What's your least favorite Madonna tour?

madgemusic85

I hate to say it, but Drowned World Tour. I hardly ever watch it, and when I do, I skip through most of it. I enjoy Frozen, Sky Fits Heaven, and Music, but that's about it.

Oh... I think I'll never talk to you anymore. :stir:

Best to worst IMO!

1. WTG

2. BA

3. MDNA

4. GS

5. VT

6. CT

7. RiT

8. DWT

9. S&S

S&S I find unbearable - DWT is getting there (has some great moments tho).

Re-Invention hasn't aged well for me.

• 4 weeks later...

They're all great. But the worst is Sticky And Sweet because she fucked around with the versions of the classic songs way too much, mixing them all with other tracks. I remember some audience members saying this afterwards. But I love the opening ( has M ever failed in her opening numbers? Nah!)

I honestly can't think of a tour I haven't enjoyed. I know Who's That Girl is given a hard time but her energy was unreal and I loved most of the songs she did. I guess if I had to choose I would pick Drowned World Tour as my least favorite, purely because some of the outfits were not to my taste lol

Girlie Show.

I always try to watch it and find the love for it, but.. no. It's tacky, raw (like demo version of something) and has the worst ever Vogue performance..

At the time,I remember being completely amazed by it but I would have to say Reinvention Tour.. looking at it now,can't believe how cheap looking it was considering it wasn't even that too long ago,especially the last segment.

I have only seen RIT bootleg (a good one) and the parts that were included on IGTTYAS. I was also surprised how "tamed" the show was in some parts. But RIT has some of the greatest moments when it comes to the music. The last segment is a total dance bliss! The "beast" opening is epic! I'm also so proud of her doing that AL performance.

Recognize some understandable negativity toward RIT, but it was ahead of the time in 2004.

F**ked up the tour never seen a proper DVD release to cement its legacy.

The funny thing is we may not have received an " official " reinvention tour DVD, and yet the Portuguese bootleg is ten times more enjoyable to watch than the "special effects" laden Confessions, s&s and MDNAss dvd's.

From Australia we can only judge by DVD ( bar Girlie :) ) I would say her shitest is S&S only really like You Must Love Me. Resembles a Katy perry / gaga concert for some reason?

Surprised some posts don't like Girlie Show because fans go apeshit over it.

I saw the tour live and tbh it's not one of my favorites, but I get why fans love it!

It's the one I go back to again and again when watching particular performances, this is why I rank it near the top for me. It's just so damn sexy, And I love the mixes on most of the songs.

Yes, I know it isn't as technicially advanced as some of her later shows, but I believe it was supposed to be about sex and sensuality, so stripped down (no pun intended) seems to be intentional, though I do think Christopher could have done even more for the stage. But I love the way she sounds in it.

Oh, and that male dancer she had on tour, one of the hottest of all!

wkXgC63.jpg

Recognize some understandable negativity toward RIT, but it was ahead of the time in 2004.

F**ked up the tour never seen a proper DVD release to cement its legacy.

She also engaged the crowd so much in this one... absolutely amazing feeling in the crowd.

Surprised some posts don't like Girlie Show because fans go apeshit over it.

I saw the tour live and tbh it's not one of my favorites, but I get why fans love it!

I'm surprised to see it as well. I thought it was universally loved by Madonna fans. As for me, it's my least fave because she skipped all the Erotica songs I wanted to see and now we will most likely never see them. I'm talking about Bad Girl, Thief of Hearts, Words, Waiting, and Secret Garden. I felt the same thing about Blond Ambition, skipping a lot of my fave LAP tracks. But that tour was good in spite of skipping the tracks so it can be over-looked. I don't think it can be over-looked for The Girlie Show because those songs would have made the show so much more, in my opinion.

Some were better on tv than live and some were better live than on dvd.

Who's that girl was the blueprint for these kind of shows just like the bad tour, they were very rudimentary, the costumes are ugly reproductions of the videos ones but musically it stands out, Into the groove live in Torino is a jam.

Blond Ambition was my first live concert ever, i don't remember it very well, i have more memories from the Barcelona/Nice broadcast on tv.

I remember Girlie Show because the atmosphere was super tense before she got on stage and when the first notes of Erotica resounded in Bercy and people's reactio, it felt like being at a boxing match, i still remember the adrenaline rush to this day.

Drowned world looks great on tv but live it did not do much for me and she did not interract much with us, she felt very angry.

Reinvention was a good live experience but it sucks on video. Live it was nice because she sang really well. It felt more like a traditional concert than a show. But it did not translate well on camera.

Confessions is the best. The DVD does not make it justice though.

Sticky & sweet : i hated it when i saw it in Nice but the next year i saw it at Bercy and absolutely loved it. The DVD is awful.

MDNA : bought a VP ticket but 2 months before i started developping severe anxiety attacks in crowded spaces, something i never experienced before and for someone who used to go clubbing and to concerts at least twice a week it's heartbreaking. I gave my ticket to a friend who had not seen her since GS because tickets were too expensive. She loved it. What i saw on DVD was great, very different from previous tours as it seems more technical than previous tours.

I will say about the Reinvention Tour, she's never sung Like a Prayer better.And her live take on Mother and Father made appreciate the song more than the album version.I'd imagine Rebel Heart or Joan of Arc getting the same intimate, raw and energetic take on the upcoming tour

From best to worst:

Blond Ambition

MDNA (I see a lot of BA and GS in this show)

Re-Invention

Confessions

Girlie Show

Sticky & Sweet

Drowned World

I didn't rank WTG or Virgin Tour because they were before concerts became theatrical shows and were more of a regular concert. I only ranked the theatrical shows.

Edited by UnapologeticRebel