What's your least favorite Madonna tour?

madgemusic85

Sticky & Sweet , too much Urban themed and bad choice of songs, MDNA for the ridiculous amount of violence and too many dancers.

Drowned World Tour has my least favorite look on her, her make-up is barely there and she looks weird without the eye brows

SS was fun but for a madonna show I preferred other themes aside from party girl/rockchick and one darker segment with frozen.. it wasn't a bad tour by any means but I guess I need some more depth when it comes to M. especially after confessions, RIT, and DWT. the voice on the dvd is horrible too. honestly i'd rather wanted MDNA to be the top grossing tour for a female artist than SS.. i don't think SS shows what she's capable of and I missed some iconic moments. MDNA just had it all. better sound system/less backing tracks and it would've been the most perfect tour ever.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't think I have a least favorite tour. Each one is so different, esp. when you get to BAT and onward. Conceptually, visually, etc. they're such different experiences. I've come to really enjoy what each brings to her body of touring work. There is no other artist that comes close to that.

And as for the first two - TVT and WTGT - I can see why those would get picked... but what I love about those first two tours is that it shows how much Madonna's raw talent, charisma, and stage presence can carry a whole show on its own (even without all the wonderful theatrics). WTG has such a raw energy, a drive, a funkiness to it (and good band)...mixed with a lightness (that I wouldn't mind seeing again)...that just show how much of a real star she really is, and something we rarely see these days in others. As someone said, even in a more traditional concert setting, she is and always has been the greatest live performer the industry has seen. I wish more of the general public out there would see those early tours to be reminded of that.

Not unlike the Re-GURGI... sorry, INVENTION Tour, DEAR. Except for the magnificent opening act of course. Oh and the "Bedtime Story" video.

At least one of the sections WAS brilliant, unlike that other tour that shall not be named, that you have the AUDACITY to place above RIT, DARLING.

At least one of the sections WAS brilliant, unlike that other tour that shall not be named, that you have the AUDACITY to place above RIT, DARLING.

DON'T

Pretend you're NOT HUNGRY

There's PLENTY to EAT

*WHACK* *WHACK*

COME ON into my STORE

Cause my SUGAR is SWEET

:wow:

I missed S&S and was gutted cause I love Hard Candy. :lmao::shy:

Remember that shitty Radio 1 big weekend performance from MAIDSTONE? Imagine that (SAME routines and everything!) for nearly TWO HOURS.

Yes it was THAT BAD.

• 1 month later...

RIT is the worst, although I liked the setlist.

Why are people picking Who's that Girl?? For the time, it was a phenomenal concert and she had total command of that stage and did those songs flawlessly! The technology we have today to enhance the concert experience simply didnt exist back then.

From best to worst

1.Confessions

2.BAT

3.MDNA

4.DWT

5.TGS

6.RIT

7.The Virgin Tour

8.S&S

9.WTG

My least favorite is the unconscious tour because it never happened and I still want take a bow live (yes I'm hopeless)

I remember seeing the who's that girl tour only on video cassette when ciao italia was released and she sounded terrible in that tour. But I would say my least favorite tour has to be reinvention because although there are some great moments there were also the boring moments where it seemed she tried to play the serious persona a bit too much and forgot that as an entertainer most people like to see her have fun on stage and dance and get a party going.

• 2 weeks later...

WTG was the first tour we got to see her 'new' physique .. it made headlines, I remember. sensational muscled back and arms!! AND she danced her ass off. it must have been her most sweaty tour. I have great memories of that tour, having watched it millions of times. #2 Lucky star is terrific, cause its just her singing and dancing. it was raw and real. and even a bit amateurish..somehow. She then was a bigger saint than the pope in Italy at that time. During the broadcast of her last WTA show in italy restaurants were closing...

I thing BAT became the gold standard of tours. cause it had it all. including film.

Her later tours are great too. but possibly it enhances w/too much video/audio, using electronics for backdrops but also voice etc. its that 'real and visceral' feeling you hardly ever get to see, except possibly during virgin/love spent [MdnA tour]. And I think confessions is the tour that is most univerally liked by all kinds of audiences.

so nothing least favourite I m affraid.

well maybe S&S, - the keep running from divorce- tour. [except devil/shes not me...]

MDNA. It has some of the best choreography, costumes and staging of her career, no doubt, but it's overshadowed by some of the worst live renditions she's ever done. Only time I've ever really been disappointed in one of the queen's live shows.

I was very disappointed with Vogue. The costume was great....... but that was it. I would have preferred Some Girls, as originally intended.

I hate to say it, but Drowned World Tour. I hardly ever watch it, and when I do, I skip through most of it. I enjoy Frozen, Sky Fits Heaven, and Music, but that's about it.

her brother was also very negative on DWT.

I gues also biased, but he was sort of right, it was dark and moody.. it was the start of backdrops and big screens everywhere. she hadnt been performing in 8 yrs (on a tour)

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think that I judge tours which are "before my time" as a fan, so I'll limit my opinion to the tours DWT and beyond. My least favorite is ReInvention. Apart from a few inspired moments, I think it looks cheap and tacky.