Madonna and Diplo re-record “La Isla Bonita”

FreeMySoul

Madonna and Diplo re-record “La Isla Bonita” with new lyrics

During his recording sessions with Madonna, Diplo was able to convince the Queen of Pop to re-record the vocals for “La Isla Bonita” so he could use it in a dub play. The new lyrics refer to “Major Lazer”, an electronic music project created by Diplo himself.

A dub play is a special version of a song with alternative lyrics, usually putting your name in it and is often the deciding factor in a sound clash.

According to Wikipedia, a sound clash is a musical competition where crew members from opposing sound systems pit their skills against each other. Sound clashes take place in a variety of venues, both indoors and outdoors. Primarily featuring reggae dancehall,or Jungle music. The object is to beat or “kill” their competitors.

Read more: http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2014/07/24/madonna-and-diplo-re-record-la-isla-bonita-with-new-lyrics/#ixzz38OMKU9OL

Of all her songs to "re record".

That said, it does sound kinda cool....she obviously must really like him to be convinced to re-record for his "special set".

Madonna's statement on re-recording La Isla Bonita:

Thus, yesterday, I woke up in the morning and first thing I did was text my manager, 'Do it, now.' and that's how it was simply released, I felt convenient, enthusiastic and inspired, and so it was a go."

She will wield this dated ole to Latin boys again on tour. Nobody likes this song but you Madonna. I think La Isla Bonita will be the only Madonna song requested by her to be played at her funeral.

I don't think it's a re-recording of the whole song.

Diplo said it was for one of his "Dub Play" things - for a "sound crash" contest. Only to ever be played once!!!

I'm getting from the video that the choice of song was Diplo's idea. He says it took "a long conversation to get this to work" - so Madonna wasn't keen on doing it that's for sure! :-)

Here's another Madonna reference from last night's TV show:

And if Diplo wanted a Madonna song to "win a sound clash" he's gonna go for what's widely considered a "mainstream classic" isn't he? :-)

Not Deeper & Deeper (as much as us fans would maybe have liked that).

Guest CzarnaWisnia

I don't think she's obsessed with Vogue as much as she knows how much of a crowd pleaser it is.