New album update: Madonna posts lyrics from new song, "Messiah"

Guest bluejean

Yes but doesn't that Angela person have a reputation for posting bullshit?

Or am I confusing her with someone else?

Done. The forum freaks have been reaching new lows lately. WTF is going on here?! Some of you badly need fresh air and pills!

My impact! :rotfl:

Madonna and Guy?

:doodlemanson:

Yes but doesn't that Angela person have a reputation for posting bullshit?

Or am I confusing her with someone else?

You could be confusing her with a number of people in this thread.

Maybe she posted it a few days ago but it could have been recorded earlier, we don't know really.

I dont think the album is anywhere near being finished if she was recording yhe orchestra just a few days ago

The album is near finished. Check the Genesis threads for cross referencing. Most of the work is done.

I am not sure I get why people think Weinstein is mad at her or vice versa. I am sure he didn't even expect W.E. to be a big money-maker. He tried to help her out and give the movie some industry cred. She got an Oscar nomination out of it (well, Arianne did) and a Golden Globe.

I am not sure what to think about The Giver rumor. Anything's possible, but the film comes out next month. I suppose she could be doing a stand-alone song on the soundtrack but I have to wonder if it would even be single material. And if it is tied to her new album, I would imagine the LP would have to drop with a month or two of the movie release in order for the buzz to have any sales impact.

Exactly and not only he didn't badmouth her but he came to her defense saying that had W.E. been associated to any other name but Madonna nobody would have found anything wrong with it. And anyway it's not like he was expecting the project to rake in $300m at the box office, people forget that Madonna funded her own film and that it was him who came to her saying he was interested in distributing it

I didn't know W.E. was that fiasco. I don't think they expected it to be a blockbuster! Did they lose money? I don't recall media focusing on a movie fiasco, and they have done everytime a Madonna film bombs.

I didn't know W.E. was that fiasco. I don't think they expected it to be a blockbuster! Did they lose money? I don't recall media focusing on a movie fiasco, and they have done everytime a Madonna film bombs.

Well, I am sure it did. It only grossed $583,000 worldwide at the box office.

Harvey Weinstein gave a beautiful speech before introducing her the night of the private premiere. He hailed the movie and gave the impression that because Madonna's name was linked to the film, it wouldn't get the credit it deserves.

I don't there's any truth to The Giver involvement but who knows...

Well, I am sure it did. It only grossed $583,000 worldwide at the box office.

Of course it lost Madonna around $14m

But the exact figures are $583,000 in the US and a Worldwide total of $868,439

Commercially speaking kudos to Madonna for at least passing the 2002 Swept Away figures :rotfl:

Harvey Weinstein gave a beautiful speech before introducing her the night of the private premiere. He hailed the movie and gave the impression that because Madonna's name was linked to the film, it wouldn't get the credit it deserves.

And he was right. I saw the film for myself and enjoyed it. It definitely did not receive the praise it deserved. I always need to find things out for myself but unfortunality too many people rely on other's opinions.

Madonna lost 14 million dollars in that film and she's unable to spend a little money to make better music videos? :zzz:

Well it wasn't all her money

W.E was beautiful and worth every penny. It's a shame it wasn't a hit (although don't forget DVD sales and love film/netflix deals) because would have absolutely loved a sequel. The soundtrack is immense. So beautiful.

I so love the lyrics !!!!! I liked her last songs from these last years but i'm happy the new lyrics are not about being a girl gone wild or turning up the radio or LUV ! I really enjoyed it but a change is very welcome ! Those new lyrics are simply stunning, spiritual without being preachy, and very deep. Love love loveeeeeeee it !