David Fincher "Madonna is very crafty"

justinian

PLAYBOY: You directed some of Madonna’s most stylish videos, such as “Vogue” and “Bad Girl,” the latter depicting the singer as a film noir femme fatale who gets strangled with panty hose. Why do you think that Madonna never translated to the big screen?

FINCHER: Madonna is very crafty. She’s street-smart. The video directors who did the best work with her—romantic, amazing stuff like what Jean-Baptiste Mondino did—were the ones she allowed to take risks and the ones who made videos she would throw herself into. I made commercials to make money, but I did music videos as a kind of film school. I learned that the way to be with Madonna was to follow her impetus, because the artist in a music video is not only the star but also the studio. I could say to Madonna, “I need you to do it again. I need you to stop blinking. I need you to get your fucking chin down. And I need you to be better.” Whether it was Madonna, Brad Pitt or Ben Affleck, I’m well aware that the work got financed because of them. But they needed to know I had to get them off their mark, get them to a place where it might get warm, because there might be friction.

http://www.playboy.com/articles/playboy-interview-david-fincher

^^^ haha, that's Google Images for ya!

Fincher's upcoming projects sound :dramatic:

"This TV show I’m doing about music videos in the 1980s and the crew members who worked on them, or this other show, a Sunset Boulevard set in the world of soaps"

Love David's work and his collaborations with Madonna of course. Anyone who's anyone in the business and who happened to work with Madonna at some point or another has always only praise for her talent, vision, rigorous professionalism and what she brings to the table. Loving it :thumbsup:

I'll need to study her eyes next time I watch that ish.

Speaking of...Next...

"He's REALLY doing it....

*blink blink blink*

...He's LEAVING meee"

*blink blink*

I'm cowering beneath a flower pot...

God I hate that scene (AND MOVIE) so much :rotfl:

MOOOMMMYYYYYYYYY... What's a FAAAAAGGG????

*blink blink*

Let's have TEA AND TOAST DAHHHHHHLING

MOOOMMMYYYYYYYYY... What's a FAAAAAGGG????

*blink blink*

Let's have TEA AND TOAST DAHHHHHHLING

CUT !!!

It's easy to see old Schlesinger was on his way out, nay, KILLED OFF by this movie (according to his family)

I have always thought Madonna's blinking and looking up at the roof was a sign of her being nervous. It sounds crazy to suggest Madonna is nervous, but often she looks terrified and has admitted to shaking with nerves.

I don't think so. It's only natural, she's human after all. Just look at her amazing 1991 Oscars performance, she seem so much in control yet at some point you can see her hand shaking. She's afraid of failure, nothing wrong with that. I actually like seeing this side of her :)

I don't think so. It's only natural, she's human after all. Just look at her amazing 1991 Oscars performance, she seem so much in control yet at some point you can see her hand shaking. She's afraid of failure, nothing wrong with that. I actually like seeing this side of her :)

I understand her nerves that night, she was performing in an auditorium of people that didn't respect her one bit, but she nailed it!

Even the mighty Barbra Striesand looked inpressed!

Bitch, please.

Purely in terms of the "oscars" she really is Hollywood royality.....

Madonna absolutley killed it that night, even babs has backed out of Oscar performances and it's much more her world than Madonnas.

Didn't his family basically say that Madonna killed him because she was so demanding on set? That was really unnecessary.

Surprisingly, they were ok about Madonna from what I remember. It's that old queen Rupert they accused of KILLING HIM :rotfl: