New album thread: "Living for Love" 1st single according to DrownedMadonna

The Grammys will be held on February 8, it's the perfect time to launch the single for a March release! I'm quite sure M will perform :madonna2:

Next award shows:

BRIT Awards : 25 February

Billboard Music Awards : mid-May

Or maybe a talent show?

Thank you for the details! I wish I could skip January...

Katy Perry's Super Bowl halftime show will be held on February 1, but I don't think Madonna would guest on something she's done on her own...

I wish I could skip January too! :roadrunner:

Diplo: “Madonna’s first single will come out early 2015 and will have a reggae vibe.”

During an interview on the Australian tv show “The Riff” on Channel V, to promote the Stereosonic Music Festivl, Diplo talked Madonna and he said that the first single will come out early next year. He added that the track, produced by him, is the notorious song with a reggae/dancehall vibe.

http://drownedmadonna.com/diplo-madonnas-first-single-will-come-early-2015-will-reggae-vibe/20141203

I've grown very fond of the Rebel Heart title and double album idea. I hope at least one of them is true.

The whole "so-and-so" single was a flop/not a flop is totally relative, right? A Top 10 single in the U.S. is certainly something to celebrate 30 years into a career. Every studio album M has ever released has had a Top 10 single. But then, when you compare GMAYL to her previous lead singles and the singles by other artists that were big in early 2012 ("We Are Young," "Set Fire to the Rain," "We Found Love", etc.), it didn't do very well. The first two weeks were big because of the SB, CC promo, and the phenomenon that is a New Madonna Single. But then it faded away very quickly.

Miley on Rebel Heart? great way to ruin a good song.

I actually like Miley a lot and I wouldn't mind her on the album but not on Rebel Heart. It would make no sense. The lyrics of the song are for someone who is clearly older and been through a lot in life and came out stronger. Rebel Heart is too "soft" for Miley. I see her on a more in your face less mature maybe reggae/ragga song like Unapologetic Bitch.

"Living For Love" is probably going to be the lead single but it could also be "Bitch, I'm Madonna," or "UnapologeticBitch."

I feel like around this time for the past two eras we already knew what the lead single would be. Obviously GMAYL leaked early but Timbaland premiered "4 Minutes" in Dec 07. It's kind of nice that it's still a surprise as to what the lead will be.

When will she make some kind of announcement? She can't hide the music for much longer! She needs to do something soon before all of the hype fades!

Diplo: “Madonna’s first single will come out early 2015 and will have a reggae vibe.”

During an interview on the Australian tv show “The Riff” on Channel V, to promote the Stereosonic Music Festivl, Diplo talked Madonna and he said that the first single will come out early next year.

Diplo added that the track, produced by him, is the notorious song with a reggae/dancehall vibe.

"Living For Love" is probably going to be the lead single but it could also be "Bitch, I'm Madonna," or "UnapologeticBitch."

I feel like around this time for the past two eras we already knew what the lead single would be. Obviously GMAYL leaked early but Timbaland premiered "4 Minutes" in Dec 07. It's kind of nice that it's still a surprise as to what the lead will be.

How?

"

on December 3, 2014 at 3:30 pm
    SHARES

During an interview on the Australian tv show “The Riff” on Channel V, to promote the Stereosonic Music Festivl, Diplo talked Madonna and he said that the first single will come out early next year.

Diplo added that the track, produced by him, is the notorious song with a reggae/dancehall vibe."

It will be another polarized moment in Madonnas career a la:

Erotica

American Life

4 Minutes

GMAYL

Some will like it and some will hate it.

From the rumors I have read it has Madonna singing in crowtastic voice about bytches and beach parties..

Probably has Minaj rapping in too.

Will be interesting, for sure.

Obviously the two songs leaked are just a way to entertain us before the album/single release next year. None of them will be the first single for sure. (It's a shame because RH was well received and breaks the norm of the obvious "fun-pop" that she's been releasing since Music as a lead single).

A jan/feb release for the first single seems more likely now and I just can't wait.

Guest toomawashi

Really looking FW to hear the Diplo stuff. I Was very worried about Avicii but now I'm reassured. Time to tackle my other fears :-)

Let's hope that Diplo song is not just a meaningless, immature fun track with her singing about beach parties or something. Would surely make for a cool album track, but judging by the immense positive reception RH got from the whole general public, a more mature track would be the wiser lead single choice.