New album thread - 12-disc "song cycle" opus rumour gains momentum

ryan

I don't care what the lyrics are.

I Don't have to like a song based on it's lyrical content. She could sing about the tidy bitsy spider for all I care. She doesn't have to do something so serious and introspective. She's done that before and doesn't need to repeat herself.

Hey Mr. DJ put a record on I wanna dance with my baby

And when the music starts

I never wanna stop, it's gonna drive me crazy

I like to singy singy singy

Like a bird on a wingy wingy wingy

I like to rhumba rhumba rhumba

Dance to a samba samba samba

Ring ring ring goes the telephone

The lights are on but there's no-one home

Tick tick tock it's a quarter to two

And I'm done

I'm hanging up on you

All very good Madonna songs and not the deepest lyrics ever!!!!!!! Madonna can right good deep/dark song and still make good fun/joyful lyrics!!!! Are you guys like the same Madonna than me.... damn!!! If you don't want to support the Queen and her choice just go please! I'm never afraid of what Madonna do!!! When I will listen to the song (because all of you obviously heard all of the songs too judge like that) If I don't like it, I,ll just skip the song and focus on the one I love on the album..... Not complaining all the time like a lot of you.

What a fantastic post from a newbie!!!

This is how Madonna has always been, and she is never gonna change. If you don't like it, then why are you here?

IDGA is a good song and one of the highlights from MDNA. Nicki featured on a Diplo production could make up for the not so great GMAYL feature.

Madonna also doesn't repeat herself so it seems odd.

Maybe Madonna needs Nicki's butt in her new video? :ass:

I feel kinda the same. For the first time t beeing a fan for more than 20 years, I'm scared a bit. I will not be able to enjoy tracks like Bitch, I'm Madonna or Unapologetic Bitch. I really hope more tracks like Veni Vidi Vici or Messiah or Living For Love will be chosen for the final tracklist.

How do you have any idea as to which songs you're going to like? "Bitch, I'm Madonna" could be mostly about the heavy, weird, and unique production choices on M and Diplo's part.

If you took the lyrics to Hung Up and posted them today as lyrics for the new album people would be freaking out. The themes can easily be silly or fun as long as the music is strong.

Knowing that one of the bitch tracks is most likely the craziest track Diplo could produce with M, who wouldn't be excited to hear that?

I don't care what the lyrics are.

I Don't have to like a song based on it's lyrical content. She could sing about the tidy bitsy spider for all I care. She doesn't have to do something so serious and introspective. She's done that before and doesn't need to repeat herself.

AMEN!!! I'm with you 100%

People are talking like they are shock that Madonna can do a song with Bitch in it..... Like are you 80 years old everybody?? Bitch I'm Madonna and or unapologetic bitch sound totally like Madonna!! For people who say 'Acting her age' or 'immature"..... Seriously! We are not talking about queen Elizabeth II, we're talking about Madonna!!! The girl who give us a masturbation on stage around the world! Who wore a "naked" bra from JPG, who made a orgy on stage, who made a sex book with her finger in her pu*sy and more! The girls who flash her nipples on stage at 54 yrs old and take off her pants to show her ass each night! She made a blow job to a wine bottle and now to a coke bottle haha no *****ng surprise on that!!

When she do something like that, first I'm not shock!! And Second, I freaking love it!!! The girl can do a song call 123 or wal-mart and still sales millions so people know nothing about album sales! She hold the record on sales so she knows what she do better than all of us! She can put bitch on each songs if she wants, wear grillz all the time just because Bitch, she's Madonna!!

And bitch is not always with sex, it can be political, american life! Papa don't preach etc. When she dedicaded like a virgin to the pope. Etc. Sing on a cross, shooting guys on stage, sing born this way!! All that fearless attitude that I LOV about M and the main reason why I love her!! And there's not teen who act like that Im sorry..

You guys talk like Celine Dion would release a single call unapologetic bitch. I would be freaking surprise if so but from Madonna not a all!!

Edited by YannBouch

Hey Mr. DJ put a record on I wanna dance with my baby

And when the music starts

I never wanna stop, it's gonna drive me crazy

I like to singy singy singy

Like a bird on a wingy wingy wingy

I like to rhumba rhumba rhumba

Dance to a samba samba samba

Ring ring ring goes the telephone

The lights are on but there's no-one home

Tick tick tock it's a quarter to two

And I'm done

I'm hanging up on you

All very good Madonna songs and not the deepest lyrics ever!!!!!!! Madonna can right good deep/dark song and still make good fun/joyful lyrics!!!! Are you guys like the same Madonna than me.... damn!!! If you don't want to support the Queen and her choice just go please! I'm never afraid of what Madonna do!!! When I will listen to the song (because all of you obviously heard all of the songs too judge like that) If I don't like it, I,ll just skip the song and focus on the one I love on the album..... Not complaining all the time like a lot of you.

I agree with this....Music always comes to mind when I think of simple/fun Madonna. The difference for me is, Music is timeless, classic, a summation of dance Madonna.... it is literally about MUSIC and is relevant to all races, ages, and cultures . With the new stuff, it isn't t the fun and simplicity that feel off....it is the content and theme that just seems a bit immature . I just can't help but find the whole "bitch this and that/party hard/stay out all night" thing a bit cringe-worthy. The self-references of a mature woman as a party girl staying out all night, drinking too much and comparing her sexuality and body to candy and car parts that makes it feel a bit out of place for me.

Still, with over 40 songs to work with, I trust that she will deliver a fine balance of fun and meaning.

I love how people just assume your social life dies post 40. As if the thought of a 50 some odd year old woman enjoying partying, smoking (meaning weed), and drinking as a shock to the core.

People party, get trashed, and have sex at all ages. Lets stop with this ageist societal crap

I agree with this....Music always comes to mind when I think of simple/fun Madonna. The difference for me is, Music is timeless, classic, a summation of dance Madonna.... it is literally about MUSIC and is relevant to all races, ages, and cultures . With the new stuff, it isn't t the fun and simplicity that feel off....it is the content and theme that just seems a bit immature . I just can't help but find the whole "bitch this and that/party hard/stay out all night" thing a bit cringe-worthy. The self-references of a mature woman as a party girl staying out all night, drinking too much and comparing her sexuality and body to candy and car parts that makes it feel a bit out of place for me.

Still, with over 40 songs to work with, I trust that she will deliver a fine balance of fun and meaning.

Yeah but M is a big party animal!!!! why not make a song about it!! I don't want to cry all winter because she made song about cancer and peace in the world!! I want to dance and have fun!!! no...?

I love how people just assume your social life dies post 40. As if the thought of a 50 some odd year old woman enjoying partying, smoking (meaning weed), and drinking as a shock to the core.

People party, get trashed, and have sex at all ages. Lets stop with this ageist societal crap

madonna-nip-o.gif

You are soo right!! Madonna never did like everybody else, she'll not gonna start now! and I don't want to... we don't want a boring Madonna!

Let's hear it from The Queen herself

Edited by _Gark

I don't think anyone said that she can't do these things....but the repeated themes about it in her music just come across as if she is trying to appeal to an audience far younger than her core fan base. Perhaps she sees it differently, but to me, and to many fans, it just seems like she is trying to tag along in what is current instead of forging her own way as she used to. I think in the end we all learn to just accept what our favorite artists give us unconditionally, that is what separates hardcore die-hards from casual fans. It is their work, their journey, their path in life. We cannot decide or dictate what they should do or release and should just enjoy what is served and be grateful for it. I guess I just feel a bit twisted around as I felt there was always a maturing social/spiritual/cultural message in her work....but then ever since Hard Candy, it feels as if she has gone off on another path completely. I will stand by my word and enjoy whatever she delivers, but as a fan, I do sometimes miss the pre-HC Madonna.

I don't think anyone said that she can't do these things....but the repeated themes about it in her music just come across as if she is trying to appeal to an audience far younger than her core fan base. Perhaps she sees it differently, but to me, and to many fans, it just seems like she is trying to tag along in what is current instead of forging her own way as she used to. I think in the end we all learn to just accept what our favorite artists give us unconditionally, that is what separates hardcore die-hards from casual fans. It is their work, their journey, their path in life. We cannot decide or dictate what they should do or release and should just enjoy what is served and be grateful for it. I guess I just feel a bit twisted around as I felt there was always a maturing social/spiritual/cultural message in her work....but then ever since Hard Candy, it feels as if she has gone off on another path completely. I will stand by my word and enjoy whatever she delivers, but as a fan, I do sometimes miss the pre-HC Madonna.

But she doesn't need to "forge her own way" anymore. She has done everything and I'm pretty sure now she only make song in the genre she listen to and really talk about what ever she wants to!!

Well, I could continue to fight about it. But at least there will be more music for me to love.

Yeah let's us focus on the positive! Sorry I can be emotional with Madonna haha

I'm happy about Avicii

I'm happy about Diplo

I'm happy about all the others (there's too many)

I'm happy of her IG account

I can't wait to listen to new stuff

I can't wait to see all the visual

I hope she'll do a few awards show. Because I like to watch performances others than the tour.

And I don't care of any duet at all!!!

Thank you

madonna_dealwithit.gif

well if you're not happy since HC, maybe it's time for you to move on?

Barbra has a new album out! Give it a try!

Personally if rather hear Madonna sing about her life experiences rather than a pool party. She's done a lot of fun songs/albums over the years which I love. But, I want to hear her perspective on serious matters. It's what I want this time around. So I agree with you. She can be in her 50's and having a blast but I'd personally rather see her show us a point of view.

But she doesn't need to "forge her own way" anymore. She has done everything and I'm pretty sure now she only make song in the genre she listen to and really talk about what ever she wants to!!

I feel you.....I just wish she WOULD bring about something new...some new sound/new direction. It is just a simple fan gripe, I still adore her and will love the new album, play it out when its released and most likely spend thousands on the next tour screaming at her feet like an idiot (as I did with MDNA, but thanks to the Golden Triangle, that made being at her feet A LOT less abusive to the savings account than previous tours...lol). In the end, I am just happy that she is still serving up new material.

That being said, TO ME, all the "bitch/werk" lingo just comes across like the mom from Mean Girls:

tumblr_mn8cfyqlpl1rvkb0to1_500.gif?w=500

tumblr_lqtzdoz7xk1r2ympko1_500.gif?w=520

15Uqr.jpg

well if you're not happy since HC, maybe it's time for you to move on?

Barbra has a new album out! Give it a try!

I think that's a bit unfair. If you think that Madonna has got our attention, and kept it for 30 years simply by only singing about having fun then I'd have to disagree. I'm sure we all love her fun side, but I think some of us would rather she change it up this album and give us something to think about rather than dance to. And what's wrong with wanting that?

AMEN!!! I'm with you 100%

People are talking like they are shock that Madonna can do a song with Bitch in it..... Like are you 80 years old everybody?? Bitch I'm Madonna and or unapologetic bitch sound totally like Madonna!! For people who say 'Acting her age' or 'immature"..... Seriously! We are not talking about queen Elizabeth II, we're talking about Madonna!!! The girl who give us a masturbation on stage around the world! Who wore a "naked" bra from JPG, who made a orgy on stage, who made a sex book with her finger in her pu*sy and more! The girls who flash her nipples on stage at 54 yrs old and take off her pants to show her ass each night! She made a blow job to a wine bottle and now to a coke bottle haha no *****ng surprise on that!!

When she do something like that, first I'm not shock!! And Second, I freaking love it!!! The girl can do a song call 123 or wal-mart and still sales millions so people know nothing about album sales! She hold the record on sales so she knows what she do better than all of us! She can put bitch on each songs if she wants, wear grillz all the time just because Bitch, she's Madonna!!

And bitch is not always with sex, it can be political, american life! Papa don't preach etc. When she dedicaded like a virgin to the pope. Etc. Sing on a cross, shooting guys on stage, sing born this way!! All that fearless attitude that I LOV about M and the main reason why I love her!! And there's not teen who act like that Im sorry..

You guys talk like Celine Dion would release a single call unapologetic bitch. I would be freaking surprise if so but from Madonna not a all!!

Brilliant!

I think that's a bit unfair. If you think that Madonna has got our attention, and kept it for 30 years simply by only singing about having fun then I'd have to disagree. I'm sure we all love her fun side, but I think some of us would rather she change it up this album and give us something to think about rather than dance to. And what's wrong with wanting that?

Thanks Stevo208, that's ALL I am saying. I never said that I "wasn't happy"....quite the contrary really. I was just stating what my fan-pallet was craving, but will readily and happily consume whatever M serves us.

MDNA is full of such songs stfu already

Edited by _Gark

that's not the question.

The question is you're complaining before the album is out. No one here has heard anything and you're already complaining? For Christ sake we don't even know which song will be on the album !!!!!!!

I get what you're saying but people have been saying this for a long time about Madonna. They said she was desperate when she flirted with Ricky Martin, when she kissed Britney and Christina, when she rapped on American Life.

One of her strongest points as an artist is that she has been a trend setter but she has also always kept up with the times. She keeps the public's interest because she brings new sounds or current unknown sounds to the forefront and stays relevant in the pop culture sphere. She also knows the automatic handicap she has because of her age. I don't see her reaching out to younger artists as being desperate but as being a smart business move.