What is @guyoseary up to?

sotos8

LIVE NATION RUMORED TO BE UNDERGOING MANAGEMENT CONSOLIDATION blank.gifn_rrule.gifGuy Oseary Said to Be Forming New Management Division Within the Concert Power

July 24, 2014

Insiders say Michael Rapino’s Live Nation is undertaking a major reorganization of its management business, with one division being consolidated under Guy Oseary(Madonna, U2). Ron Laffitte (Pharrell, OneRepublic-Ryan Tedder, Soundgarden) is thought to be one of the high-profile managers who’ll be involved.

Larry Rudolph (Miley Cyrus, Britney Spears, Avril Lavigne) and Gee Roberson (Nicki Minaj) are also rumored to be part of or considering joining Oseary’s division.

The other major LN management hub will be the Jay Brown-run Roc Nation (Kanye West, Shakira,Timbaland, Calvin Harris, Kylie Minogue, Capital Cities,HAIM).

The first client to be jointly managed by the Oseary-headed wing is new acquisition Alicia Keys, whom Laffitte formerly managed

Guest Rachelle of London

Why do fans hate Guy? What exactly has he done wrong. He's been a part of Madonnas management team since the early 90s. Madonna is one of the best managed acts around.

I'm pretty sure the reason why Guy Oseary is still listed as Madonna's and U2's manager is because they are without a doubt Live Nation's most important touring artists and he'll still work directly with them. As for the other artists, he'll only be supervising their managers as a senior executive and not actually be working with those artists. However, I have no doubt that Guy has lower-level employees handling a lot of the day to day responsibilities for Madonna and U2 that a manager is usually responsible for.

Guest Rachelle of London

I agree...i dont understand the hate for him. Hes sexy and has done cool things with madonna

I've actually seen people hate on him because of single choices :lmao: like thats HIS job!

It's funny how with MDNA he was the one sharing the news of M and now he's nowhere to be seen with her Instagram doing his role.

INSTAGRAM FOR HER NEW MANAGER.

So far, it has done a better job than Guy.

Why do fans hate Guy? What exactly has he done wrong. He's been a part of Madonnas management team since the early 90s. Madonna is one of the best managed acts around.

Because of his managing of the MDNA era. #UntraditionalPromo which was in fact no promo at all!

Guest Rachelle of London

So far, it has done a better job than Guy.

Because of his managing of the MDNA era. #UntraditionalPromo which was in fact no promo at all!

How many times does it have to be stated even Madonna herself has stated that Guy wanted her to do more promo! Guy was the one that pushed her to do the Superbowl. She said it herself. If it wasnt for him we wouldnt of even got that Ellen interview. I swear. HE's been in his job for 21+ years now, I think he knows what hes doing.

That wasn't his decision. Madonna herself stated in an interview that guy was trying to force her to do more promo and more performances but she refused to spend more time with her kids and rehearse for the tour.

Guest Rachelle of London

I think it was non-traditional promo and it became 'a thing' back in 2012. Even with W.E., that fat guy who owns that company or whatever said he BEGGED to madonna to promote W.E. and go to GG. :lmao:

Harvey Weinstein?

Yes.

Harvey Weinstein: Madonna only called me The Punisher
“Madonna only called me The Punisher because I told her to get out of her house and promote a movie. In a world where so many people say, ‘Oh, Madonna, if you want to sleep today, it’s OK, sweetie. Let me tuck you in’, I was honest with her.” Movie mogul Harvey Weinstein on why Madonna dubbed him ‘The Punisher’ at the Golden Globes in 2012.

:lmao:

Yes.

Harvey Weinstein: Madonna only called me The Punisher

“Madonna only called me The Punisher because I told her to get out of her house and promote a movie. In a world where so many people say, ‘Oh, Madonna, if you want to sleep today, it’s OK, sweetie. Let me tuck you in’, I was honest with her.” Movie mogul Harvey Weinstein on why Madonna dubbed him ‘The Punisher’ at the Golden Globes in 2012.

:lmao:

He's so arrogant about it! Madonna is many things, but she is not lazy. Sure, I can definitely imagine that she'd be difficult to manage or try to schedule, but that's because she has so many commitments - her music, her businesses, her four children...

He's so arrogant about it! Madonna is many things, but she is not lazy. Sure, I can definitely imagine that she'd be difficult to manage or try to schedule, but that's because she has so many commitments - her music, her businesses, her four children...

Fuzzy Dream, I don't think Harvey was meaning to sound arrogant. He was being cheeky and I kind of like it that he is powerful enough to tell Madonna to promote things. :laugh: I know he adores her and they both have spoken very highly of each other several times. He has always praised her and commented on the fact she never gets the respect from the media that she truly deserves.

How many times does it have to be stated even Madonna herself has stated that Guy wanted her to do more promo! Guy was the one that pushed her to do the Superbowl. She said it herself. If it wasnt for him we wouldnt of even got that Ellen interview. I swear. HE's been in his job for 21+ years now, I think he knows what hes doing.

:clap:

I think Guy is probably the manager that made her the most money? Of course, by pushing her to tour, I m sure he convinced her to switch WB for LN, which is a financial heaven for her. Even her Forbes haters couldn't hide the fact she is the highest earning star last year. The only negative thing is that he probably pressed her to do the gyms, the skin products etc. which are side project that she never did well 25 years into her career.

how somebody so young and stupid can have such a meteoric career is a sign of these weird times. I can picture him hyping some internet junk that later worths nothing.

This man maybe made Madonna richer, but hasn't been very good in other areas.

Remember that "limited edition mp3 Smirnoff EP"? :lmao::lmao::lmao: Only a moron like him would try to sell some mp3 as "limited edition"

Guest Rachelle of London

how somebody so young and stupid can have such a meteoric career is a sign of these weird times. I can picture him hyping some internet junk that later worths nothing.

This man maybe made Madonna richer, but hasn't been very good in other areas.

Remember that "limited edition mp3 Smirnoff EP"? :lmao::lmao::lmao: Only a moron like him would try to sell some mp3 as "limited edition"

Stop being ageist. He's 42 and had 20+ years experience, surely that must qualify him for the role. What only 65 year olds like Freddie can manage artists? :lmao:

The Superbowl alone is enough to praise him for! :)

Guest CzarnaWisnia

I think Guy is probably the manager that made her the most money? Of course, by pushing her to tour, I m sure he convinced her to switch WB for LN, which is a financial heaven for her. Even her Forbes haters couldn't hide the fact she is the highest earning star last year. The only negative thing is that he probably pressed her to do the gyms, the skin products etc. which are side project that she never did well 25 years into her career.

yep, but as her lawyer's recent letter made clear she doesn't have anything to do with those products except lend her name and show up when needed. She didn't choose the HC name for the gyms.

yep, but as her lawyer's recent letter made clear she doesn't have anything to do with those products except lend her name and show up when needed. She didn't choose the HC name for the gyms.

Not surprising. But I missed the letter from the lawyer? Or am I missing a joke? :blush: