REBEL HEART - the new album. 6 songs OUT NOW on iTunes. QUEEN is No. 1 everywhere

I don't think its desperation. I think all of us can relate to situations when you are not your best self and do things because you have to either because of someone else, your expected to... There is a period in all of our lives when things don't go as you hoped, imagines, planned... There is just 10000x more pressure on her with all the contracts, deals and shit. People waiting in the shadows to push her off.. Lyrically she never failed on any album. Hard Candy: 'Devil Couldn't Recognise You', 'Voices', 'She's not me', 'Heartbeat' and 'Miles Away'; MDNA: pretty much all song ('Falling Free' & 'Love Spent' my fave) are great.

Illuminati is a cool track, like some of the other demos it still needs quite a lot of reworking to make it work IMO, but it's going into the right direction.

Oh and I don't believe the rumours that LFL will drop this Monday. What's the point? Radio won't play it in the Christmas week and I believe it would get lost among the excitement for New Years too. I think January makes a lot more sense, maybe not the first days, but drop it in the second or third week and it will receive the desired attention (although promotion is, of course, still the ultimate key).

Monday rumors are ridiculous, the world comes to a practical stand still over the holidays and is indeed overshadowed by Christmas songs on radio. Worst possible time to officially release a new track...

Yeah I agree but you never know. I'm a little skeptical that the single is LFL. I thought Diplo said it was gonna be reggae-esque. Unless he reworked it...but that would ruin LFL's feel completely.

Diplo was reffering to Unapologetic Bitch when talking about the reaggae track, which it clearly is. I doubt they'd turn LFL into a reaggae track, most likely they fleshed out the track, improved the somewhat boring verses and the shody structure the song has now. I have complete faith that they turned the song into a really big, festive, massive anthem! Can't wait to hear the final version!!!

Today's thoughts and observations as I obsessively listen on repeat:

Stunning, award-worthy lyrics. Deeply personal yet perfectly relatable, introspective, retrospective, empowering, and heartbreaking. Everything songs should be.

Vocals - some of her best EVER. Crystal clear, strong, emotional, straight from the gut.

BORROWED TIME - this song is euphoric. I love how it starts off acoustic with those naked, perfect vocals and explodes into that powerful, pounding chorus followed by the synthy break, but what I love most is it doesn't stay that way, it goes back to just guitar and her voice again, so you pay attention to those beautiful lyrics before building back up again. UGH :dramatic: (I'm not really good at explaining different sounds in songs so bare with me :lol:)

REVOLUTION - it's really hard to write a song about a revolution, and CALL it Revolution, and pull it off. But for fuck's sake, she sure did it. I love love love the "ohhh ohhh ohh" after "It's a revolution" and the "HUH!". MY GOD WHAT THIS WOMAN DOES TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ILLUMINATI - still kicks ass and I need to hear this in an arena

BITCH I'M MADONNA - I get it now. :headbang:

There's not a single song that I don't absolutely adore to pieces. That hasn't happened since... well, that hasn't happened.

If Living For Love drops on Monday, it would be a great opportunity for a massive campaign to promote the single with a four day on top of every hour play rotation on radio. It has been done before and it will lead right into after Christmas.

Wishful think on my part but the smart thing to do.

Joan of Arc is so perfect. Absolutely my favourite demo. I feel close to tears all the time.

giphy.gif

They couldn’t say it to my face...

One day I won’t care...

But for the moment I’m not there...

I’ll just close my eyes, and let you catch me now

listening to dj dahi now to get an idea of how some of the music may change, and Im liking what I hear. just don't hope all the beautiful pop/rock songs won't turn into diplo dance tracks like UB etc.

dahi could really bring in something extra, something soothing yet different. like an updated Orbit

Doesn't it seem strange that DrownedMadonna who reported on all of these (& more) demos has been very quiet since the leak happened? curious.

cause their shit is straight up getting investigated :lol:

Diplo was reffering to Unapologetic Bitch when talking about the reaggae track, which it clearly is. I doubt they'd turn LFL into a reaggae track, most likely they fleshed out the track, improved the somewhat boring verses and the shody structure the song has now. I have complete faith that they turned the song into a really big, festive, massive anthem! Can't wait to hear the final version!!!

Didn't Drowned World reported that Living for Love will be the kick off single???

Does anyone else agree that living for love is perfect besides the crow-like sounding versus? It has SO much potential. I just hope she fixes it. It should definitely be the lead single though. My favorite chorus since Music!

yeah, but she should do a better vocal at the beginning (i guess the crow vocal ur talking about) and add a bit of extra touch here & there to make it even bigger.

yeah, but she should do a better vocal at the beginning (i guess the crow vocal ur talking about) and add a bit of extra touch here & there to make it even bigger.

Yeah its potential is massive. I could see it being HUGE, and winning grammys+topping charts. It could seriously be huge if it is handled correctly. The beginning vocals really do need to be reworked.. The versus are just too weak right now.

Guest Borderline

Ugh... I caved. This woman has always had a hex on me... She could slap all of these songs on a disc as-is and call it her album and I would be thrilled. It's all really great stuff. The fact that there is still more being done to the album just really speaks to her dedication to this project. All of these songs are fun, inspired, poignant and most of all, they are all very Madonna.

I feel a bit torn about listening to the demos, but, everyone else was doing it (or some excuse like that so that I can live with myself)... but, regardless - I will buy anything this woman puts out, many times over. I'm so excited to hear and see the art that she wants to put forward and wants us to have. So excited for this album.