New album thread: Madonna now in Malawi.

Can someone tell me what time frame was the usual to announce release date of her albums? 1,2,3 months? Everything is different now with the music industry. I will wait as long as it takes for an album she is happy to release.

The good thing is that "next year" is in one month! Behold, she's coming soon!

And yeah, a single could drop before the end of 2014... Diplo said a few weeks ago that the single has been chosen, and M teased a photoshoot. It can happen! Hopefully, the first single for mid December and the second in February with the album?

Can someone tell me what time frame was the usual to announce release date of her albums? 1,2,3 months? Everything is different now with the music industry. I will wait as long as it takes for an album she is happy to release.

COADF - 4 Months

Jul27,2005:

Madonna has announced details of the first release from her new album, “Confessions On A Dancefloor”.

The comeback single will be “Hung Up”, reports madonna.com. An autumn release is expected.

Aug4,2005:

Madonna.com is pleased to announce the release date for Madonna’s new All Dance Album. Madonna fans all over the world can rejoice, because the album release date is currently scheduled for November 15, 2005.

Sep17,2005:
'Confessions on a Dance Floor' album cover is revealed.

Oct17,2005:

"Hung Up" was released as the album's lead single.

Nov11, 2005

Confessions on a Dance Floor is the tenth studio album by American singer-songwriter Madonna. It was released on November 11, 2005 by Warner Bros.

All of this information is so bewildering! Rap, dance, pop, orchestral, choral, hip hop? 17 producers mixers and writers, 24 featured artists and 174 song titles? It's impossible to know what she's really planning and I bet she LOVES that!

Here's a thought: maybe all of this info is just a smoke screen and she's finishing up the final touches on a new album with Pat Leonard as we speak :)

MDNA :

On July 4, 2011, Madonna's manager Guy Oseary, announced that Madonna entered the studio to begin the recording sessions for the album.

On December 15, 2011, Madonna announced that the album would be released in the spring of 2012.

On January 11, 2012, the album's title was announced by Madonna during an interview on The Graham Norton Show.

On February 3, 2012, "Give Me All Your Luvin'" was released as the first single from the album.

On March 23, 2012, the album was released.

It's interesting to see that it's the same schedule as Confessions! The title is announced 4 months before the release. If Rebel Heart is really released in Spring 2015, we'll have news soon!

Edited by Moka

For MDNA, the release date was revealed 7 weeks before album was released.

11 January 2012

Madonna revealed the title - MDNA - on the Graham Norton Show

29 January 2012

The release date of MDNA was revealed.

"Give Me All Your Luvin'" was officially announced as the lead single, which was to be released 5 days later.

30 January 2012

The cover art for the Deluxe Edition of MDNA was revealed.

3 February 2012

"Give Me All Your Luvin'" was released as the album's first single, available exclusively at iTunes for the fist four days.

The titles to 15 of the songs were announced.

7 February 2012

The cover art for the Standard Edition of MDNA was revealed.

10 February 2012

Madonna announced "Girl Gone Wild" as the second single during a radio interview with Ryan Seacrest.

1 March 2012

"Girl Gone Wild" was officially released as the second single (it had premiered on VEVO as a lyric video on 27 February)

2 March 2012

The release date was revealed in a review published by Attitude Magazine.

23 March 2012

MDNA was released.

I hope she will do a Rolling Stones or Billboard interview to talk about the recording process and release date!

Edited by Moka

It's been obvious for months no new music will drop until 2015.

I cannot believe some fans STILL believe we are getting a single this year!

And how do you know that exactly? Are you close to Madonna? We know (from Guy Oseary) that the album will be out in 2015, and we can assume she will tour this summer... If she doesn't want to rush the promo like for MDNA before the tour, it's possible she releases a first single in december...

Madonna herself said months ago "we've got to finish this shit", "#Messiah #soon", and "the calm before the storm", and we all remember the rumors about her being booked for X Factor on December...

Exactly. The drama and panic on this thread is quite hilarious in many ways.

I don't see any drama or panic here, only excitement.

Edited by Moka

And how do you know that exactly? Are you close to Madonna? We know (from Guy Oseary) that the album will be out in 2015, and we can assume she will tour this summer... If she doesn't want to rush the promo like for MDNA before the tour, it's possible she releases a first single in december...

Madonna herself said months ago "we've got to finish this shit", "#Messiah #soon", and "the calm before the storm", and we all remember the rumors about her being booked for X Factor on December...

:thumbsup:

No, there is a lot of drama. I've already virtually bitch slapped at least 5 people.

I fully take your point but when it got to September with zero annoucmnet, no artwork shot, no video shot, nothing set up it was pretty obvious the album wouldnt make the 4th Quartre of the year....

But still people in here came up with something, anything....to argue a single was round the corner...

Even Madonna herself took to her Instagram and announced a "half baked cake" to let the message out it was no were near done!

I'm not Guy but im a Madonna fan, and she ALWAYS sets up her albums properly.....with at least 3months notice of when it's out, press packs, listening parties, press releases ect......and it will be no differnt this time (in my HUMBLE opinion)

I just went on what she's done before with all her other records....and please, don't answer back with the "Beyonce" debate....because that's NOT Madonna either.....

💋💋💋