w.e. on t.v.

paradise

i really hope it gets on a "woman's" channel in the states. I bet all the woman that catch it, will think "wow, this was actually enjoyable and well made..."

The thing is that on Amazon sites worldwide it has execellent ratings. Usually 4.5. It clearly shows that if people were not distracted by those bad reviews by critics (who clearly had an agenda) this movie could have been a decent success at the box office. Let's face it, except for the so so script W.E. is actually a very good movie. I have a hard time to see any bad performance by the actors. And music, camera work, costume and set design are all top notch. And I do think this is because of Madonnas direction. She did a great job. And maybe next time, with the script by someone else, she might succeed. Why not an HBO movie? What happened to that seven sins or plagues project where each episode was supposed to be directed by another director. I think it was Harvey Weinstein who was talking about it.

Or just direct Glenn Close in the movie version of Sunset Boulevard. I mean if she doesn't want to take that role herself? And then co-write a new song with ALW. Glenn may finally get her Oscar. She is long overdue. Madonna might be nominated for Best Direction and will win in the song category. It's the only way.

So I spend 9 minutes of my life watching this guy having a rant about a movie he clearly didn't get. The whole Nazi thing and the the Al Fayed conspiracy . And his problems with the modern part. And hating Masterpiece. Seriously I even have my doubts he actually saw the movie. And the same goes for many of the commentators on youtube. Why? Because it's so easy to trash Madonna for her efforts in movies because it has been accepted as common knowledge that Madonna and movies equal desaster. I do believe Madonna could make another Schindlers List and people will trash her.

So I spend 9 minutes of my life watching this guy having a rant about a movie he clearly didn't get. The whole Nazi thing and the the Al Fayed conspiracy . And his problems with the modern part. And hating Masterpiece. Seriously I even have my doubts he actually saw the movie. And the same goes for many of the commentators on youtube. Why? Because it's so easy to trash Madonna for her efforts in movies because it has been accepted as common knowledge that Madonna and movies equal desaster. I do believe Madonna could make another Schindlers List and people will trash her.

What didn't he get? He said it was one of the worst films he'd ever seen. :chuckle:

Oh please. replace the name "madonna" with that of ANY decent or indie movie director and he'd say "give it a chance, you just may like it. It's not a masterpiece but it has its fine moments" and all that shit. A lot of people who review movies feel so above pop music that this is a joy for them to hate on M's work in the same field. No way he saw it. He only gave the same criticism as all the nasty reviews did (the typical nazi nonsense & sex pistols track.. Im telling you.. she is so underrated when it comes to her humour and intelligence)

We've been down this road before. W.E. is no "masterpiece" (pardon the pun) but it was nowhere near as bad as the critics made it out to be. I'd say the script was poor; but otherwise, it wasn't that bad.

What didn't he get? He said it was one of the worst films he'd ever seen. :chuckle:

Well, first he should show his ticket to prove he has seen the movie. It's not the first time someone gave a review without having watched or heard soemthing. Unfortunately people only get aware when because a technical glitch a review gets posted before something was even released. All he said was really vague. Did he ever get into detail. Yeah the "Pretty Vacant" part. Anything else? And the whole Nazi thing. I think to remember that Madonna made it pretty clear that this was not a biopic. It was about the love story. So why should she adress the Nazi part? And that thing about Al-Fayed. He is the owner of the letters. And that was his role in the picture. I don't see how Madonna made a hero out of him or supports Al-Fayeds conspiracy theories. What the critic says is misleading. But I guess since he his only giving his opinion he is protected by freedom of speech. Sometimes I wish Madonna would be part of a panel, having a discussion. I bet she would teach those guys a lesson. But of course, she would never give them that. Just another reason why some film journalists hate her. Because she declined them an interview.

Kermode's review is really odd because he likes Madonna generally, he loves Evita and thinks her performance in it is stellar, he goes on about it a lot, and I think he likes her in Dick tracy as well. It feels like such a biased review but he generally isn't a very biased reviewer and is really fair and open.

I really liked W.E. and everyone I've shown it to has loved it far more than I do

I love Sony TV! They always show Madonna films. DSS is always on

Yes, I was going to say that! It's Desperately Seeking Sony it's on so often!

I'll see if I come across W.E. and try and watch it!

Guest Rachelle of London

Yes, I was going to say that! It's Desperately Seeking Sony it's on so often!

I'll see if I come across W.E. and try and watch it!

Hahaha ALOTO is on a lot too and the other night Dick Tracy was on. It's a Madonna channel all right hahaha

Guest whatatramp

Hahaha ALOTO is on a lot too and the other night Dick Tracy was on. It's a Madonna channel all right hahaha

I swear at one point they ALOTO aired every other day :lmao:

I saw it on the planner a bit too late but I agree with everything that's been said. Its beautiful and she guides the movie, the score, actors wonderfully. Its the script that lets it down. That's old news I guess but by god it was 'well made'.