mixed salad, but they had their bright moments too (for example Miles Away is still gorgeous and Gang Bang was something different and awesome). My biggest problem with them was that they didn't feel like true Madonna albums.

Guest Borderline

I'm not a fan of HC and MDNA was kinda mixed salad, but they had their bright moments too (for example Miles Away is still gorgeous and Gang Bang was something different and awesome). My biggest problem with them was that they didn't feel like true Madonna albums.

But they totally do.

New album and people still cant stop moaning about mdna and hard candy.

just fuck off already god damn

and don't give me this everyone has an opinion wah wahhh I'm a little baby and this is a web forum bullshit

your shit opinion doesn't matter and you can fuck offffff

I haven't connected with her music this way in ages. I've consistently loved her output (except HC), but I feel a deep, emotional connection to many of these tracks and it's just ripping me apart in the most beautiful ways.

Me too. As much as i liked some tracks from HC or some tracks from MDNA, this is different.

and don't give me this everyone has an opinion wah wahhh I'm a little baby and this is a web forum bullshit

:lmao: :lmao: HAHAHAAH I love it

I hope I'm not included in that :( I just mentioned that I connected so much more to this album than HC, but I can see why people loved it regardless :(

Yes, it seems that every thread about the new album has to have posts about people not liking Hard Candy and MDNA. There are so many threads about these albums and it is a shame to have to yet again hear all this negativity when talking of new music that is being celebrated.

Madonna’s Next Album Is Shaping Up to Be Her Best in a Decade - TIME Magazine

The singer's surprise release of several new songs reveals that the Queen of Pop hasn't lost her edge :bow:

When a handful of Madonna demos leaked last week — an event she called “artistic rape” and a “form of terrorism” — she decided to fight fire with fire by releasing the official versions of six songs cut from her upcoming thirteenth studio album, Rebel Heart. The bundle of new tracks represent her first collection of new material since 2012’sMDNA, a lukewarm flirtation with contemporary club music. Thing is, though, there’s a joy to every new Madonna release that’s just separated from determining the quality of the actual music: at this point in her career she’s pop’s cockroach, resilient and hardy and shockingly adaptable. With each new record, there are lessons about the genre’s present and near future in the specific sounds and figures she chooses to help realize her vision.

Based on this first batch of Rebel Heart material, Madonna is looking to strike a balance. First, there’s are the figures at the centre of EDM and synth-pop, her chosen modes of operation — meaning writers and producers like Diplo, Avicii, and Savan Kotecha. Then, she ropes in artists working at the vanguard across a variety of genres, from superstars like Kanye West to relative nobodies like producers Ariel Rechtshaid and Sophie. This is a savvy move — what a surprise, a smart play from one of the canniest pop stars to ever roam an arena — because it allows her to play to the masses while still pushing boundaries.

The songs that lead off this first Rebel Heart blast, lead single “Living for Love” and “Devil Pray,” could fit in neatly on the radio beside this year’s British house-pop crossovers and Avicii’s own “Hey Brother.” The ones that close it, namely the abrasive half-rapped Kanye collaboration “Illuminati” and caffeine-drunk trap anthem/Nicki Minaj feature “Bitch I’m Madonna,” hew closer to the spirit of PC Music’s obscure SoundCloud accounts and the sharp edges of Yeezus.

And because Madonna exists in rarefied air, the kind reserved for luminaries like herself and Prince and very few others, each of her new releases is less of an independent statement than a response to everything she’s done before, another chapter tacked onto an epic novel with no definite end. The tones, themes, and imagery that make up her musical toolbox — the frank sensuality, the various methods of intoxication, the lapsed Catholicism, the uncompromising confidence — are gospel at this point, and they elevate some of the more forgettable Rebel Heart material to a base level of pleasure. It’s fun to hear Madonna deliver a line like, “It might sound like I’m an unapologetic bitch / but sometimes you know I gotta call I like it is” (and try on 2 Chainz’ flow, just for kicks) because she has three’ decades worth of unapologetic bitchiness in her back pocket. It’s an easy score, sure, but it’s effective. And if the complete version of Rebel Heart, due March 10th via Interscope, can deliver a few more of those easy scores alongside a bit more adventurous songwriting, the album could be Madonna’s finest in almost a decade.

http://time.com/3643968/madonna-rebel-heart-new-music/

Slate Magazine:

Madonna Releases Six Songs From New, Leaked Album Rebel Heart

Earlier this week, 13 demos, all supposedly for Madonna’s forthcoming album, found their way online. The new record had yet to be given a title or release date, spurring the singer to denounce the leaks as “a form of terrorism” and “artistic rape.” She’s now taken matters into her own hands, revealing the album’s title—Rebel Heart—and releasing for download six brand-new, completed songs as an “early Christmas gift”to fans.

Of course, some of these tracks aren’t actually new given the leaks, but half of those leaks were barely finished and the other half won’t be on Rebel Heart at all. The officially released songs feature a murderer’s row of producers—Diplo, Avicii, and Kanye West, to name a few—and suggest a very dance-heavy record, with plenty of vocal reverb and jagged EDM beats. Still, despite the club-friendly sound, it’s the country-tinged “Devil Pray” and reggae-influenced “Unapologetic Bitch” that stand out. Rebel Heart is out in March.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2014/12/20/madonna_previews_rebel_heart_six_new_tracks_from_the_new_leaked_album.html

Makes me cry

I know what you mean. I am just SO SO proud of her. It's so funny how I've developed this feeling of pride for her in recent years. The last time I felt it this strong was the Superbowl. I guess, as I got older and matured (:chuckle:), I humanized her more, and she's shown her vulnerabilities more and more as the years have gone by, so I really do feel proud of her for her accomplishments, especially considering the superhuman obstacles she's had to overcome.