David LaChapelle Explains Why He Didn't Direct The Video For 'Hung Up'

frzndrwnwrld

Why on earth doesnt he talk about the reasons she is shouting at him i wonder. I work in music videos and know absolutely that once commissioned to make a video, the only reason labels and artists get stressed or anxious is when you are shortcoming in your work, preparation or communication.

He had been commissioned to make the video already hadn't he, so she obviously liked his treatment and concept, it must simply have been that he wasn't delivering on what he had promised in his treatment.

Labels and artists work to extremely tight deadlines, they have release dates and air dates they have to hit - its worth a lot of money to them - so if he wasn't delivering on time, or on what he had promised creatively - she'd have every right to tan his ass. and at least it was coming directly from her, and not just something she delegated to her manager to deal with - she's hands on and cares thats all. Get over it David.

I think its funny that he said "all the shoots with her were stressful." when the did a whopping 2 shoots.

I know ! I thought the same thing, lol

dude needs a reality check.

LaShitelle said M was too old to wear a leotard, and that's why she screamed....

:rotfl: As funny as this scenario is, I highly doubt this snivelling little weasel would have the guts.

That shoot was beautiful though

Agree, I did love that shoot. Shame he turned out to be such a whiny person.

He trots this story out yearly for a scrap of attention it seems.

Yes, it does him no favours either. Now, it seems it is all people remember about him.

:rotfl: As funny as this scenario is, I highly doubt this snivelling little weasel would have the guts.

Was thinking the same thing. He sounds like a wimp who complains about everything in life after the fact.

This story has never quite added up for me. He never explains WHY she was screaming at him. We all know Madonna is a perfectionist and can be a bitch when she's unhappy, but we also know that she treats the people she respects with love and kindness. Even on the set of HU she was showing her impatience about how long things were taking, but she wasn't screaming about it. I mean, i imagine her on the phone screaming at David Fincher or Mark Romanek. I just don't see it. Sorry, David.

This story has never quite added up for me. He never explains WHY she was screaming at him. We all know Madonna is a perfectionist and can be a bitch when she's unhappy, but we also know that she treats the people she respects with love and kindness. Even on the set of HU she was showing her impatience about how long things were taking, but she wasn't screaming about it. I mean, i imagine her on the phone screaming at David Fincher or Mark Romanek. I just don't see it. Sorry, David.

Yes he doesnt explain why there were problems , just the conclusion

I remembered vaguely ( don't know if I'm correct ) that he wanted to shoot the vdo in the style of Rise ( his doc ) with no frills , natural lighting , no glamour whatsoever .

That shoot was beautiful though

Both shoots yielded beautiful results, but I still think his schtick was blah by the time M worked with him. Of all of his subjects, oddly enough, Pamela Anderson was the only one that seemed to remain fresh every time they worked together. IMO

Exactly my thoughts

Sounds like a completely made-up exaggerated story on purpose

I've been reading it twice a year since November 2005

So that's almost 20 times already

Both shoots yielded beautiful results, but I still think his schtick was blah by the time M worked with him. Of all of his subjects, oddly enough, Pamela Anderson was the only one that seemed to remain fresh every time they worked together. IMO

I agree, there was no evolution in his work...& I was never a fan of his style of photography

I like the LaChappelle Lower East Side street scene better than the Ray of Light/Rolling Stone session, which seem more like portraits than photos.

I never imagined it would be enjoyable to work for her. I'm sure there are longtime fans who have declined, or had reluctance to work with her to save themselves crushing disappointment.

There are many many, countless people who loved working for Madonna (Nile to Orbit). Her dancers absolutely adore working for their boss, you can tell by their Instagram posts.

Those who complain are pussies who don't like taking orders from a woman! Seems to me she just didn't like his idea and thank god she didn't cause it sounded crap. He just got butt hurt cause his idea wasn't liked.

I really do love his photos of Madonna, but he doesn't really tell us why she was being mean in the first place (which is suspect to me). I bet he's a sensitive Sally, and lord knows being a bitch has what has gotten Madonna this far.