CONTINUED: Madonna's Best Single Covers

ryan

Let's continue the discussion here ;)

So what do you all think are Madonna's 5 greatest single covers?

My picks, these are just so gorgeous and iconic imo

888533_1341245996615_400_400.jpg

Madonna+-+Erotica.jpg

56307.jpg

papa%20dont%20preach2.jpg

burning_up_usa_12in_front_madonna_martin

Let's dish about ALL her single covers!!!! :D

Honorable mentions:

Hung Up (including it's gorgeous promo cover)

madonna-hungup.jpgsquare-400.jpg

Celebration (which was just so different from MBW previous work. She looks so sexy and seductive in the photos) Even the promo and vinyl cover were beautiful too

Madonna---Celebration-2009-Single-Front-CELEBRATIONCOVER2.jpg$%28KGrHqZ,%21qwFIyW1%28ybeBSM2-dtey%21~

Secret. This look is so sexy to me. I know not many like the cover, but i love how she's centered in the cover, starring straight into you, wanting to tell you her secret.

M-12-85__36065_zoom.jpg I even love the upclose crop found in the Japan single boxset Madonna_0001743.jpg

Even the cassette looks good! Madonna_-_Secret_5439-18035-4.jpg

Can we lock this thread now? Clearly the best single cover belongs to that of "Material Girl". Any other choice is invalid. There's nothing else to be discussed. :lmao:

umm, there is so much more to discuss

like how i once brought up in the past of how odd of a choice it was to use this photo for the Fever cover

Am I the only one who thinks she looks odd in this photo? Like she was caught off guard?

single_fever.jpg

I do love the coloring of the cover, and lighting in the photo. But that pose lol

:rotfl::chuckle::rotfl:

Sorry... but LOL! :lmao:

Hey, catch me on a certain day and I'll say it's her greatest single cover. Not the most iconic of course but that doesn't impact my opinion at all. Agree w/ you on JML though

like how i once brought up in the past of how odd of a choice it was to use this photo for the Fever cover

Am I the only one who thinks she looks odd in this photo? Like she was caught off guard?

single_fever.jpg

I do love the coloring of the cover, and lighting in the photo. But that pose lol

Oi. The more I look at it the more I dislike it and like you said, it has nothing to do w/ Fever. The font, the pic, it's all just ... boring. Not really bad just uneventful. Madonna is flamboyant and colorful. Not here for 9-5 DeskClerkDonna. She looks like a stenographer in the courtroom.

single_fever.jpg

It's always looked like she was about the belch. Pisses me off that they used this image when they had gorgeous shots like this from the same setup that fit the theme better and should have been used instead!

fever3_zps2d06d7ce.png

That said, the official 7" picture disc with a completely different photo also taken from the "Bad Girl" video was stunning! One of her best and it kept with the vaguely 60's themed sleeve art of the other Erotica era singles.

MADONNA_FEVER_PICTURE_DISC_7_16754.jpg

MadonnaHollywood(S).jpg

I was gonna mention Hollywood but in the end it seems the lesser to a better single cover I can't quite pinpoint. Sorry? Human Nature? (I can't even Sorry is the better single cover though, it's a toss up) Hollywood is a stellar cover, esp the back. I remember staring at in the record store and being quite the happy M fan that day. Ahhh, memories. The same can be said for Sorry. I remember staring at the one too (or was it the picture disc?).

That said, the official 7" picture disc with a completely different photo also taken from the "Bad Girl" video was stunning! One of her best and it kept with the vaguely 60's themed sleeve art of the other Erotica era singles.

MADONNA_FEVER_PICTURE_DISC_7_16754.jpg

This is by far the best visual rendition for Fever. Thrilled to have it.

Guest bluejean

1. Justify My Love

2. Everybody

3. Bad Girl

4. Bedtime Story

5. Vogue

6. Rain US

7. Human Nature US

8. Frozen

9. Drowned World/Substitute For Love

10. Like a Prayer 7"