American Pie the "goddess" way

Jumpb4uthink

"Madonna is a colossus in the music industry and she is going to be considered an important historical figure as well. She is a fine singer, a fine songwriter and record producer, and she has the power to guarantee success with any song she chooses to record. It is a gift for her to have recorded 'American Pie.' I have heard her version and I think it is sensual and mystical. I also feel that she's chosen autobiographical verses that reflect her career and personal history. I hope it will cause people to ask what's happening to music in America. I have received many gifts from God but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess."

-Don McLean

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8BIAi3Oo7To

I really like her version...her vocals are silky smooth. #29 on airplay alone? def would have been a #1 one if physical single was released. I remember recording it off the radio...the good ol days, when music was so close but still so far away...

I dunno about No. 1- but likely top 10. Because lots of radio hits weren't being released as CD singles, singles with sales could shoot up the chart.

Her version is OK, fine to listen to, but not really essential Madonna.

Guest sambassile

American Pie and Time Stood Still are some of Madonna's best. Her vocals in those 2 songs and the melodies are gorgeous.

I'm glad there are other fans who appreciate the beauty and the quality of American Pie & Time Stood Still. if you take the time to listen carefully to these two tracks you'll notice that they are masterpieces. The beauty of the melodies, the fine details of the production, and last but not least, the wonderful voice work she has gave in these tracks, her voice is crystal clear, precisely in the right tone.

Just listen to the first words of each songs "A long long time ago" & "Despair, regrets and tenderness" and the magic begins...

Guest sambassile

I'm glad there are other fans who appreciate the beauty and the quality of American Pie & Time Stood Still. if you take the time to listen carefully to these two tracks you'll notice that they are masterpieces. The beauty of the melodies, the fine details of the production, and last but not least, the wonderful voice work she has gave in these tracks, her voice is crystal clear, precisely in the right tone.

Just listen to the first words of each songs "A long long time ago" & "Despair, regrets and tenderness" and the magic begins...

Best song opener of all time. As much as i love the Music album and the tracks she did with Mirwais sometimes i do wonder how beautiful a fully produced William Orbit album would have sounded in 2000. I would've loved a complete album consisting of American Pie, Time Stood Still, Liquid Love, Wonderland, Be Careful (solo version) in addition to songs in the vein of WO penned All Saints tracks such as Black Coffee and Pure Shores by All Saints....

Guest sambassile

I love her version. It was on everywhere in MTV asia back then. I never knew how hardcore fans disliked it

Coz they are a bunch of idiots. it's the best song ever