Happy 9th Birthday Confessions on a Dance Floor !!

XXL

This excites me. I hope Matress posts some cool stuff. Even though it's more recent, I know he has more than we all remember.

:laugh: Everyone loves Mattress's appreciation threads and information. He could easily write a book and every Madonna fan would most likely buy it.

My favorite album of hers :). This says alot because I ve been following her since 1986 (I was seven) and I have owned every record from LAP onwards (I bought the previous ones after that). So for an artist to release such a defying album so long into her career (23 years since the debut) is remarkable and unprecedented (I believe). Also the CTour was probably her best. Not to mention that she looked totally amazing throughout the era. I loved the fact that the music was modern, yet deep, she sounded like an adult sophisticated woman. Probably that's the Part 2 of an album I wont oppose to hear :).

Still remember this day 9 years ago. I was waiting for the proper 256kbps torrent rip while I was taking some classes in college. :lol: burned the cd and left the building with my new M cd blasting the new music while I was driving.

Get Together, Future Lovers, ILNY, Isaac and How High were instant favs.

:wow:

ah, the peak of my record store days, we had the world premier nocturnal retail release

on the 10th of november & sold more than 3.000 copies in one hour! Which is huge in Belgium.

266817752_small.jpg

ah, the peak of my record store days, we had the world premier nocturnal retail release

on the 10th of november & sold more than 3.000 copies in one hour! Which is huge in Belgium

266817752_small.jpg

They did that for HC in Milan :D I remember it vividly. 1 am in the morning, on a week day, the area around the Duomo looked like it was under invasion by an army of gay men between 20 and 50

God how I loved hearing bits of HU for the first time on those Motorola commercial snippets :inlove:

news_madcom1012.jpg

STEVE JOBS:

So Madonna, what took you so long to finally allow your catalogue to be available on the iTUNES store? :dramatic:

MADONNA:

I got tired of not being able to donwload my own music :rotfl:

I loved Hung Up but I felt meh to this initially. At that time, I preferred AL and ROL which I just discovered so that probably formed the initial opinion. But the CT changed all that and I fell in love with the album. I do prefer the unmixed or whatever it is called version than the one that's on the CD because I can't shuffle it properly :lmao: Though I miss the alarm clock in Hung Up. :lol: