Um can we talk about how GI2ME was a bonafide hit in Europe

acko

GI2M was very present in the UK when it was released, and it's the most recent Madonna song that I still hear in R&B clubs.

I love the ROL video but not EVERYTHING has to be that.

Although when you really break it down.......ROL Madonna is dancing in front of a blue backdrop and in GI2M she's dancing in front of a white backdrop. The speedy effects were cool in 1998, but ROL vid is just a tad overrated. There are SO many other Madonna videos that deserved all those awards......even Frozen was more deserving.

The thing i like about GITM video is that is pure Madonna dancing, and i love it when she dances. Love the moves and how incredible she looks.

The thing i don't like about GITM video is that it could have been much better, the song is so great, and any other stupid wannabe out there has better videos and this one had so little budget...

The thing i like about GITM video is that is pure Madonna dancing, and i love it when she dances. Love the moves and how incredible she looks.

The thing i don't like about GITM video is that it could have been much better, the song is so great, and any other stupid wannabe out there has better videos and this one had so little budget...

I find it so odd that after Hard Candy did so well and the ridiculous success of 4 Minutes, that there wasn't more of a push from the label to promote. Or maybe she just refused.

GI2M and Miles Away both have such shitty videos that had no budget, who took the money away?

Well I say shitty but I adore the Give it to me video, she looks incredible, it's fun, it fits the song

NO NO NO.

"Ray of Light" IS the best video from that era and it rightfully deserved them awards :yes:

Good grief no! Nothing Really Matters is the best from that era and one of her all time best!

RoL is meh and not even original in its concept.

• 2 months later...

Well there's no use in debating the unfortunate destiny of her second single releases in the u.s.

But I'm always under the impression people consider it 2 be somewhat of a flop...whereas in my

euro-universe the song was EVERYWHERE...u know those damn hit records u hear when u go grocery

shopping & the ones that are even used in tv programs as a score 4 quirky segments in make over shows and the lot...

Austria #10

Belgium #3

Canada #8

Denmark #4

Holland #1

Finland #2

Germany #8

France #5

Italy #3

Hungary #1

Poland #4

Spain #1

Switzerland #4

Turkey #1

UK #7 :americanlife:

EUROPEAN HOT 100 #2

And my mom really likes it...

so there :americanlife:

top-20-madonna-hot-gifs-give-it-2-me-wal

I don't like Pharrell so this gif is everything to me!! Work Bitch!! :yes:

Yeah I remember GI2M playing on the radios..but then again, Finnish radio stations have always loved Madge.

Good song.

Here, on the radio, GI2M is played more often than 4M. Hell, even Celebration ( :inlove: ) is played more often than 4M.

Her second singles seem to be better received in Europe. In a fairer world, GI2M and GGW would be huge worldwide hits.