New album thread: Madonna thug gangsta rap album

Madonna's caring about the state of the world and sexual freedom are very connected. The countries that she is very outspoken against like Russia deny rights to people to exercise their sexual freedom based on their sexual orientation. So that statement really makes no sense to me. Madonna's promotion sexual freedom has always been about women and gay/bisexual having equal rights to express themselves sexually, not just about everyone being able to have as much sex whenever they want to and sleeping with everyone they see.

Completly agree but I never said she "doesn't" care about sexual freedom anymore....just that she has other things in her agenda...

And it was the sexual freedom I don't think Micheal Jackson understood, as it wasn't what he wanted to represent in his music, I honestly think if he had lived him and Madonna would of been better friends today than they ever "was" 20years ago.

Guest CzarnaWisnia

To be fair we don't know anything about the first single other than the fact Dildo confirmed it's done. It doesn't make for a very fruitful conversation (yet).

To change the subject from MJ.

People keep saying Dj. Switch is on the record but that's not what Diplo said in the interview yesterday. He made it seem like he and Switch hadn't spoken much up until recently and that they were working together on new Lazer stuff and maybe a collab with Ellie Goulding.

Unless Diplo said before that he would be featured, then I think people are confusing it with what he was saying about working with him on the above ^^ than working on Madge13.

What on earth? Have you been asleep? Not only does so much of the work M has done over the last few years about gender equality in the middle east and malawi, and the work in Russia for women and lgbt peoples hinge largely on sexual equality and freedom, but so much of M's musical and cultural output, all the way back to those iconic pirrouettes in the Hung Up video has been largely about her sexual freedom as a woman of her age. Where in the eighties and nineties M was able to bring her sexual struggles as a woman into play with racial and lgbt issues, her struggle now at her age is, I think, more groundbreaking, and hence she receives so much more backlash. the playful aggression inherent across the Hard Candy promo, the photo shoots, the songs (Heartbeat, Dance 2Night, Give It 2 Me), the videos (hello, 4 Minutes, where she played as a sexual and power equal to Justin) is all so about the criticism she received for Confessions and the leotards that she was past it.

And none of that is to mention the utter magnificence of MDNA. From the glorious feminine dominance of her 'army' at the super bowl, to the backup dancers in GGW, it's all positing her as a powerful, fierce, mature, fun, sexual force. What the fuck do you think the MDNA tour is about?; the Masc/Fem section, wherein M begins by relishing her own body (Justify), only to turn on those watching her? After asserting her power as an icon, with Vogue, she then proceeded to do so as a woman with Candy Shop/Erotica, and then most importantly as a human with Human Nature, before revealing intimate, heartbroken, emotionally and physically naked sides of herself with Like a Virgin.

So kindly fuck off and reassess the last fucking 8 years of Madonna's career before coming back and polluting the new album thread with bullshit

Madonna was doing all of that 20years ago MINUS the Malawi involvement, her world peace statements in her concerts ect.

I was "merely" pointing out that her attitudes in her music isn't "just" about sexual freedom anymore and he is exploring different avenues aswell.

That is all.

So I won't "kindly fuck off", but I will say that I'm unapologetic ;)

People keep saying Dj. Switch is on the record but that's not what Diplo said in the interview yesterday. He made it seem like he and Switch hadn't spoken much up until recently and that they were working together on new Lazer stuff and maybe a collab with Ellie Goulding.

Unless Diplo said before that he would be featured, then I think people are confusing it with what he was saying about working with him on the above ^^ than working on Madge13.

YES! thank u.

a thread where every move madonna makes is then twisted into fantasy and then debated, lol. loves it!

mmmm...please...someone clarify that....what exactly diplo said? so many voices so much confusion....

Guest Rachelle of London

To be fair we don't know anything about the first single other than the fact Dildo confirmed it's done. It doesn't make for a very fruitful conversation (yet).

Dildo :lmao:

Yes, that's what I thought he said too. It was a little hard to understand because of the problem with the phone line so perhaps that explains the confusion.

So do we know more about the input from Switch? Diplo and Switch parted ways back in 2011 already so I'm surprised that Diplo even mentioned him in his last interview. I always thought they had a fallout since Diplo dated MIA back in the day and Switch continued to produce music for MIA (most recently on her last album). He is mainly responsible for the sick beats on most MIA tracks and I love the fact that he can produce some really mental and experimental music but can also surprise with mellow house beats on his remix works.

On the other hand, Madonna never mentioned mentioned or tagged him, so I guess he is just helping with some final production (IF he is involved at all). OR he is taking Danja's role since he was the mastermind behind most of Timbaland's production but Timba got all the credit.

Edit: Nevermind, just read the posts above. Seems like he is not involved.

mmmm...please...someone clarify that....what exactly diplo said? so many voices so much confusion....

Yes, that's what I thought he said too. It was a little hard to understand because of the problem with the phone line so perhaps that explains the confusion.

To me, when I listened to it multiple times over and over again last night (obsessive I know), it seemed to me that he was asked about switch from Zane

Who also mentioned they hadn't collaborated in awhile, and Diplo responded that yes indeed they were working on new Lazer stuff together and an Ellie Goulding track. He then went on to praise Switch's vocal mixing whilst under the topic of the Ellie collab. So, I think people thought when Diplo said "she" he was referring to Madonna when in fact he was referring to Ellie.

Guest Rachelle of London

But if they had a fallout why did he mention him in the interview? A bit random.

And Danja has only been working with Timba for the past 8 years. Timbas heyday was in the 90s. Danja is good at fusing pop and rnb but I prefer timbas grittier beats. Wish m utilised that more on HC

Guest Rachelle of London

To me, when I listened to it multiple times over and over again last night (obsessive I know), it seemed to me that he was asked about switch from Zane

Who also mentioned they hadn't collaborated in awhile, and Diplo responded that yes indeed they were working on new Lazer stuff together and an Ellie Goulding track. He then went on to praise Switch's vocal mixing whilst under the topic of the Ellie collab. So, I think people thought when Diplo said "she" he was referring to Madonna when in fact he was referring to Ellie.

Ohhhhhh thanks. I defo was. I only listened to it once live and was trying to type what he said on here.

Surely they didn't wrap up this song (interestingly already chosen as first single) last week to just sit on it for 6 months? I feel a release in me waters.

That's what I found very odd!

If he had said they had finished a "song" but he didn't.....he clearly said they finished "the first single".....For me, that could go 2ways,

They finished it because they plan a release this year....

Or the album is wrapping up and they've just decided earlier on what the first single is, rather than deciding from a complete album.

Ohhhhhh thanks. I defo was. I only listened to it once live and was trying to type what he said on here.

It was hard to hear him at all over that phone connection tbh

Madonnnarama posted the interview and I think it's interesting this retrospective song includes BOTH media stories and lyrics from previous eras:

I never expected to accomplish a lot with her. I just felt like we were gonna meet, try some things out. I heard she’s very difficult to work with from a lot of different producers.

We had a really good chemistry in the studio. She was interested in what I was doing. We have a couple of records that were very much… one actually could have been a Jack U record. The beat started like that.. really crazy.

We did a bunch of stuff.

I think that she’s gonna take about five or six of the songs we did. We wrapped up the first single last week in New York, so I’m just fine-tuning that mix.

She’s a legend.

We had one song that’s kind of a retrospective record, with lyrics from her career and news reports from her [from the last 30 years.]

I’m excited about that project!

It’s cool to have someone like her to have some faith in

http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2014/09/15/diplo-madonnas-next-single-is-ready/

What lyrics will there be? Controversial songs like Like a Prayer, Justify, Erotica, maybe lyrics from Human Nature? I am really excited about this track. She has never done something like this

But if they had a fallout why did he mention him in the interview? A bit random.

And Danja has only been working with Timba for the past 8 years. Timbas heyday was in the 90s. Danja is good at fusing pop and rnb but I prefer timbas grittier beats. Wish m utilised that more on HC

I know that it's random, that's why I was hoping someone would know more about it.

Anyway, don't wanna go too off topic here with Danja but I think he helped significantly on both Furtado's and Timberlake's albums in 2006 when the 'new' and more electronic orientated Timbaland sound was introduced. Madonna never mentioned Danja either but he worked on 4 Hard Candy songs. I hoped we could see a similar situation here with Diplo/Switch because I don't really like Diplo's solo work or what he is doing with Skrillex now. We will see.

I just can't see Madonna rushing to finish an album then sitting on it for months. Hmmm

Well Madonna needs at least 2months to compete the "creative" aspects anyways, music video, artwork ect.

Then there's the time it takes to set up promo, magazine, TV spots and an album campaign ect.

So that takes 2months and we don't know for a fact the album is actually finished yet.

So even if she starts the "creative" in November....it STILL puts the album next year.

It's already almost October.

It was hard to hear him at all over that phone connection tbh

Madonnnarama posted the interview and I think it's interesting this retrospective song includes BOTH media stories and lyrics from previous eras:

http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2014/09/15/diplo-madonnas-next-single-is-ready/

What lyrics will there be? Controversial songs like Like a Prayer, Justify, Erotica, maybe lyrics from Human Nature? I am really excited about this track. She has never done something like this

I'm pretty sure he said lyrics ABOUT her career, not from. Hence them looking for archival news reports etc

Wow, when you look at the gallery like that (even though some of their choices are stupid)…Madonna has really shared A LOT with us this year. And yet we argue and moan….I am happy that we have been part of the recording process of this album even though it's going to be VERY interesting to see what or who will actually be part of the album.

I'm pretty sure he said lyrics ABOUT her career, not from. Hence them looking for archival news reports etc

Hmm Interesting, I need to re-listen to it after work but the rama post made it seem like he said "with lyrics from her career and news reports from her [from the last 30 years.]"

Either way I am excited to hear this track lol

Hmm Interesting, I need to re-listen to it after work but the rama post made it seem like he said "with lyrics from her career and news reports from her [from the last 30 years.]"

Either way I am excited to hear this track lol

Well, I re-listened before posting, he definitely says "kind of a retrospective record with lyrics about her career, also I sampled some vocals from, like, news reports from her ..."

But regardless, it does sound pretty cool.

I would have to listen to it again also, but I don't remember him saying anything about lyrics from her career. I thought he said press and media reports about her career. Don't quote me on that though.

But I want to hear it. I know Madonna likes to keep it in the present and moving forward, but I think it's great she's doing a track that sums up her whole career. She's a legend because of everything she's done throughout the years. We all have grown up listening to her music and experienced so many things and her music has gotten us through both good and bad times in our lives.