Celebrate Madonna (The First Album!)

Larkspur

Seriously one of the best debut albums i ever heard. Each song is amazing, not one single filler. I always thought it was better than Like a Virgin (i love that album but not as much as the first one).

I remember saving all my money up to buy this on vinyl when I was an infant. Each and every one of those 8 tracks are amazing. I absolutely love it.

What a fantastic debut. It spawned 4 hits in Australia in this exact order - Holiday, Burning up, Borderline and Lucky Star. I played in non-stop on cassette originally - :laugh: I love all of the songs on it. Years ago, I am ashamed to say that I was not that fussed on Everybody. :ohmy: Yet, now I love it as I love all of the songs on it.

Yes, I do love " I know it" and used to sing at the top of my voice " I know you're gonna take your love and run" and "you grabbed your coat and you were out the door and now I know you don't care" Used to think how dare this guy grab his coat and just go out the door :lol: My mother always said that Holiday was the ultimate feel-good holiday song and always sang it to us when we were going to Tasmania for Christmas Holidays. Such great memories around this debut. Still holds up today as well.

What a fantastic debut. It spawned 4 hits in Australia in this exact order - Holiday, Burning up, Borderline and Lucky Star. I played in non-stop on cassette originally - :laugh: I love all of the songs on it. Years ago, I am ashamed to say that I was not that fussed on Everybody. :ohmy: Yet, now I love it as I love all of the songs on it.

Yes, I do love " I know it" and used to sing at the top of my voice " I know you're gonna take your love and run" and "you grabbed your coat and you were out the door and now I know you don't care" Used to think how dare this guy grab his coat and just go out the door :lol: My mother always said that Holiday was the ultimate feel-good holiday song and always sang it to us when we were going to Tasmania for Christmas Holidays. Such great memories around this debut. Still holds up today as well.

Burning Up became a hit in Australia? And after Holiday?

As each year passes, this album just gets better and better! Classic! The end.

At this point I'd rank it my #2 favorite of all her albums. It just never sounds old, stale or cheesy. It's as fresh as it was 31 yrs ago.

Burning Up became a hit in Australia? And after Holiday?

Yes, I think Australia was the first country where Madonna was successful from the moment she was first seen by the public. Holiday was played on Countdown - the clip where she performed on Top of the Pops - and people loved it. Molly Meldrum went to the states to interview her and then they played the video clip of Burning Up and his interview with her. Burning up also become a hit. No proper promotion but people loved her through seeing her on Countdown. By the time Borderline became a hit, she was well on her way to being a huge star and girls were copying her look and the boys made her their pin-up girl. Madonna was such a star in Australia from virtually the word go.

:madonna2: my 9 year old twin nieces came over to visit yesterday for a swim and BBQ.

out of the blue they started to sing HOLIDAY in unison.

" if we took a holiday, took some time to celebrate, it would be so nice"