What is the single most iconic photo of Madonna?

Guest Borderline

That exact Vogue shot came to mind....I agree with BoogieWoogie. Both pics are absolutely iconic and instantly recognizable as Madonna.

I am not sure if you mean JUST professional photoshoot pictures, or pictures in general, because anything from EY BAT is iconic Madonna as well:

madonna-blond-ambition-tour-1219242036-v

Guest bluejean

Definitely that Vogue video pic and the True Blue cover.

If we're talking the looks themselves the early 80's look in general and the BAT conical bra thing are the two most iconic.

I think her most iconic photo is the Vogue picture that's already been posted. The TB cover is definitely up there though!

Her most iconic LOOK is probably the image of her from BA with the EY costume on (without the jacket of course) with the ponytail. A very very close second would be the "Susan"/Boy Toy look. The pic of her at the first VMA's encapsulates that perfectly! That seems to be the go to look when people dress like Madonna for Halloween.

Guest bluejean

It's hard to believe this woman has so many iconic songs too. You can't even name her signature song. She has at least half a dozen of them.

I think her most iconic photo is the Vogue picture that's already been posted. The TB cover is definitely up there though!

Her most iconic LOOK is probably the image of her from BA with the EY costume on (without the jacket of course) with the ponytail. A very very close second would be the "Susan"/Boy Toy look. The pic of her at the first VMA's encapsulates that perfectly! That seems to be the go to look when people dress like Madonna for Halloween.

No its not.

madonna-iconic-look-blonde-ambition.jpg

There's no singular Blond Ambition picture but it's easily her most iconic look.

I'd also say these are right up there:

madonna-white-dress-mtv-vmas.jpg

29516-celebrate-madonna-s-birthday-with-

I agree on the Susan pic, it's the ultimate 80's look.

These ones might be contenders as well:

934_madonna-fulltoplessandhotunderw-hot-

16568576-16568578-large.jpg

Honestly though, you could go on and on and on. There hardly ever was an era which didn't bring out any highly iconic pic, whether it's from a performance or music video or just a simple photoshoot.

Guest CzarnaWisnia

I think if you asked the commoner to draw a sketch of Madonna it would probably be her with the cone bra and ponytail from BA Tour.