Madonna - On Stage & On The Record

TearsInHeaven

i told you i was a falcon! :inlove:

i did not like the whole set very much when it first aired on MTV but now i love it, considering AL is my favorite album!

Her voice is actually on point, her look lovely and she played Like A Prayer after soo many years ( 13 years if i am not wrong, correct me if i am)

You know Madge was not very open on performing oldies at that time, therefore being a brand new young fan i was resigned not to hear LAP, Vogue, EY etc anymore :(

Listening to LAP was a total surprise, this version is great and the choir sounds fantastic too.

Honorable mention to Madiva in the crowd :D

I post the videos of all individual performances, the audio is pretty good apart for few moments during Nothing Fails unfortunately.

American Life

Hollywood

Nothing Fails

Like A Prayer

X-Static Process

Any thoughts on it? did you like it at the time? what do you think now?

I think I cried a little bit when she did LAP after so many years.

I loved the setlist, and AL is one of my favorite albums she's ever made, primarily because it's so introspective and in many ways fearless in its honesty...so looking back on it after all these years is like replaying a big group therapy session.

i told you i was a falcon! :inlove:

i did not like the whole set very much when it first aired on MTV but now i love it, considering AL is my favorite album!

Her voice is actually on point, her look lovely and she played Like A Prayer after soo many years ( 13 years if i am not wrong, correct me if i am)

You know Madge was not very open on performing oldies at that time, therefore being a brand new young fan i was resigned not to hear LAP, Vogue, EY etc anymore :(

Listening to LAP was a total surprise, this version is great and the choir sounds fantastic too.

Honorable mention to Madiva in the crowd :D

Any thoughts on it? did you like it at the time? what do you think now?

:clap::clap::clap:

i remember it so well (i know....it sounds weird, but i remember some things actually.... :horn: )

beautiful moment and amazing performance of some of my favourite songs....i was so excited to see the show.....thinking the album would have been a smash!!!! :chuckle:

:headbang:

:clap::clap::clap:

i remember it so well (i know....it sounds weird, but i remember some things actually.... :horn: )

beautiful moment and amazing performance of some of my favourite songs....i was so excited to see the show.....thinking the album would have been a smash!!!! :chuckle:

:headbang:

lol watching it after 11 years really makes you appreciate it even more. You know being young and naif i was disappointed M did not hit big with AL as she did with Music and ROL, i think this spoiled my whole experience for the era.

oh how much i want M to perform something from AL again!

Yes I remember downloading this back in the day (no YouTube of course) and being amazed that she was performing an old song after so many years. Not fond of this rather plodding arrangement of LAP but it does sound good with the choir.

I think I cried a little bit when she did LAP after so many years.

I just came in here to post the same thing :lol: Only I didn't just cry a little, it was a FULL on cry. I had myself an emo moment.

I just came in here to post the same thing :lol: Only I didn't just cry a little, it was a FULL on cry. I had myself an emo moment.

Heehee :-) I usually don't full on cry until I rewind and watch a second time... Especially if it's live TV. Lol!

Tears In heaven, this is wonderful. Madonna sings beautifully and it is such an intimate setting. Wish I could have been in the audience. What a treat for the fans that were there. It is criminal how much the American Life album has been under-appreciated but it now seems to get the love it deserves.

Tears In heaven, this is wonderful. Madonna sings beautifully and it is such an intimate setting. Wish I could have been in the audience. What a treat for the fans that were there. It is criminal how much the American Life album has been under-appreciated but it now seems to get the love it deserves.

thanks! i hope we will get something similar for the new album

I remember watching this on MTV when it aired. She sounded amazing and I loved the small intimate setting. It was amazing to hear LAP live again after so many years. I wish she would do more promo and performances like this in the future.

Thanks for sharing and reminding us of this awesome show!