New album: all tracks shelved, now restarting from scratch, release date is 2024

She just became very bored with music and indifferent! :-) I know albums are not important to her (nobody buys albums nowadays anyway), but what is she going to perform on her more and more expensive tours? I don't really want any collaborations, no rappers, nobody but pure Madonna - I know it won't happen....

She just became very bored with music and indifferent! :-) I know albums are not important to her (nobody buys albums nowadays anyway), but what is she going to perform on her more and more expensive tours? I don't really want any collaborations, no rappers, nobody but pure Madonna - I know it won't happen....

I agree she has been bored with music but that's changed this year!

She has Completly dedicated herself again to her new record.....the writing sessions, the creative team she's put into it....the lyrics she has been posting, the choir, the link to artforfreedom JUST because it's looking increasingly like we owt get the album until next year, let's not lose sight of how strong this album is likly to be.....

As far as the collaboration for the lead single goes, GMAYL was literally recorded 3months prior to MDNAs release so it COULD still happen...I hope she's brave enough not to just do another duet for the sake of gaining a few extra spins on American radio.....

Time will tell! But I'm mega excited she's spent all year piecing this record together so bring it on!

Madonna is BORED with music? :manson:

:zombie: God. You would think some posters here would commit suicide over Madonna. There's no need to be super melodramatic. As for me, in the post above I was obviously just taking the piss.

To these horrible whining motherfuckers, crawl back to MadonnaTripe please.

Madonna fans are really some of the worst people on Earth. I wouldn't invite any of them to my house.

Madonna is BORED with music? :manson:

:zombie: God. You would think some posters here would commit suicide over Madonna. There's no need to be super melodramatic. As for me, in the post above I was obviously just taking the piss.

To these horrible whining motherfuckers, crawl back to MadonnaTripe please.

Madonna fans are really some of the worst people on Earth. I wouldn't invite any of them to my house.

I just think some fans will be disappointed IF the album doesn't come out this fall, that's all.

But this year has NEVER been officially confirmed by anyone on Madonnas team, it's just been assumed as she's been working on it all year.

But she's defiently not bored this time round, she's spent all 2014 putting together album13.

I actually believe shes the opposite of bored , she wants to give us the best music she can , and there is no problem if that takes 3/4 months more

Complete agree!!

How many times has she actually been in studio anyways?

4? And wasn't 1 of the "known" sessions just for writing?

I'm super excited, but it won't shock me if there's pictures of her going into a studio next week.

Why are you talking so generally? Bad attitude...

It's been very quiet with her in regards to the album for the last month. I know she was on vacation but supposedly she is back in NY. As one poster said she is inspired this time around with the artforfreedom connection. In my own little opinion something is going to officially be announced soon regardless if the album is this year or next. Quiet before the storm was a cliche but now I think the storm is about to wreck havoc on the music industry with a huge impact.

LOL if Madonna would be bored of music there will be no Madonna-

yeahs its a slowww year but hey what different is that she updating us now.. whats she doing thanks to instagram and stuff

But September is in a few days so lets hope for a new single atleast

But this year has NEVER been officially confirmed by anyone on Madonnas team, it's just been assumed as she's been working on it all year.

I agree that there has been a decided lack of official word from any of the usual sources, but I thought there was one specific mention in an article Guy Oseary - or some executive - was quoted in. It was around the time of the U2 news stories -- Guy becoming U2's manager, and indicating that both U2 and Madonna were going to have albums this year.

Sources are still indicating U2 will release an album this year, as well.

I'm still holding out hope for some truth to the post about the concept album. After all, 4 of the 11 tracks listed I believe are already officially confirmed. And the IG'd lyrics seem like they could fit with the theme. If nothing else, hopefully the time frames for the single and album are accurate.