Unpopular Madonna Opinions

MPowered

Madonna stopped being artistic after American Life. She has become a submissive sell out worried about popularity and not rocking the boat. She's obsessed with making easy money and not on art anymore. Leaving Warner Bros. is the biggest mistake of her career. She has become a corporate prostitute shill for Live Nation and Guy Oseary. Will the old Madonna ever come back?

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Madonna stopped being artistic after American Life. She has become a submissive sell out worried about popularity and not rocking the boat. She's obsessed with making easy money and not on art anymore. Leaving Warner Bros. is the biggest mistake of her career. She has become a corporate prostitute shill for Live Nation and Guy Oseary. Will the old Madonna ever come back?

brick-lol.gif

It's crazay! Even if I think hating on LAP is pure insanity, I don't think that person shouldn't be a fan. :lmao:

Exactly. I love LAP and I think it's one of her best if not her best song, but I understand if people don't like it or prefer other stuff. Madonna's catalogue is so full of different types of genres and so is her fanbase. Many of us seem to have quite a different taste in music and if someone became a fan of hers during the 90's and thus can't relate to her 80's stuff, then let him.

I will probably get stoned for this but to me Madonna begins her career with Ray of Light album. Before than it was some crazy girl with sex videos and Marilyn Monroe hair. :D

You deserve to get stoned for that - your words about stoning, not mine. Absolutely pathetic for someone to say they are a Madonna fan and think like that. Madonna was a superstar for years before Ray of Light and was an inspiration for so many people. How can you dismiss her early career like that ? To read that she was just a crazy girl with sex videos and Marilyn Monroe hair is just insulting and not even funny. This thread is seriously depressing.

Damn, when you get jazzyjan (the nicest member of this forum) saying that you should be stoned... Girl, you better watch out!

tumblr_mg6tokaZRI1rt0dwso1_500.gif

i never liked LIKE A PRAYER.

-video

-album

-live performances

I will probably get stoned for this but to me Madonna begins her career with Ray of Light album. Before than it was some crazy girl with sex videos and Marilyn Monroe hair. :D

Cool cuz I never liked Express Yourself or Vogue video and all her tours are way overrated. Plus, she can't dance for shit and M's career started with Turn Up The Radio.

Top that bitches!

I'm Breathless is better than Like a Prayer. I always pretend its the 4th album in her chronology, actually. :madonna2:

+1

and better than ROL too.

I can't even defend that blasphemy damn!

Erotica is my least favourite album of her. Still some great songs on it of course just like on every other M album, I especially enjoy the singles plus Secret Garden and Where Life Begins. But the other songs don't really get to me, not even the much-praised ones like Thief Of Hearts, Words...To put it simply, they just bore me. Yes, they definitely contain great lyrics, but the raw production gives them a flat sound which is similar in each song. So coupled up, they slow down the flow of the album and make listening to the whole thing from start to finish pretty exhausting.

To end it on a positive note though, the videos and her looks for the era were iconic as always!

Guest CzarnaWisnia

tumblr_n0je8xfQxa1tqbjmvo5_r3_250.gif

:manson:

Guest CzarnaWisnia

Erotica is my least favourite album of her. Still some great songs on it of course just like on every other M album, I especially enjoy the singles plus Secret Garden and Where Life Begins. But the other songs don't really get to me, not even the much-praised ones like Thief Of Hearts, Words...To put it simply, they just bore me. Yes, they definitely contain great lyrics, but the raw production gives them a flat sound which is similar in each song. So coupled up, they slow down the flow of the album and make listening to the whole thing from start to finish pretty exhausting.

To end it on a positive note though, the videos and her looks for the era were iconic as always!

When I first got Erotica, which was after Bedtime actually, I also felt that way but I grew to love the album. I see it's gritty unpolished side as a strength and as part of an aesthetic that was going on at the time in the rock department mostly (grunge etc.). It was grungy dance!

"Sorry" should have never been the 2nd single off of COADF. It should have been "Get Together" with a PROPER video not some HU retread mess.

Hard Candy is so much better than Confessions on a Dancefloor

I think "Vogue" is a SMIDGE overrated.

I don't know if it's UNPOPULAR or not but the best set of videos to come from an album is the set from Bedtime Stories.

NOW THAT'S AN UNPOPULAR OPINION:

I wish Shep produced the whole LAP album. Just imagine that house sound on Till Death Do Us Part. I think the whole album would sound less 'dated' and a true departure from True Blue. I think it sounds WAY TOO MUCH like True Blue as it is.

:blink::roadrunner:

Don't try to stir up shit, honey! :stir:

No, I'll leave that up to you. You've been doing quite well! :D Forget my stupid joke list.

I like your list though

- Oh Father is one of the best songs of her career.

is not remotely controversial, saying the opposite is.

- Give It 2 Me is one of her all-time worst songs and the video sucks ass.

:lmao:

Guest Rachelle of London

you sound like a little monster. get a grip. we all love Madonna, no one here is less of a fan than another. you cant judge or assume anything. I hear the craziest opinions on here about Madonna and her music but I just laugh at it...someone said they don't like Like A Prayer...its like WTF? but they are still rooting for Madonna and engaged in discussing her legacy. not a big deal. we are all fans, we are all one.

Vanilla Ice...I'm JOKING!!!! Why you so wound up so tight? STop jumping on every post I make. Theyre not aimed at you!

Guest Rachelle of London

You don't have to like everything Madonna does to be a fan. Get your shit together, girl. You being pressed over people expressing UNPOPULAR opinions is what's actually giving me a headache, lol.

Or shall we all try to be Little Madonsters that scream Yaaaassss at everything Madonna does, even when we think it's shit? No thanks. I'd rather be considered a flop fan than having to pretend to like everything she shits out.

MPowered, I'm JOKING! Have you not taken your medication today or something? Blimming heck

Guest sambassile

And they wonder why i love Kylie.hmmm

#BringBackOldMaD

Guest sambassile

You deserve to get stoned for that - your words about stoning, not mine. Absolutely pathetic for someone to say they are a Madonna fan and think like that. Madonna was a superstar for years before Ray of Light and was an inspiration for so many people. How can you dismiss her early career like that ? To read that she was just a crazy girl with sex videos and Marilyn Monroe hair is just insulting and not even funny. This thread is seriously depressing.

Jazzy Jan is the most annoying poster ever. Somebody ban her/him plz?!

Guest sambassile

Yes, the stupid Kylie fan who thinks "Frozen" copied "Pesticide in Me"!

Copied? Where did i ever say Frozen copied Confide In Me?

Guest Rachelle of London

The attention you so deeply crave is located somewhere else. Piss off

Vanilla Ice...I'm JOKING!!!! ...

:lmao:

Speaking of unpopular opinions...

We agree :shock:*studio audience gasp*

Not unusual. We both love Hard Candy.