Which song(s) from MDNA do you think she'll perform on the next tour (if any)?

Apples388

Just a bit of fun. Let us analyse a little bit as to what she does from the immediate preceding album in her recent tours. Generally the trend is to go for the biggest hit(s) but she does mix and match things up a bit. A few recent examples -

MDNA Tour - she did not perform "4 Minutes" (the biggest hit from the last album) but she did include it in the video montage. However, "Candy Shop" - a non-single but obviously big personal favourite from Hard Candy made it onto the main setlist.

Sticky - "Hung Up" was there from the previous album (as she said during the promo show interviews, it was the biggest hit from the last record). But that was it.

Confessions - American Life was completely ignored.

Reinvention - "Music" and "Don't Tell Me", the biggest hits.

Okay, you get the drift.

Will she repeat the Confessions/American Life scenario and completely ignore MDNA? I think not.

Then again, MDNA did not yield any significant hits, so we can't count on "Give me All Your Luvin'" being performed. In fact I think it probably won't be.

What song(s) from MDNA do you think she'll wheel out? Perhaps a song she clearly enjoyed performing on the MDNA Tour, as in "Turn up the Radio"? Or maybe she'll do "Falling Free" as it nearly made the cut but didn't in the end? Or maybe "Beautiful Killer" for the whole world to see?

Girl Gone Wild

Yes I think it's a strong contender but I think she'll mix it up with something - either completely change the music and production or she'll mash it up with something. I have a feeling she'll really fuck with it - if she does it.

I want a "Girl Gone Wild" / "What it Feels Like for a Girl" amalgamation super-emotinal performance please! Substitute all the vacuous vibe of "Girl Gone Wild" and inject it with the hormonal melancholia of "What it Feels Like for a Girl" :wow:

Girl Gone Wild is the strongest contender for full performance, in my opinion. Another one could be Love Spent, because it wasn't performed everywhere during the MDNA tour and it might work well with Avicii's production. Beautiful Killer would be unlikely, but I can see her pulling it off.

Gang Bang or Falling Free, as a video interlude or as a sample during a different song's performance.

So, if you ask me: Girl Gone Wild / Love Spent / Falling Free / Gang Bang are the strongest contenders. I wouldn't mind if she ignored the album and maybe the last one too.

Really she should give Confessions, Music and American Life a good 6 tracks between them.

One song between MDNA and Hard Candy is enough. Either "Girl Gone Wild" or "Give it 2 Me" but not both.

The rest should be her '80s and '90s songs with the new album. That's another 14-ish songs, so 6 from the new album, 4 from the '80s and 4 from the '90s. Nice and balanced.

However I'm sure we won't get that but I'll still be happy whatever she does.

I look forward to whores, sluts and idiots who will cry because the setlist isn't composed of the Immaculate Collection track list (and the last time she did that was.... NEVER) :rotfl:

I want her to perform something most fans are dying for her to perform. Something she didn't perform in a while or hasn't performed yet, and then just perform it a la Papa Dont Preach MDNA Tour version, short and sweet.

Gang Bang or Some girls could be contenders as video interludes (maybe mixed with something else like she did with Best Friend/Heartbeat), the contenders for a performance could be GGW, I'm Addicted, Falling Free, Love Spent.

I don't think she'll include more than 2-3 tracks.

And I'm curious to know how many tracks will have the new album and if she'll decide to include 6-7 of them like she did with American Life, instead of the 9-10 tracks she used for the last tours. :)

I want her to perform something most fans are dying for her to perform. Something she didn't perform in a while or hasn't performed yet, and then just perform it a la Papa Dont Preach MDNA Tour version, short and sweet.

"Human Nature" it is then.

Guest whatatramp

I don't think she's gonna re-visit any from MDNA but if she does my guess would be Girl Gone Wild, Masterpiece or I'm Addicted possibly

I think it's possible revolver will be performed again also, not sure about celebration

I'd Think these would work again

HC: Beat Goes On, 4 Minutes (Candy Shop would also work but how is she gonna top both the s&s performance and the mdna one, especially the way transitions into Human Nature :dramatic: )

Confessions: Hung Up, HOW HIGH MIXED WITH HOLLYWOOD OMG :bow: :drool:

AL: see above

Music: Nobody's Perfect

It's so hard to speculate though, all the tours starting with confessions embodied the supporting album perfectly

it's gonna be amazing whatever she performs

Can't see her strapping on th guitar again for TUTR, so if she did do it, it probably would be different staging.

I'd like to see "Falling Free," but, other than that, I wouldn't mind if she skipped MDNA. "Beautiful Killer" would be good, but we have a high-quality performance already.

I want a "Girl Gone Wild" / "What it Feels Like for a Girl" amalgamation super-emotinal performance please! Substitute all the vacuous vibe of "Girl Gone Wild" and inject it with the hormonal melancholia of "What it Feels Like for a Girl" :wow:

This would be amazing!

I hope she performs Falling Free or Beautiful Killer

I'm Addicted. I'd like to hear it with actual instrumentation though. Something a little disco/funk... Chic/Nile Rogers-esque.

I'm Addicted. I'd like to hear it with actual instrumentation though. Something a little disco/funk... Chic/Nile Rogers-esque.

Same here. I would love I'm Addicted and it would be interesting to hear it done differently as well. Masterpiece could be a contender too but it is so difficult to know what songs she is going to pick.

A mash-up including I'm Addicted/Physical Attraction reworked in a nice disco-glam rendition. Imagine... :dramatic:

I would love it SO MUCH if she performed an album track from Confessions, like Let It Will Be, Future Lovers or (omg!) How High!!! :wow:

And if she won't, then one or two singles (not HU again though) please! Would love to hear 'Sorry' live again and I think it would trigger a good audience reaction. But Get Together or Jump would be fun too.

In any case, she defo needs to play something from Confessions which is NOT Hung Up!

Regarding MDNA, I have a strong feeling Girl Gone Wild would be the likeliest song - which I actually don't mind, I quite hate the album version, but loved the live performance (again, speaks boundaries on how M is able to transform turds into something great!). If she does perform it indeed, I think we'll hear it in a remixed version or a mash-up with another song, as Suedey already suggested.

Love Spent is possible too, as MPowered said it might work great with the Avicii sound. Falling Free is likely too, either as a live ballad performance or an interlude.

I bet she won't perform GMAYL!

I'd love Some Girls or Falling Free from MDNA but I was recently thinking about WIFLFAG as an interlude remix but with verse lyrics as a montage a la Nobody knows me but focusing on woman's/transgendered rights...I think it would be so awesome and could be less hard like her previous war montages have been.

Just for fun:

Madonna:

Everybody - '85 - '93 - '06 - ['12]

Physical Attraction - -

Burning Up - '85 - '04

Holiday - '85 - '87 - '90 - '93 - '01 - '04 - '09 - ['12]

Borderline - '85 - '08

Lucky Star - '85 - '87 - '06

I Know It - -

Think of Me - -

Like a Virgin / Vision Quest:

Like a Virgin - '85 - {'87} - '90 - '93 - '06 - '12

Material Girl - '85 - {'87} - '90 - '04

Angel - '85

Into the Groove - '85 - '87 - '90 - '04 - '08/9

Dress You Up - '85 - {'87} - '04 - '09

Love Don't Live Here Anymore - '85

Over and Over - '85

Stay - -

Pretender - -

Crazy for You - '85 - '04

Gambler - '85

True Blue / Who's That Girl / You Can Dance:

Live to Tell - '87 - {'90} - '93 - '04 - '06

Papa Don't Preach - '87 - '90 - '04 - {'12}

True Blue - '87 - '93

Open Your Heart - '87 - '90 - '08/9 - '12

La Isla Bonita - '87 - '93 - '01 - '06 - '08/9

Where's the Party - '87 - '90

Jimmy Jimmy - -

Love Makes the World Go Round - -

Who's That Girl - '87

Causing a Commotion - '87 - '90

The Look of Love - '87

Can't Stop - -

Spotlight - -

Like a Prayer:

Like a Prayer - '90 - '04 - '08/9

Express Yourself - '90 - '93 - '04 - '12

Cherish - '90

Oh Father - '90

Dear Jessie - -

Keep It Together - '90

Spanish Eyes - -

Till Death Do Us Part - -

Promise to Try - -

Love Song - -

-> What a travesty

I'm Breathless / The Immaculate Collection:

Vogue - '90 - '93 - '04 - '08/9 - '12

Hanky Panky - '90 - '04

Now I'm Following You (Part 1 + 2) - '90

Sooner or Later - '90

I'm Going Bananas - '93

Something to Remember - -

More - -

Back in Business - -

He's a Man - -

Cry Baby - -

What Can You Loose? - -

Justify My Love - '93 - '12

Rescue Me - -

Justify My Love (The Beast Within Mix) - '93 - '04

This Used to Be My Playground - -

Erotica / With Honors:

Erotica - '93 - {'06}

Deeper and Deeper - '93 - '04 - '06

Bad Girl - -

Fever - '93

Rain - '93 - {'08/9}

Bye Bye Baby - '93

Why's It So Hard - '93

In This Life - '93

Waiting - -

Thief of Hearts - -

Words - -

Where Life Begins - -

Secret Garden - -

I'll Remember - -

Bedtime Story:

Secret - '01

Take a Bow - '04

Bedtime Story - '04

Human Nature - '01 - '08/9 - '12

Forbidden Love - -

Survival - -

Sanctaury - -

Don't Stop - -

Love Tried to Welcome Me - -

Inside of Me - -

I'd Rather Be Your Lover - -

:cries:

Something to Remember / Evita:

You'll See - ['01]

I Want You - '01

One More Chance - -

You Must Love Me - '08/9

Don't Cry for Me Argentina - {'01} - ['08]

Another Suitcase in Another Hall - -

Buenos Aires - -

Lament - '04

Rainbow High - -

Ray of Light / Austin Powers: The Spy, Who Shagged Me:

Frozen - '01 - '04 - '09

Ray of Light - '01 - '06 - '08/9

Drowned World/Substitue for Love - '01 - '06

The Power of Good-Bye - -

Nothing Really Matters - -

Candy Perfume Girl - '01

Sky Fits Heaven - {'01}

Mer Girl - {'01}

Swim - '04

Shanti/Ashtangi - -

Little Star - -

Skin - -

To Have and Not to Hold - -

(Has to Be - -)

Beautiful Stranger - '01

The Next Best Thing / Music:

American Pie - -

Time Stood Still - -

Music - '01 - '04 - '06 - '08/9

Don't Tell Me - '01 - '04

What It Feels Like for a Girl - '01

Impressive Instant - '01 - '08/9

Amazing - '01

Paradise (Not for Me) - '01 - '06

I Deserve It - '01

Nobody's Perfect - '01

Gone - '01

Runaway Lover - -

(Cyber-raga - {'12})

American Life:

Die Another Day - '04 - '08/9

American Life - '04

Hollywood - {'04}

Nothing Fails - '04

Love Profusion - '04

Nobody Knows Me - '04 - '12

Mother and Father - '04

I'm So Stupid - '04

Intervention - {'04}

X-Static Process - -

Easy Ride - -

Confessions on a Dance Floor:

Hung Up - '06 - '08 - '12

Sorry - '06

Get Together - '06

Jump - '06

Let It Will Be - '06

I Love New York - '06

Future Lovers - '06

Forbidden Love - '06

Isaac - '06

Like It or Not - '06

Push - -

How High - -

(Fighting Spirit - -)

Hard Candy / Celebration:

4 Minutes - '08/9

Give It 2 Me - '08/9 - ['12] / {'12}

Miles Away - '08/9

Candy Shop - '08/9 - '12

Beat Goes On - '08/9

She's Not Me - '08/9

Heartbeat - '08

Devil Wouldn't Recognize You - '08/9

Spanish Lesson - '08/9 - ['12]

Incredible - -

Dance 2night - -

Voices - -

(Ring My Bell - -)

Celebration - '12

Revolver - '12

(It's So Cool - -)

(Broken - -)

MDNA:

Give Me All Your Luvin' - {'12}

Girl Gone Wild - '12

Turn Up the Radio - '12

Masterpiece - '12

Superstar - -

Gang Bang - '12

I'm Addicted - '12

I Don't Give A - '12

I'm a Sinner - '12

Love Spent - ['12]

Some Girls - '12

Falling Free - '12

Best Friend - '12

Beautiful Killer - ['12]

I Fucked Up - -

B-day Song - -

Singles

Radio Singles / Promotional / Limited Single Releases

Considered / Withdrawn Single Releases

Interlude

Rehearsed, but not performed on the actual tour

{partial performance / medleys}

[only performed on selected dates]

(bonus track)

Love Spent and Falling Free. If she's feeling crafty, she might do Turn Up (For What) The Radio.

:lmao:

Have a feeling she'll perform one MDNA track or might be an interlude.

I just hope whatever songs are chosen for the final setlist, she will leave out some songs that have performed too often.

I was shocked to see Give it 2 Me featured TWICE during the tour, HEARTBEAT mixed with Bestfriend was a surprise, and CANDY SHOP EROTICA? WHO KNOWS what the fuck she'll do with MDNA songs on the next tour. We may see a Some Girls mashup with True Blue for all we know. LOL

Same here. I would love I'm Addicted and it would be interesting to hear it done differently as well. Masterpiece could be a contender too but it is so difficult to know what songs she is going to pick.

I'm terrible at guessing setlists, and even if I see it on paper they rarely make sense till I see it.

I love I'm Addicted, and I love the MDNA performance. I think I just would like to hear a less "savage" mix of it. I think she could totally sing the hell out of it too, given a more organic arrangement.