Bill

Guest Pud Whacker

no particular order.

Masterpiece

Best Friend

I Fucked Up

Love Spent

Falling Free

i always said if it was on vinyl, side 2 would be my favorite.

I guess I don't so much feel like her heart wasn't in it when I say I didn't like it, I just felt disconnected to it. I mean, how much was her heart in Papa Don't Preach? She didn't even write that. It's the quality of the music that changed on HC, for me, plus a style that I didn't necessarily care for. It didn't help that Justin Timberlake was involved, who I can't stand.

But you're right. None of us know how much her heart is in anything she does... She just does what she wants, when she wants to, and that's how it should be. Not every song has to be an autobiography. But every song does have to be good. :lol:

True Dat! ;)

I really love MDNA. It's eclectic and schizophrenic. I found it hard to choose my top 5, but...

5) I'm a Sinner (completes the trinity with Beautiful Stranger & Amazing)

4) Some Girls (love Orbit's remix)

3) I'm Addicted (wish it had a bit more bass)

2) Love Spent (the acoustic version is beautiful)

1) Falling Free (the fact she had a cold while singing it adds to it's uniqueness!)

Love Spent & Falling Free are in my Madonna all-time top 20. I adore them.

When Madonna released MDNA I've been disoriented. During the listenings I appreciated a lot of songs but my impression was that she really wanted to do something that could satisfy every kind of fan as a celebration. In fact, we can find a lot of styles that she took during her carrier, all revisited with the current sounds. I'm talking about the 80's influences from the first Madonna or the urban influences from Bedtime Stories for example. But I think that she would have to work a little bit more, because there are some songs that for me are so unnecessary like Superstar. It's true also that I adore some songs that I listen very often. I love Gang bang, masterpiece, beautiful killer... so I have a good opinion of this album but maybe I prefer Hard Candy.

Anyhow, my top 5 is

Masterpiece
Gang Bang
Girl gone wild
Beautiful Killer
Turn up the radio

Now I wanna listen MDNA, bye!!! lol

This is the MDNA Top 5 thread (Superstar should be in all your Top 5) not bash Hard Candy, my most favorite M album, thread.

It is a personal album. Just because you didn't like the genre of the album, you can't say it's not personal at all. Candy Shop and Dance 2Night are sexy songs that would lyrically fit in Erotica. BGO, GI2M, 4 Minutes' lyrics would fit in the preachy AL and COADF. Miles Away, SNM, Incredible are all personal songs for M.

The clash between the costume and the pink background were a perfect representation of HC. It represented the divorce phase perfectly, sort of like, I'm fighting a battle but still putting a smile on my face. Hence the contrast between the album design.

Anyway, let's go back to worshipping Superstar. Am I the only one who loves that song?

Edit: If the Hard Candy era was able to invite new fans, there's nothing to be embarrassed about it.

Edit: If the Hard Candy era was able to invite new fans, there's nothing to be embarrassed about it.

The 'awfulness' of HC is blown out of proportion in my opinion. Sure, I like other albums in her catalogue, but it's not a artistic failure and definitely not my least favourite of hers.

Sometimes sarcasm doesn't translate well online. I wasnt being serious with the first part of my comment.

Bad joke, sorry.

Don't worry Kurt. We all have those moments on the forum. Either jokes misread or totally Lost in Translation and intent.

2 cents from WeboGirl...

I have felt a connection with every album she's ever released. I feel she has put her heart and soul in all her music. Each represent a phase in her life. And, I translate each album as a soundtrack to my own life.

I love her.

Did anyone actually listen to the lyrics on HC?? Clearly her heart was in it.

Anyone that has a problem with MDolla is racist (throw in a dash of ageist too)....and that's just the way it is. Madonna had been doing "mature" for 10 yrs at that point, it was time for a change! I hope the fair weathered fans that beat her down during that period do NOT come back for Rebel Heart. Goodbye and good riddance as far as I'm concerned.

Come on now Kurt, you're more intelligent than that.

1. I'm Addicted

2. Falling Free

3. Love Spent

4. Some Girls

5. Gang Bang

Gotta give shout outs to BK and especially GGW. I've went from nearly disliking it to having it become a "must listen" to track when I put MDNA on. This album gets critiqued so unfairly. If you take out some of the fluff and sequence the tracks right, you have a damn near perfect pop album.

1. Girl Gone Wild

2. Gang Bang

3. I'm Addicted

4. Some Girls

5. I Don't Give A

6. Turn Up the Radio

7. I'm a Sinner

8. Beautiful Killer

9. Masterpiece

10. Love Spent

11. Best Friend

12. Falling Free

GMAYL, Supertrash, I Fucked (This song) Up and Bidet Song have been banished to the "bonus disc" which would not be worth buying, had the tracklist been as above.

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful Killer (It is such a Madonna song, and unfortunately it didn't get the exposure it should have)

Girl Gone Wild (Also an authentic Madonna song that would have done much better released as the album's lead singer rather than Gimmie All your luvin that sounded like a Miley Cyrus reject)

Gang Bang

Best Friend

I Don't Give A....

Unfortunately there were some really great tracks on this album that got mixed up in some really terrible songs that had nothing of the Madonna we all know and love. Luckily Rebel Heart seems to make the exception and will make for an amazing come back for her.