Madonna needs to step up her DVD game tour conversion re: Biophilia live.

Ivy

After watching MDNA tour on Bly ray twice and basically throwing it in the trash, just got back from watching Biophilia live and this is how a concert needs to be converted from live to DVD/ screen. Unfuckingbeliavable! Madonna so needs to hire bjorks team as well as David Attenborough for next tour DVD.

What blond ambition did for theatrics in live concerts, bjork has basically taken it to the next level. Madonna is really going to have to step up her game with next tour instead of the usual 4 sections with video interludes. Bjork is genius, and basically makes MDNA tour look like art rave ( forshame comparison, I know, I know but true;).

Guest CzarnaWisnia

I love Bjork and can't wait to get the Biophilia DVD but they're both very different artists with very different concerts, it's difficult to compare them in that way. There's literally nothing similar between MDNA and Biophilia. I think you're judging the MDNA film too harshly.

Incorrect Poontangs!

Watching Biophilia was mesmerizing, watching MDNA made me want to punch the bitch who sold me that defective DVD from Jb hifi.

And I'm not sorry but you can compare the two when it comes to live performances. Their basically leagues ahead of everyone else, and bjork has just taken it to the next level. Madonna needs some real innovation for next tour ( which she is capable of) whatever that may be, but it won't be achieved with the regular formula of 4 sections, 38 dancers, video interludes etc, snoooooooze!

And not just that, but the way special effects were added to Biophilia tour, make MDNA effects look like Atari ( not 2600)

Two different types of live performers.

Biophilia is basically Bjork standing there performing for 2 hours, with some nature effects mixed in.

I'm not sure in what context you could imagine Madonna doing anything like this. The MDNA show is flawless and the DVD was good enough to watch, although it had it's flaws which we've all discussed at length.

With all that said, Bjork's Biophilia is amazing.

MDNA is amazing,

This thread is absurd.

Hmm, I agree and disagree.

I agree that Madonna needs to mix it up a bit. Her tours—as much as I love them—have become very formulaic. You know that the tour is going to be constructed a certain way. But I understand that it's a business too. She can't mix up the formula too much or she could alienate people. She is a pop star after all and has wide appeal. That's something that has to be taken under consideration.

I love Bjork, but completely disagree that she has taken live performance to a level higher than Madonna. No one has done that. I don't see that ever happening, especially with the laziness of current popstars. I do think that Bjork really does what she does well. There is no one like her. Just like there is no one like Madonna.

Now on the subject of DVDs and Blu-Rays: Yes, Madonna's are low quality, compared to lesser artists. At first I blamed Warner for that, but then the MDNA Tour came out. This is how Madonna wants it to be presented. I don't get it, but that's how it is.

Its not just the quality of Madonna's dvds its the way the are filmed and the post production. In some parts of MDNA the filters are so strong on her face that she looks like Casper the ghost and no shot lingers for more than a few seconds before we get another shot.

The whole dvd moves far too quickly and her voice is too processed. The editing is so crazy it almost gives you a headache. I think part of the issue is she doesn't want to focus on close ups of her face for too long. Its a shame because the show was amazing.

Its not just the quality of Madonna's dvds its the way the are filmed and the post production. In some parts of MDNA the filters are so strong on her face that she looks like Casper the ghost and no shot lingers for more than a few seconds before we get another shot.

The whole dvd moves far too quickly and her voice is too processed. The editing is so crazy it almost gives you a headache ;/I think part of the issue is she doesn't want to focus on close ups of her face for too long. Its a shame because the show was amazing.

Vogue especially.

A wonderful show ruined again with bad editing and I'm sure this mess will continue for future shows, they never cared for quality.

Bjorkle is an ugly annoying dog and I cannot bear THAT voice or her tuneless dribblings. That is all. :angel:

Me too.

I tried to get into her but I failed. I think her art is a bit too complicated for me to understand, kind of like modern/abstract paintings. They appear meaningless to me but many people praise the shit out of them and interpret all kinds of stuff into it in order to make sense out of it.

I love the MDNA DVD. It's like a film

Me too. Other than the sound mixing issue and a few continuity issues (which isn't unique to concert films)...I enjoy it. Yes, it's stylized, and that was obviously a deliberate choice on their part (and not surprising, as Madonna has been doing the 'stylized' concert film since IGTTYAS's live sections). Not necessarily about "quality"...it's an artistic choice that some will like, some won't, and it seems to be what Madonna prefers. I've just accepted that (makes for a much happier fan).

The whole dvd moves far too quickly and her voice is too processed. The editing is so crazy it almost gives you a headache. I think part of the issue is she doesn't want to focus on close ups of her face for too long. Its a shame because the show was amazing.

I agree with everything you said, but keep in mind that Madonna was personally involved in the editing. She wanted it that way! I have no idea why she would want such an amazing show presented in such an awful way, but that's how it is.

What a fucking WASTE OF SPACE.

We can spend 33 pages talking about lady gagas mouldy vagina and the ever so talented Katy Berry, but discussing the successful transfer of live concerts to screen/ DVD in a tour thread, is a waste of space?