M to perform at the Berlin wall in November?

Barney

^^^madonna competing?!…even if….with gaga?!… :lame: dailymail

moreover GERMANotta has already produced herself there recently …so perhaps just too early for her consideration…or simply the GERMANS won't risk for a such vvvlady-gaga-naked-under-sheer-cover-up-at-

Oh I've just posted about this in the new album topic. Some new songs (Rebel Heart, Living For Love, etc) mixed with a few hits (Like a Prayer, Holiday, etc) would give a quite great setlist. However, I do not think that she is competing with Gaga at all. Her performance depends on the money and her willingness rather than Gaga in my opinion :D Everyone knows which name would create a greater exposure.

First of all, Madonna would never do that for free. As much as she might enjoy the fact that the Wall came down and the way it came down there is no personal relation that she might feel the need to perform. And this concert is most definately a privately organized thing. And they certainly don't have the funding to even afford Madonna. This will not be related to the official celebrations which will be highly political. You know, Angie giving speeches about Europe etc.

AND: there is only one person who deserves to be headliner of this event: David Hasselhoff! Let's keep in mind that it was his song "looking for freedom" that caused the people to tear the wall down. And everyone who says otherwise is just re-writing history.

It would be good promo in so many ways and would be the equivalent of Superbowl sort of thing but without the other associations. More like a massive grand launch of the new single.

I think it's great and I really really hope she does it.

There is no mention of a concert for the anniversary. Not in the official program nor from any media outlet here in Berlin. The only thing happening Nov. 9 is a light installation along the lines of the wall. No concert. http://www.berlin.de/mauerfall2014/en/25-years-fall-of-the-wall/

I call tabloid B.S. on this one.

First of all, Madonna would never do that for free. As much as she might enjoy the fact that the Wall came down and the way it came down there is no personal relation that she might feel the need to perform. And this concert is most definately a privately organized thing. And they certainly don't have the funding to even afford Madonna. This will not be related to the official celebrations which will be highly political. You know, Angie giving speeches about Europe etc.

AND: there is only one person who deserves to be headliner of this event: David Hasselhoff! Let's keep in mind that it was his song "looking for freedom" that caused the people to tear the wall down. And everyone who says otherwise is just re-writing history.

Then I imagine this could be an upcoming hatchet job. If it's a private event, Gaga would probably perform for free to get the exposure and send out PR reports saying they chose her over Madonna even though someone here said nobody cared about Gaga in Germany and AG didn't even make the top 100 in iTunes.

UK Charts No. 65

“Madonna and Gaga are equally desperate for the honour of performing,”

Desperate?!

Associating M's name with Kaka in that sentence makes me feel sick.

M does it for humanity whereas Kaka does it for exposure and fame.

Just like Live8, all performers are not allowed to perform new songs but Mimi did it with WBT. If she was given extra time to say something, I'm 200% sure she will say "WBT is now available on iTunes for downloading".