New album update: Madonna posts lyrics from new song, "Messiah"

Yes and what is that image with the bottles of vine ?

I wondered about that too!!

I share your enthusiasm for the lyrics!

Kneel before her. She is coming!

so.. she's teasing or you think it's a HUGE hint we'll get a new song really soon?

I think we'll get it really soon. Why tease something three times in the same week and get a buzz going to sit on it for a few months.

I reckon it's coming sooner than any of us thought

Guest Rachelle of London

but is it an american or british thing or did she spell 'reap' wrongly?

Yeah it's wrong. The British spelling would not be incorrect anyway :lmao:

Guest Rachelle of London

No she spelled it wrong...reep is not a word

Yeah I saw the lyric sheet, at first glance I thought she wrote "reap"

WOW... If she comes back with a song named MESSIAH, and with those lyrics and orchestra... this is going to MAJESTIC!

The title alone could stir up controversy... :)

She tagged #livingforLove as well as #Messiah in that Instagram post. Could Messiah be the single and Living For Love the album title? Or am I reaching?

Lyrics on their own don't really excite me. I think they often look rather trite divorced from the aural context.

I mean, If I read the lyrics to Frozen before I heard them in the song...

I got definite "Isaac" vibes from the strings we heard, and these lyrics confirm that. I doubt it will be single material, but could be a great album track or soundtrack song. For some reason I can imagine her speaking some of these words, not singing them. Think "The Beast Within" or "Paradise (Not for Me)." That would be very cool.

Regarding W.E., unlike some on here, I'm a big supporter of Madonna directing movies if that's where her passion is. I think she's capable of being a truly great director with the right material. That said, I found W.E. very pedestrian and boring. And the ending with the age makeup was pretty awful. Still, I'm surprised it didn't do better - or that Harvey didn't push it harder. It just feels like the kind of movie that, if M hadn't directed it, would have gotten a wide release. Maybe Harvey just believed they'd lose more money if they did that.