when she sampled The Verve in DTM on the RIT - GENIUS

DIRTY PIG

Guest CzarnaWisnia

That sample is actually from the Rolling Stones' The Last Time (orchestral version), upon which Bittersweet symphony was built. But yeah it was a good idea for DTM.

:bow::bow:

Loved it immediately when I saw this at Earl's Court and Wembley Arena, perfect fusion and overall vibe. People never give Madonna enough credit for what she instinctively understands and knows best: music. She has truly impeccable musical taste and I love how every single note of her albums translates differently in their LIVE rendition

Queen Supreme

That sample is actually from the Rolling Stones' The Last Time (orchestral version), upon which Bittersweet symphony was built. But yeah it was a good idea for DTM.

:thumbsup:

And the RS took it from a gospel group named Staple Singers whose track This May Be The Last Time was recorded in the 50s.

"Bittersweet Symphony" is based on Andrew Oldham's orchestral version of "The Last Time"- just thought it was worth mentioning, as you wouldn't really pick up on similarities hearing the original version. :)

The sample M used worked well.

"Bittersweet Symphony" is based on Andrew Oldham's orchestral version of "The Last Time"- just thought it was worth mentioning, as you wouldn't really pick up on similarities hearing the original version. :)

The sample M used worked well.

:thumbsup:

btw, i like this bittersweet s version but my fave was *back then* french/canadian version :)

i have the mp3 that was recorded during the reheasals but in some point she sounds like a transexual got chocked by a pervert :/

The version done at the US and France shows was way too similar to the DWT arrangement. Performance wise it stayed the same but at least the sample made it sound different. She has not performed the song since then (except the Miley mashup), makes one wonder because she cannot reinvent it musically or conceptually...