Question about the MATM video

Pressston

Wow i'm suprised, cause they're hardly in the same room at the same time in the video but they're together indeed ! Thank you !

No problem! I was SO disappointed when this video came out - the 2 biggest female artists and this was all they could come up with. It should've been so much more, especially with Britney's next 2 videos being the best of her career.

I used to watch this making of the video so much! It was always on!

Me too! If I'm not mistaken, I actually watched this episode when it aired; I just KNEW this video was going to be everything.

:rotfl:

Guest Rachelle of London

Me too! If I'm not mistaken, I actually watched this episode when it aired; I just KNEW this video was going to be everything.

:rotfl:

:lmao: then they started airing the Toxic one every minute

Madge should duet with her again..another surefire no.1 in Australia!

No - Britney hasn't had a huge solo hit here for years! Katy Perry would be her best chance, although even she has "struggled" a bit with the singles from "Prism".

Incidentally, why do people still refer to her as "Madge", even though she's specifically stated that she "hates" that name....?

Didn't she say if it's to mean Madgesty, she doesn't mind? :)

Not even considering the scenes in which they were not together, obviously they were on set together when they did that "dance-off." :chuckle:

ugh, a MATM thread...

now i have to work hard again to FORGET that this has ever existed. :(

Same for me. It is truly the biggest low of Madonna's career.

I could never get over how they chose to present Madonna in the clip. It's even more baffling as the years go by and she continues with the overt sexuality.

We know she was trying to push a mature image but was this the best they could do??? She was still only in her mid 40's yet she looked ancient compared to Britney. She didn't really even do any choreography.

That clip could have been EVERYTHING!

2003 was such a strange year for madonnas image. Thank god she returned to full hotness the following year.

Guest Rocco Papa

Its her all time worst

It's not really a Madonna song, though. It's Britney's song, Madonna is just featured on it. So, I don't think it really matters. As a huge fan of both, I was just thrilled to hear Madonna on Britney's song!

If Britney and Madonna were together more in the video, it could've very easily been "cheesy." I think they were trying to avoid that. Plus, I think they were trying to "tease" the audience after the kiss at the VMAs.

Guest Rachelle of London

She was all wrapped up in Guy Richie. He made her feel like she was too old to be sexy. She got over that and him rather quickly. lol!

Always confuses me when people say that. If Britney wasn't wearing fishnets and a bra in the video why should Madonna.

Her worst look in any video. She looked so tired, sick and haggard. Uggggh hate this shit

I think she looked great in that white suit and definitely not haggard.

I love it that Madonna has so many different looks. Would hate it if she looked the same in every video clip.

Madonna's meant to be the "white rabbit" to Britney's "Alice" and I think she looks great once the jacket comes off and she's rolling around in the leaves.

I do hate the excessive airbrushing Britney's clips are subjected to. It's distracting and you can tell they went in frame-by-frame, rigorously blurring and smearing. This video as well as that Sticky & Sweet-era interview included in Britney 'For The Record' MTV special* were ridiculous.

* - http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7l0ih_britney-and-madonna-on-for-the-reco_shortfilms

Guest Rocco Papa

I might be the only one who loves MATM, the song, the version without Madge, the video, the remix on the ITZ CD, and Madge's "horrible" vocals on it. :lmao:

You're not the only one! I love everything about it!! And I fail to see how Madonna's vocals are "horrible."