New Album thread: Guy O talks rubbish; M&M cover art rumours?

Maybe as Avicii is unable to work further on the stuff they did together earlier this year due to his health, perhaps Diplo is now working on the Avicii tracks? Not because M isn't happy but because Avicii is ill.

I googled it.

Turnt: a state of altered consciousness induced by alcohol or narcotics, also being happy and excited and energetic. And/or having fun.

So there we have it. I learned a new verb today.

I googled it.

Turnt: a state of altered consciousness induced by alcohol or narcotics, also being happy and excited and energetic. And/or having fun.

oh lol so that's what it means. i thought turnt was a past tense of turn that i didn't know of.

2014_35_1024x1024.jpg?v=1413473659

From this week's Billboard...

Looks like Guy O. has big plans about how technology and "consumer goods" will play in the marketing of music in the future (including Madonna's new album I'm sure...).

In July, Oseary and Laffitte teamed up to co-manage Alicia Keys, Laffitte is connecting Oseary with radio consultants for the next U2 single, and [Gee] Roberson is consulting on Madonna's next album with Oseary.

Full article:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6288924/maverick-management-group-interview-guy-oseary-larry-rudolph-cortez-bryant-ron-laffitte-adam%20leber-gee-roberson-scott-rodger-clarence-spalding-caron-veazy

Looks like Guy O. has big plans about how technology and "consumer goods" will play in the marketing of music in the future (including Madonna's new album I'm sure...).

Full article:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6288924/maverick-management-group-interview-guy-oseary-larry-rudolph-cortez-bryant-ron-laffitte-adam%20leber-gee-roberson-scott-rodger-clarence-spalding-caron-veaz

it'll be interesting to see what they do w/ Madonna's new record

If she does stadiums in Australia she should hit the road by April. After it is going to get cold down there.

Personally, what I thought until August was that the album was going to come out in November and then the tour would start in Australia in late February or March. It looks almost impossible now to start the tour down under.

April is far too late for a stadium tour of Australia. Even March is too late for a stadium tour in Australia. 100% of stadium tours here have occurred in November, December, January or February. Once summer is over in the southern states, the weather is far too unpredictable to risk staging a concert outdoors.

Full article:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6288924/maverick-management-group-interview-guy-oseary-larry-rudolph-cortez-bryant-ron-laffitte-adam%20leber-gee-roberson-scott-rodger-clarence-spalding-caron-veazy

I will try to observe better Guy's plans with this album, but to be fair with his last projects i find this dude incredibly OVERRATED. The U2 thing has backfired and MDNA''s NTP was a mess.

I googled it.

Adjective :)

In July, Oseary and Laffitte teamed up to co-manage Alicia Keys, Laffitte is connecting Oseary with radio consultants for the next U2 single, and [Gee] Roberson is consulting on Madonna's next album with Oseary.

Full article:

That guy Gee Roberson is good

Clients include Lil Wayne, Nicki Minaj, T.I., G-Eazy and producer/­rapper Hit-Boy. Past-year highlights include world tours by Minaj and Drake; branding ventures with Beats by Dr. Dre (for Minaj and Wayne); lucrative deals with Pepsi and Mountain Dew (for Minaj and Wayne, respectively); Minaj’s “American Idol” stint, her E! TV special and the launch of her Pink Friday fragrance; the arrival of Hit-Boy on Blueprint Records; and building up Wayne’s streetwear line Trukfit. ­

Full article:

Madonna surely has her fingers on this Maverick enterprise. Now imagine how much influence this company will have with such roster of talent? And M is going to get the best treatment since she pretty much raised Guy Oseary. Does anybody know how much of Live Nation she received from her contract?

He sounds very good at branding and marketing.

I've always felt M's success is built on a very old fashioned kind of showmanship, wherein she is the brand, the artist, the star, the selling point. A lot of what strikes me as hollow or unsatisfactory about Guy's management, particularly in recent years, is that M is no longer the product, M is another celebrity hawking another product. Whereas before M's fame was self perpetuating, and people knew her because she was famous, loved her because she was an artist, bought her work because she was a star, this continual investment of it into other ventures feels very insincere and cheap to me.

She really should never do a long tour like MDNA again. She just gets more hostile the longer they go on. Stick with short tours or break them up into two legs six months apart.

I didn't realize MDNA went on for so long? What's the reason it didn't outsell S&S? Less stadiums?

Even though the wait is killing me, I have to admit knowing she's still working in the studio (mainly with Diplo) gives me a lot of hope that this next album is going to kick ass!

Well, long doesn't mean better. Some of her best, biggest hits were written/recorded very quickly. I actually think more time potentially means overthinking, uncertainty, and lack of clear vision/direction. Hope I'm wrong though. She's obviously committed.

To be fair i can't imagine what's that "new venture" they are writing about. I try to imagine another way to promote music in this fuzzy time, and i sincerely pray that it's not another Facebook chat or limited edition mp3 downloads.

It will be VERY VERY interesting to watch Madonna's next campaing! Lots of new things, and if they work it will be GREAT.

Well, long doesn't mean better. Some of her best, biggest hits were written/recorded very quickly. I actually think more time potentially means overthinking, uncertainty, and lack of clear vision/direction. Hope I'm wrong though. She's obviously committed.

It depends. Maybe it means that she was trying things and finally found what she was looking for. So she had to look for other people and start from scratch.

I don't have a real problem against Guy. M, At this point, she's mature enough and aware enough to make her own decision. guy probably only bring few propositions and execute M's idea. She wants something, he is there to make that possible etc.