Madonna and Diplo re-record “La Isla Bonita”

FreeMySoul

Guest Rachelle of London

Where?

Well, that is true. But unfortunately madonna rarely performs anything besides her hits and songs from her new album on tour and if she does include a song that isn't a hit, it's Human Nature or something very few people give a shit about. Don't get me wrong, guys I love Human Nature and it's definitely my favourite song from Bedtime Stories, but I'm tired of seeing it being performed over songs that can be just as good live. Nothing Really Matters, Physical Attraction or Everybody, for example.

We are a VERY lucky fanbase. Look at the amount of artists that perform the same song, in the same style, with the same choreography EVERY tour. If M wants to perform Human Nature, probably the song that defines her career and sums her up the most on 3 separate tours then thats her prerogative. We should enjoy the fact that she gives us something new each fucking time.

True. It wasn't going to be performed on MDNA, but later replaced Some Girls for the reason you mentioned.

LOL "yeah!" and Spanish Lesson, too. Considering she played it in SA when clearly everyone hates that song.

Mhh True.

Revised the list:

Songs Madonna is obsessed with:

80's:

La Isla Bonita

Like a Prayer

90's:

Human Nature

Ray of Light

00's:

Music

Hung Up

Candy Shop

Songs Madonna hates:

80's:

Borderline - Considering she only performed it on the first leg of the S&S Tour after not caring about it for more than 20 years.

Holiday - She overplayed it and now she hates it. Celebration is the "new Holiday".

Material Girl - She has clearly stated that she hates the song and has mocked it over the past few tours.

True Blue - It reminds her of Sean Penn

Who's That Girl - The movie flopped

Cherish - Not sure why, but iseems she can't relate to it. Maybe she was forced to release it as a single back in the days.

90's:

The Erotica album - the first "end of her career"

The Bedtime Stories album, except for "Human Nature"

Nothing Really Matters - it flopped

Beautiful Stranger - I wonder why

00's:

American Pie - It's being punished for being included on the Music album

The American Life album - It flopped and was doomed as "the end of her career"

Sorry - she feels retarded singing it

Get Together and Jump - They flopped.

4 Minutes - It was released instead of her precious candy Shop as the lead single.

She said in an interview a few years ago (maybe 4 or 5 years ago) that her fav song of hers was Beautiful Stranger.

She said in an interview a few years ago (maybe 4 or 5 years ago) that her fav song of hers was Beautiful Stranger.

Shes also said Ray of Light a few times.

^and Don't Tell Me...and Paradise.....

Ooohh very interesting!

Haven't you seen the video?

I have, but I don't think that a lot of Madonna concert goers have. I mean, have you seen the facebook poll for the MDNA tour and the songs they chose? Also, a video alone doesn't change the fact that it didn't chart well and that it wasn't popular among the GP. If we go by videos, then Bad Girl, Oh Father, I Want You and Nothing Really Matters should all be considered hits. Sadly, most casual fans don't even know they exist.

Ooohh very interesting!

I have, but I don't think that a lot of Madonna concert goers have. I mean, have you seen the facebook poll for the MDNA tour and the songs they chose? Also, a video alone doesn't change the fact that it didn't chart well and that it wasn't popular among the GP. If we go by videos, then Bad Girl, Oh Father, I Want You and Nothing Really Matters should all be considered hits. Sadly, most casual fans don't even know they exist.

they should make Bad Girl, Oh Father mandatory viewing in high schools across the nation..."before we say pledge of allegiance, you must watch this."

they should make Bad Girl, Oh Father mandatory viewing in high schools across the nation..."before we say pledge of allegiance, you must watch this."

I've always thought that Bad Girl would be perfect for Health classes :lmao:

We are a VERY lucky fanbase. Look at the amount of artists that perform the same song, in the same style, with the same choreography EVERY tour. If M wants to perform Human Nature, probably the song that defines her career and sums her up the most on 3 separate tours then thats her prerogative. We should enjoy the fact that she gives us something new each fucking time.

THIS!!!

Madonna likes beautiful stranger. She said so in an interview with that annoying fat gay guy with the heavy lisp on sirius xm outQ

We can debate about whether LIB is a good song or if she should do it again on tour, but the question that came to mind when I saw the clip was "Why this song?" I'm not a DJ and I don't know about sound clashes, but wouldn't it make sense to pick a more club-friendly hit? And why the album version and not a remix? I'm confused.

We can debate about whether LIB is a good song or if she should do it again on tour, but the question that came to mind when I saw the clip was "Why this song?" I'm not a DJ and I don't know about sound clashes, but wouldn't it make sense to pick a more club-friendly hit? And why the album version and not a remix? I'm confused.

Actually many Major Lazer songs share the vibe of La Isla Bonita, plus if he wanted to insert their name into a Madonna song the lyrics of LIB gave the perfect opportunity.

Guest whatatramp

because it's odd to drop La Isla Bonita out of nowhere in a set with changed lyrics, it's gonna get a reaction from people and nobody else can use that material because it's unique to Diplo (who's apart of Major Lazer) that's the whole point of a dub plate as Annie Mac explained before he played it..

who is diplo and who's that girl in the video? is she British?

Her name is Annie Mac and she's a british dj

The Material Girl has avoided Borderline and other earlier songs for which she has no songwriting rights in favor of the ones she does. That's one of my theories. I don't think she dislikes that many songs. She doesn't like MG so much because she's tired of being called that. I think TB has been ignored because of Sean. But besides those two, I can't think of other song that she may dislike. Angel, HP, KIT, NRM and others were obscured by other songs but I don't think it's because she dislikes them.

One thing is easy to ascertain, she does like the following songs a lot:

Everybody - It was never a hit technically, yet it was included in YCD, TGS and Celebration (and almost made the cut in TCT)

Burning Up - Why else would she include it on Celebration?

LIB - Hence the last few pages of discussion...

LAP - Duh

Human Nature - Three tours while TUTBMP has never been performed live EVER.

Drowned World/SFL - Tour opener/namesake and included in GHV2 even though it was not even released in the US.

ROL - Guitardonna loves this tune

Paradise (Not For Me) - Twice included in tours and it wasn't even a single!

Candy Shop - Two tours (one opener) and she wanted it to be the albums name

Edited by mnino

Actually many Major Lazer songs share the vibe of La Isla Bonita, plus if he wanted to insert their name into a Madonna song the lyrics of LIB gave the perfect opportunity.

*waiting patiently for a youtube link*

:)

"La Isla Bonita" is a pop classic and I can't believe some IDIOTS here are saying that it's overplayed or tired. NEVER. I will never tire of hearing it and I hope Madonna never tires of playing it.

END.

THANK YOU :clap::bow: I LOVE every single performance of that song.

I want M to sing Vogue, Human Nature, LAB and LAP on all tours!

YES! (along with Express Yourself)

She should NEVER cut those masterpieces.

She needs to reinvent "Rain" and "Live to Tell" again!

YESSSSS!!!!!

A song doesnt have to be a hit for me to want to see it live

Thank you.

:clap::clap::clap:

because it's odd to drop La Isla Bonita out of nowhere in a set with changed lyrics, it's gonna get a reaction from people and nobody else can use that material because it's unique to Diplo (who's apart of Major Lazer) that's the whole point of a dub plate as Annie Mac explained before he played it..

Her name is Annie Mac and she's a british dj

Thanks for the info! :D

• 3 months later...