New album: the Queen wants this album finished! Some fans still acting VERY dumb!

But why is a music video the best way? I think live performances are a much better way than music video. A lot of pop artists doing music videos were mentioned but in any of those cases, was it the video that made their songs hits. Their songs were hits because they were played on the radio and people watch the videos because they liked the song from the radio. I will believe the power of videos when there is a example of a song being a hit mostly based on just the video and not on radio airplay or other ways of hearing the music.

But not everyone has access to those performances. I don't understand why you think, for example, Madonna's live performance of GGW was a better way to expose the song and themes to the world than the music video. It makes no sense. You might PREFER the live performance, but that doesn't mean it's a better vehicle to promote the work. I guarantee you that 90% of the people who saw that performance also saw the video. But only a fraction of the people who saw the video probably saw the live performance. As someone said, BOTH are important parts of the creative and promotional process. But one clearly gets more exposure than the other. On tour Madonna is preaching to the converted.

And of course the music video was a huge part of the success of "Wrecking Ball," just to use one example. I, for one, probably never would have even heard the song if that video hadn't been posted fucking EVERYWHERE when it came out because I rarely listen to the radio. "Miley's swinging naked from a wrecking ball! You have to see this!" Then I showed the video to my BF and suddenly I'd heard it twice... and it was stuck in my head and I couldn't get it out. But I couldn't tell you what Miley's live performance of that song looked or sounded like if you put a gun to my head.

Of course they are full fledged Madonna eras. Sometimes text doesn't translate so well, I didn't mean that quite as seriously as it probably looks. Basically all I meant is it would've been nice to see the BS songs performed live when they were current and if I had to choose between "traditional promo" (interviews and random TV performances)and a tour, I would've chosen tour. I had never seen M live at that point so I was saving up my lunch $$ for the BS Tour......literally.....lol.

Yeah I know you probably didn't mean it like that. Sorry I came off as bit of a douche.

i read this on popjustice. maybe this the "something bad happened recently" that someone on here mentioned happened recently

All of the song details up to now have been released to fan sites by Madonna's people to generate buzz, but unfortunately now some demos are changing hands amongst collectors for ridiculous amounts of money. They don't want a situation like last time where a potential lead single leaks (which was described to me as 'I have a bad feeling that it's only a matter of time'). Add to this the fact that Madonna wants to explore other ideas further and you have the reasons. The idea of a release this year was never set in stone, all parties involved knew this. Madonna knows how the last album was received and wants to get it right this time.

Again, as I've previously stated, I'm not expecting anyone to believe a word I type, but these are the answers I've been given from sources I trust. Do with that what you will.

so the "bad" looks like some demos have leaked to the collectors. the other delay is because madonna wants to explore more ideas. that's if the above is true. thus, it looks like all signs point to 2015

Madonna's team needs to guard and protect her new songs more carefully.After the GMAYL leak,you'd think that they would really be on top of things this time.

Leak of a good song creates buzz for the album though..... but on the other hand, if a bad song gets leaked (e.g. GMAYL), then..... :roadrunner:

I'd really like to know which songs/demos Madonna played for Mert Alas (in April) and Orbit (in June) and why she did it. She doesn't seem like the person who would just send some demos to friends and ask them for their opinion. Mert I somehow understand, they probably worked on a (medieval) styling/theme for the album (which still seems way too eary in the process) but Orbit? I believe plans changed midway through the recording process and she began to lean more towards Diplo's tracks, hence her obsession which #unapologeticxxx which overshadows all other tracks. I don't know, trying to find a common theme in it all although it does sound a little confusing and I don't know what to expect anymore. Maybe it's for the best, now she can truly surprise us all.

Maybe she's waiting for certain producers like Disclosure to have available studio time.

Madonna, waiting? For Disclosure? As much as I'd love her working with them, I hope that's not the case. They should cancel or postpone all other projects and work with her immediately. lol

P.S.: I just googled and found out that Disclosure revealed a few weeks ago that they would start working on their follow-up album in a studio in London starting from September 2014. The festival season is over and they have been writing on music all year, now it's studio time. They also co-produced Mary J. Blidge's new album or at least co-produced a few tracks.

Don't want to add fuel to the fire (again) but anything is possible. Maybe M is really working with them (God I hope so!)

Madonna, waiting? For Disclosure? As much as I'd love her working with them, I hope that's not the case. They should cancel or postpone all other projects and work with her immediately. lol

Well, you know how some producers are, with their diva behavior. Not saying Disclosure is like that, but you never know.

Leak of a good song creates buzz for the album though..... but on the other hand, if a bad song gets leaked (e.g. GMAYL), then..... :roadrunner:

So true. The leak of GMAYL really hurted the MDNA era before it even started. I still think it shouldn't have been the first single.

Lets hope we get news now, take that are confirmed for 'before Christmas' One direction have announced their album '4' for 21st November. Things must be moving on.

4 albums already??? are they releasing one every 6 months?

4 albums already??? are they releasing one every 6 months?

The record company needs to milk them for all they're worth before 2 of them

come out of the closet, one becomes a drug addict, one picks up a guitar and finds God and makes a flop solo album and the other one goes bald.

Anyway - all this talk about problems with the album. Assumptions. Not facts.

I'd really like to know which songs/demos Madonna played for Mert Alas (in April) and Orbit (in June) and why she did it. She doesn't seem like the person who would just send some demos to friends and ask them for their opinion. Mert I somehow understand, they probably worked on a (medieval) styling/theme for the album (which still seems way too eary in the process) but Orbit? I believe plans changed midway through the recording process and she began to lean more towards Diplo's tracks, hence her obsession which #unapologeticxxx which overshadows all other tracks. I don't know, trying to find a common theme in it all although it does sound a little confusing and I don't know what to expect anymore. Maybe it's for the best, now she can truly surprise us all.

She's always said she gets feedback from people she trusts. I'm not surprised by this in the slightest.

It will be interesting to see what songs end up on the final album. If there are no Avicii songs, that will make for lots of fascinating discussion - on here and in interviews.

I have to say that I highly doubt the "delay" (if it is indeed a delay) has anything to do with leaks or the public's chatter about the new album. What she cares about is if she's digging the music (since she has to perform it night after night) and what the people around her that she trusts say. I think this whole something "bad" BS is just that - bullshit.

She probably just changed her mind in releasing it now. Planning takes time, videos, hiring dancers etc. My feeling is she just doesn't want to rush it, her creative juices are still flowing.

Guest CzarnaWisnia

didn't Guy Oseary say that the album would come out at the very end of 2014 or the beginning of 2015, way back at the Grammies in Feb.?

What we (think we) know so far

11 demos recorded with Avicii & co., including:

- Addicted

- Heartbreak City

- Messiah

- Rebel Heart

- Two Steps Behind

7 demos recorded with Natalia Kills & Martin Kierszenbaum, including "Holy Water".

Unknown number of demos recorded with Toby Gad, MoZella & S1, including:

- Body Shop

- Iconic

- Illuminati

- Joan of Arc

7 demos recorded with Diplo, including:

- Autotune Baby

- Bitch, I'm Madonna

- Living for Love

- Unapologetic Bitch

Unknown number of demos recorded with Pharrell Williams.

"Inside Out" is unaccounted for in terms of co-writers/producers, though both DrownedMadonna and Madonnarama have confirmed the existence of the song.

"Veni Vidi Vici" and "Wash All Over Me" seem to have been co-written by MoZella, though we don't know who produced it.

NB: I'm not convinced that Messiah is really an Avicii track, as claimed by Madonnarama. Judging by Madonna's Instagram posts, "Messiah" was most likely co-written by MoZella. Furthermore, MoZella is also likely to have co-written some of the Diplo tracks, including "Autotune Baby" and "Living for Love".

Madonna knows how the last album was received and wants to get it right this time. - Someone at Poopjustice

That's secretly all I wanted to know. If that's true I'm getting even more excited. I'm fine with a 2015 release, but I don't pay much attention to those DM and Madonnarama "leaks".

Can't wait for MESSIAH, LIVING FOR LOVE and HOLY WATER.