Madonna attended a preview of “Holler If Ya Hear Me” in New York City on Monday, w

M_Sinner

One of Tupac Shakur's old friends celebrated his birthday by seeing a new play inspired by his music.

Madonna attended a preview of "Holler If Ya Hear Me" in New York City on Monday, which would have been the rapper's 43rd birthday. Shakur died in 1996 at age 25.

The musical officially opens Thursday at the Palace Theatre. It uses Shakur's songs to tell an original story about two young men dealing with life and tragedy in a Midwestern industrial city. Recent Tony winner Kenny Leon is directing.

Madonna sat in the third row. Shakur's mother and show producer, Afeni Shakur, also attended.

"Holler If Ya Hear Me" uses some of the rap genius' well-known songs, including "California Love," "Dear Mama," "I Get Around" and "Keep Ya Head Up."

tumblr_lgasmjoCd91qcxvxao1_500.jpg

Guest Rachelle of London

Maybe he went twice :wow:

Exactly. He did go twice. He went with Chris Rock (his best friend) on the weekend. Think Ashton was with them too. Chris is an investor in the show

She looks great. Her hair is definitely a few inches shorter than it was before.

Guy Oseary went with Chris rock on Saturday.

What is Timor wearing?

Timor is wearing the Material Girl fall 2014 collection. Lol!

I think she's actually his hag. I know she likes pretty young things, but there's absolutely no hetero vibes about him. His IG posts look like a grindr account

She looks fantastic! It looks like they've finally figured out the right amount of fillers so that she looks fresh and young but natural. Getting excited about the possible looks for the new era! :thumbsup:

I think she's actually his hag. I know she likes pretty young things, but there's absolutely no hetero vibes about him. His IG posts look like a grindr account

I don't think he is her boyfriend. You never see them holding hands or embracing. Considering you always saw photos like that with all of her past boyfriends and husbands, I would say he is more of a friend.

Guest Rachelle of London

Omg I think so too! Bet he's gay.

She (as in Madonna underneath) looks great. But whoever lets her out look like that, well they should be shot.

Speaking of which, such a tragedy thatTupac was shot otherwise you'd be riding his 43 year old black dick by now.