New album thread: Madonna thug gangsta rap album

Well no one has been dangling any demos above us, like with Masterpiece and Gimme. All the fansites with their descriptions is nothing new, they've been doing that for years.

So I really don't think anything new hs gonna leak.

Wow at that interview! Well this must be the highest form of praise coming from him, that's the eternal power of Madonna for you.

And all of this must result in bringing her back to Radio 1 even, which should be a good thing. Exciting times ahead, I am loving every minute of this build up.

Hopefully we will get the single this year if it's basically finished now. Also exciting that it's going to be a Diplo track. He went from having 3-4 songs on the record in the Billboard article to now having 5-6.

I love that it was Madonna's work ethic (no surprise) that garnered his approval. She's a badass, exciting times!

Why is it impossible for an album to come out in January or February? We always think March...

Because sales are at there all time low in those months after Christmas.

I seriously think a single will drop WAY before March though.

Yeah I actually don't think she cares. She'll probably drop a single in mid-late January and then release the album in March giving her time for a bit of NTP and 4-5 months tour rehearsal.

Yeah this was actually exciting to hear. I say another excruciating 4-6 weeks before we hear something official from Madonna herself.

I can't wait until she reveals something, but now we know that the album is getting finished at least.

I can't wait until she reveals something, but now we know that the album is getting finished at least.

Yeah, I mean she could totally announce the single date sometime in November for like January or something and than pre-orders for the album in Late February-March.

Why can't she release a single this year and the second three months later to coincide with the album? Other artists do this all the time.

Times are changing...

She already (kinda) did it before MDNA was released too

COMPLETELY AGREE!

It's called promotion and hype!

Madonna almost got it when se put out 2singles ahead of MDNA....but by dropping a song November/December this year, it would seriously wet the critics and publics appetite, and everyone would know she's back with a new album AND tour round the corner!

MDNA lacked hype. That's exactly what she needs right now ahead of the albums release.

If the "first single" is finished, why wait another 3-4 months to drop it.

Guest Rachelle of London

And am I reading that correctly.? Switch is mixing the album? Has he ever mixed an album

Before? Or is he remixing?

If I recall I diplo said that switch is one of the best vocal mixers out there. And he said m wanted to work with him and switch so fingers crossed

where can i hear the interview?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04gz8bl Around the 1 hour 5 minute mark. There is a problem with the phone line so it's a little hard to hear, but it sounds like he said they were doing a pop/rasta like sound.

Diplo sounds like a really cool guy. He sounds very down to earth, professional and focused much like Madonna so I can see how they would get along well.

It's too late for the album this year, it needs setting up properly....and the creative process needs to be completed so yes, a March release seems logical....

That doesn't mean we can't have te first single November/December if it's been finished last week then that sounds like it's ready to go....

It would be AMAZING promo, dropping a teaser of the album this year rather than waiting until next will get everybody hot for the album....escpecially if it's a hit!!!

Why can't she release a single this year and the second three months later to coincide with the album? Other artists do this all the time.

Times are changing...

She already (kinda) did it before MDNA was released too

Yes, times are changing and anything is possible. HOWEVER, as I mentioned previously, it's rare for new singles to drop at the end of the year, particularly when the album is likely to drop a few months later. It's one thing to be Chris Brown, dropping a new track at the end of 2013 and dropping four more singles before the album actually comes out in September 2014. This is more typical with artists who get play on R&B radio, which doesn't switch over to holiday music. But Madonna's album is likely to have a firm spring release date, and it makes more sense marketing wise to wait until the new year. Not only will the market be inundated with big Q4 releases, but AC radio (which is really her biggest radio format in the US) will be playing Christmas music from Thanksgiving until New Year's, which is just promo suicide. The single will be lost and forgotten. (This was one of the biggest mistakes with the "Jump" release, which was generating momentum and then lost it all when they switched to Xmas music, and then it was dead come January, but I digress...) Yes, she could release a second single before the album drops, and I hope she does, but there's enough time in 2015 to do that, since the album will NOT be released in Jan/Feb. It doesn't matter if Madonna cares or not. Interscope might as well just take money out back and light it on fire if they release it during Q1. I think April is the month.

If she were smart she would drop it in January. Let's face it album sales are pretty much shit all year round aside from X-mas period and the odd holiday. No artist is selling multi platinum, no one will be selling platinum shortly. Might as well go for the number 1 album chart and stay there for a month because of no competition! She makes her money from touring anyhow. Who cares she will sell 200,000 instead of 400,000 at least she would be 1 for 5 weeks which would upset a lot of other singing whores.