New album thread: Madonna thug gangsta rap album

Anyone know this DJ?

He just posted this with Madonna

http://instagram.com/p/s2ElN_tLB9/

Never heard of him before, but he has close to 32,000 followers on FB and he is definitely working on something in the same studio as Madonna and Diplo.

What on earth are you on about?

Madonna wears tooth jewellery it's front page news. Madonna is seen on a British airways flight and is trending all over the world. Madonna goes to her kaballah centre in black trousers with tears on the bottom and that is the main article on every media outlet. How on earth can Gaga and Mariah be more visible than her? Two artists that would give up their left arm to have a quarter of the media exposure Madonna gets.

Sigh

Yeah but she's not selling gold teeth. You want them to hear the music.

Madonna was spoiled for many years, she hardly had to bother with much promotion whereas other recording artists were out there slave-pimping their asses off to every magazine, talk show, and interview. She could release something and the release in itself garnered attention. These days (and for at least a decade) her presence in the mainstream entertainment market (at least in the US) has been relatively quiet. For most people, their knowledge of Madonna for the past decade has consisted of adoptions, plastic surgery and other various tabloid bullshit. The MDNA album proved that Madonna's name now only sells to her core fan base, after that, its a free fall into pop culture obscurity. At age 56, with 30+ years under her belt, she is still leagues ahead of most, but she has to realize, care and understand that the days of media domination are long over and if she wants to be seen and heard above the mass roar of social media and instant fame whores, she will have to use her star power to do so. Anyone can garner mass attention with the likes of Twitter and Instagram, but not everyone can book appearances on every major talk talk show, etc around the globe. A solid, standout hit and her care and effort into the promotion and Madonna can certainly drum herself up another smash hit.

Madonna was spoiled for many years, she hardly had to bother with much promotion whereas other recording artists were out there slave-pimping their asses off to every magazine, talk show, and interview. She could release something and the release in itself garnered attention. These days (and for at least a decade) her presence in the mainstream entertainment market (at least in the US) has been relatively quiet. For most people, their knowledge of Madonna for the past decade has consisted of adoptions, plastic surgery and other various tabloid bullshit. The MDNA album proved that Madonna's name now only sells to her core fan base, after that, its a free fall into pop culture obscurity. At age 56, with 30+ years under her belt, she is still leagues ahead of most, but she has to realize, care and understand that the days of media domination are long over and if she wants to be seen and heard above the mass roar of social media and instant fame whores, she will have to use her star power to do so. Anyone can garner mass attention with the likes of Twitter and Instagram, but not everyone can book appearances on every major talk talk show, etc around the globe. A solid, standout hit and her care and effort into the promotion and Madonna can certainly drum herself up another smash hit.

Great post!

Im excited for this new album AND the new era because I think she really has a lot of passion for what she's doing and it seems she has a lot to say. I think a better Madonna exposure is on its way :)

Edited by AcrossTheSky

20 hours ago

had to ask the legend Armand Van Helden to show me how to do proper house drums today...909

How sad, and just goes to show why I don't like these new-fangled "producers" around my Madonna albums.

I really started to love Madonna in 2006 during the grammys!! I was 12 back then and knew her a little but not like the beast she's on stage! So IMO, it's always good few awards, and talk show to promote an album! First, during the talk show, you can talk about the creating process of the album, talk about the idea behind it. The inspiration behind few songs, why choose to work with X producer etc. And few live performances to show the GP how good you are on stage and make them buy tickets for the tour!!

It's not the end of the world to see her live 2-3 times!!

She can open or close the grammys 2015, go to the BRIT, attempts the golden globes and or Oscars, only to talk about the album on the red carpet! Then an interview with Ellen and a perfo of the 2nd single with tour dates announcement. A live tweet about the album with her and diplo and why not a radio interview with Ryan seacrest! and that's it!!

Edited by YannBouch

This young DJ (Djemba) reposted a song today on sound cloud which features the rapper ASAP Ferg. Madonna posed with both of them on instagram on separate pictures.

https://soundcloud.com/sbtrkt/sbtrkt-voices-in-my-head-ft-asap-ferg

https://soundcloud.com/djembadjemba

Good news IMO

Seriously, you people talk about Madonna like she's some sort of fucking idiot who doesn't know the rules of the game. She's WELL AWARE of what makes a good promotional campaign and the hours of hard slog it takes. COADF probably being the last time she CHOSE to take that route. She CHOOSES not to do it for the time being, DEAL.

And it's not just her core fanbase that fills up those hundreds of arena/stadium shows across the US, so obviously something other than "adoptions and plastic surgery" still plays a part in the public consciousness.

Very true Kim

Madonna IS the Queen of promotion and marketing!! Remember during confession era when everybody talked how diva she was during the interviews?? The journalist didn't have the right to look at her in the eyes!! haha everybody talked about it back then!! For a couples of interviews and rumors, she had 8743937 x time more exposure because everybody were talking about the interview they saw etc!

The GP like the nice Madonna but LOVE when she's bitchy a little!! And I love that too!!

Madge made it to worldwide entertainment headlines just because she loathes hydrangeas. CNN had even made a documentary about it.

Guest Rachelle of London

Madge made it to worldwide entertainment headlines just because she loathes hydrangeas. CNN had even made a documentary about it.

Exactly. If you follow some of the people in here you'd think Madonna was a recluse. :lmao:

Seriously, you people talk about Madonna like she's some sort of fucking idiot who doesn't know the rules of the game. She's WELL AWARE of what makes a good promotional campaign and the hours of hard slog it takes. COADF probably being the last time she CHOSE to take that route. She CHOOSES not to do it for the time being, DEAL.

And it's not just her core fanbase that fills up those hundreds of arena/stadium shows across the US, so obviously something other than "adoptions and plastic surgery" still plays a part in the public consciousness.

Amen to that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The fact that she didn't do promotion for MDNA was most likely because her private life prevented her from doing it on a big scale. It was most def HER choice. They were probably also aware of the fact that she would, despite this, sell out her shows which was the objective in the first place.

Not sure this strategy will support her well enough this time, but I'm pretty sure she will, compared to the MDNA era, do more promotion this time around.

Hell, she already started it many months ago via her instagram!

We can talk about promo until we are blue in the face BUT Madonna has arrived at a place in her career were the live shows take precendent.

The ONLY reason MDNA didn't get the same level of promo attention as previous efforts was purely because she DIDNT have time to do it!

The tour was announced before the album....by the time the album hit the shops dates were out there and she needed to rehearse!

She simply didn't have a spare 2weeks to go out after SuperBowl and do anything.

I respect her for that as we got a killer tour MY only gripe is that she could do BOTH....

I am hoping the tour announcement/rehearsals stay well away from the 13thalbums release next year.....to allow her time to be able to go out on a mini promo tour....and tell the people she has new music out.

Promo IS and always will be relevant to pop stars, as much as a legend Madannas legendary status CAN carry her when it comes to her live shows, her back catalogue is the main reason she still sells out areanas at 300dollars a piece!

But her latest albums is a different story, they are brand new and still need promoting....I agree it's NOT 1998 anymore but it does still need attention.

The only reason I hoped we would get the album this year....is because is so she would have TIME to go out and promote, because a release next spring will lead straight into touring.

I think you missed the point Kim....this is not about her touring status, for with that, she is still the ultimate draw....people hear that Madonna is coming to town and they want to see her as she has long established herself as a phenomenal performer and shes has a back catalog that most pop stars would commit several murders for. Madonna's name alone will most certainly sell concert tickets. No one mentioned the MDNA Tour, as obviously touring is most certainly not an issue for her. That is a kingdom she effortlessly and easily dominates. Also, I don't believe that anyone is saying that she doesn't know what to do, obviously much of her career success has been based on her ability to master-market her brand, sound and image. I think most people are in agreement that given her promotional effort, she can achieve another album/chart success. That was the only point being made, no need to get so testy :)

As mentioned, I am referring mostly to the US market. The MDNA ALBUM topped the charts and then plummeted as if it never existed. This was due to her core fan base obtaining their copies, the general public probably didn't even know it was out, there was no radio support or anything to hold it up so it just basically disappeared. Everyone mentions COADF as the last time she properly promoted an album, and this may be true for non-US markets, but in the US, most people were unaware of it, despite Hung Up dominating the charts around the world. If another album success means anything to her, she knows what to do, but only if she really cares to. At this point, no one is catching up to her sales records, so in the end, her effort to sell is strictly up to her own ambition and focus. It would just be another notch in her glorious belt....it certainly has nothing to do with money. She can go on tour for 5-6 months and make a half a billion dollars...so, no one is gonna go hungry in the Ciccone household.

And sadly, many people I talk to never hear or pay any mind to the music and philanthropic projects she has consistently delivered in the past decade, the US media tends to only focus on her private life, appearance, etc, and so sadly, that is what many Americans know of her. I had one friend say to me the other day "Madonna still releases music? I thought she retired after kissing Britney Spears.....". I hear ignorant shit like that ALL the time.... Someone else said "I never hear about Madonna anymore...the only time I ever hear her name is when you post something about her on Facebook." It's frustrating as in the US, her grille will garner more media attention than her next brilliant single.....

Jeez.... seems like ya can`t trade in the grey areas here.... There`s an almighty split right down the centre.. It feels like its either gotta be black or white on almost every premise....... Too many people here take the high ground too quick at was are perfectly reasonable postings, even if they are in the wrong thread.... :scared:

I'm very excited because Madonna really cares about this album, I think no matter when it's released if the album's good, hopefully word of mouth plus promotion will make the album a hit.

There's no W.E. movie to promote, no Superbowl jitters to get anxious about, and she's heading her album in a fresh direction.

That being said, I still want the album by November/December!