Madonna & Cosmetic Surgery

PaulaAbdul

she hasn't denied having plastic surgery, she even said "I'm not against them, I'm against talking about them" that for me is admitting she had things done but she won't talk about it (I don't believe anyone, public or not, likes to discuss these things for some reason). My guess is she had some major work done, her face looked really weird and awkward when I saw here in S&S tour, (one of her eyes didn't open completely...LOL) but maybe that just botox, I don't know...

Madonna talking about her own plastic surgery would be weird. I just can't see her doing that. There are a lot of things she just never entertains, that's why I can't see if she ever wrote her memoirs they would be particularly ... enlightening.. or even interesting. I just can't see her going there on quite a few subjects (love life, business gossip, etc)

4 Minutes was the grand unveiling for me. Her face was so fresh, and plump, and perfect. :wow:

I'm all for plastic surgery, as long as she doesn't look plastic (see Janet, Kylie, MJ, for reference).

4 Minutes was the grand unveiling for me. Her face was so fresh, and plump, and perfect. :wow:

I'm all for plastic surgery, as long as she doesn't look plastic (see Janet, Kylie, MJ, for reference).

Thank you! I agree! As long as she gets the best surgeon on the Upper East Side, all is well! People always compare Madonna to Cher and Janet and company in comments on things and stuff and I don't get the comparisons. She doesn't look plastic at all to me like those losers do. She looks like herself, just fresher and more 2014-ish.

Something happened between Erotica and Evita. She was looking very haggard and old, then suddenly Evita, STOR and ROL she was looking very young and fresh. Same thing around 2003/2004.

Whatever she's done it's top work and very natural looking.

She had a baby ^ Being a mom gave her a natural glow.

Her last Instagram pic with Disclosure, she looks great and natural there. Make up does play a factor of making her look ODD sometimes. She should lay off of sheave she's using but she no need it.

How many woman have major plastic surgery in their mid-30s? Mid-40s, yes, but mid-30s? I don't think she looked that different between "Erotica" and "Evita".

Regarding her quote about plastic surgery, that was over a decade ago, wasn't it? She was in her early 40s then. I don't think she's been out of the spotlight for long enough to have anything major done, but she's certainly been having various procedures done for many years now.

When I was in my 20s, a work colleague and I were discussing women in their 40s and I commented on how great the ones we knew looked. He said that they'd all had some sort of procedure done, which I didn't buy, but he insisted. I just thought they all looked after themselves and looked great!

One thing I do notice about Madonna now is that she has that "post-menopausal" fuzz on her face that many women seem to get in their late 40s/early 50s.

Regardless of what she's had done, I think she looks amazing, both close up in real life and in shots taken at various events (i.e. non-photoshopped pictures).

Guest Rachelle of London

Well we have seen pics of her with bruises on her face. The downtime for surgery isn't even that long. She's had something done in the past few years. More than just fillers , fillers fill they don't pull. As long as she doesn't go the way of Cher she'll be fine. There's nothing wrong with plastic surgery whatsoever. I don't blame her for not saying anything though . It's her business.

This is not 2004 and it would be pointless to have this discussion. We always end up discussing because some think that fillers aren't surgery and others think that surgery means that you inject things.

Except a couple of times she doesn't seem a freak, though.

That wonderful quote from Shirley Manson says it all really. Damn if she does, damn if she doesn't. It's her face, body, her business.

I'd love for Madonna to look like that NewYork chick, Jocelyn ( I think that's her name ) that looks like a cat, just for a laugh on her new album cover.

That wonderful quote from Shirley Manson says it all really. Damn if she does, damn if she doesn't. It's her face, body, her business.

The continual obsession people have about Madonna's surgery pops up in nearly every topic so not surprised there is now another thread about it. When you boil it all down, people would complain either way. It would be either Stop - she has had too much surgery OR Gee, hasn't she aged. I think there is one thing people seem to forget. Look at every other female superstar around and the way media and fans obsess over their looks and how they age.

Now, only the other day, I read an article about Greta Scacchi who used to be a famous and beautiful leading lady in films. She is now 54 and the absolute bucketing she gets about how "badly" she has aged ( when she in fact looks normal ) was astounding. However, she would be copping it as well if she had surgery and still looked pretty much the same. Do we need to go over our female stars with a tooth comb all the time ?

Something happened between Erotica and Evita. She was looking very haggard and old, then suddenly Evita, STOR and ROL she was looking very young and fresh.

Carlos Leon happened to her

Well the rather interesting thing for me of this whole face thing is that how is it possible she can appear somewhere with completely blown up hamster cheeks and 3 days afterwards is seen on the street looking perfectly fine and fresh? We've got to see that several times now, especially last year. Do injections wear off that fast?

Besides that, I don't think we need to connect eras in which she looked better than in others to her having something done to her face. Like I don't think there really is a difference between her face of Erotica / BS and Evita / ROL. If you go search a bit on the net, you'll find loads of pics from 96 to 99 where she looks haggard as well. IMO it's just that in some eras there were more unfortunate pics taken of her than in others, that's all. That doesn't mean she didn't do anything to her face, but if she looks better in one year than in the other we don't necessarily have to go like "Oh look, facelift!".

she had work done - it was painfully visible in the 4M video where her mouth was moving funny and during S&S where sometimes her eyes could not close completely. I think she had something done pre-Confessions ( mini lift) and something a little less subtle prior to Hard Candy.

I've got used to her face now and i find her beautiful, but at the beginning i was a bit underwhelmed. I think in person she looks fantastic especially when she has natural make-up on and straight hair ( first segment of the MDNA tour)

It's just a pseudonym. I didn't know what else to do really. I wanted to do something kinda clever and cheeky.

Whores, I was Kim Wilde long before y'all were up in my biznezz wit this famous alias ISH.

Lady Gaga by the end of the week probably

:dead:

Something happened between Erotica and Evita. She was looking very haggard and old, then suddenly Evita, STOR and ROL she was looking very young and fresh. Same thing around 2003/2004.

Whatever she's done it's top work and very natural looking.

Weight gain, pregnancy, a break and happiness. Imagine what the BAT and TGS would do to a persons body...then all that flying around the Earth and being talked about and followed everywhere you go. That's why she got softer with BS...

1990 - Lip injections

early 2004 - Facelift (unveiled at the Grammys)

late 2007/early 2008 - Cheek implants & something done to her eyes (that kind of "surprised" look she had in the 4 Minutes video, which settled down quite soon after)

2009 - Chin implant (or perhaps some kind of filler, but either way, her jawline and lower face looks less delicate from then on)

Those are my guesses. But anyway, looking at other celebrities Madonna's age, it could be much worse!

She looked great at Billboard awards, secret project premier. She has her good days, she has her off days. She looked fabulous on that BuzzFeed thing.

What work has she had done other than the cheek implants/fillers? Botox? Facelift? She says she's not into plastic surgery but I think it's pretty obvious things have changed. She does like almost exactly alike from 30 years ago unlike Cher or Kylie but I think it's clear there's been some updating.

She never said such thing

I think people do not understand the difference between surgery and fillers

Between knife work and retaining one's features

Melanie_Griffith_at_the_APLA_benefit.jpg

melnews.jpg

That's plastic surgery dear

Well the rather interesting thing for me of this whole face thing is that how is it possible she can appear somewhere with completely blown up hamster cheeks and 3 days afterwards is seen on the street looking perfectly fine and fresh? We've got to see that several times now, especially last year. Do injections wear off that fast?

Besides that, I don't think we need to connect eras in which she looked better than in others to her having something done to her face. Like I don't think there really is a difference between her face of Erotica / BS and Evita / ROL. If you go search a bit on the net, you'll find loads of pics from 96 to 99 where she looks haggard as well. IMO it's just that in some eras there were more unfortunate pics taken of her than in others, that's all. That doesn't mean she didn't do anything to her face, but if she looks better in one year than in the other we don't necessarily have to go like "Oh look, facelift!".

It just the odd way people think about older women. I read someone in here wonder, how Madonna has dark roots in her fifties and then chuckle and you just feel like going ugh. I worked with a waitress in her mid sixties who had dark brown hair and just strands of grey. And no she never dyed her hair in her life. Her best friend had white. Just like all women in the twenties are different, all women over fifty are different but for some reason women over a certain age all of a sudden are stripped of everything that makes them the individual that they were. They are not just being moody it's menopause. They are not just tired. They are not being true to who they are they are being desperate. People use the word desperate so much like all women are dying for their approval. Do they really value their opinin of women that much that they always think women are seeking their approval even when it has been glaringly apparant that they don't need it?

Madonna has not had a facelift. I think she has had minor procedures done that most women can get done in a spa. Emotions also play a role in how you look. Diet, exercise, nutrition play a definite role. If you take care of yourself, your going to look good. Saying oh she's had work done to every woman that looks good is just an excuse to not make an effort themselves.

Madonna had the worst possible plastic surgery procedure ever cheek implants that changed her entire look dramatically. FACT!!!!!!!

OPINION!!!! :p

Guest whatatramp

Madonna has not had a facelift. I think she has had minor procedures done that most women can get done in a spa. Emotions also play a role in how you look. Diet, exercise, nutrition play a definite role. If you take care of yourself, your going to look good. Saying oh she's had work done to every woman that looks good is just an excuse to not make an effort themselves.

+11111111111

:clap:

It's obvious Madonna has had procedures done to her face from 2007 onwards but to claim she's had plastic surgery shows how much people that love to throw that word around actually know about it. You could reach 40-50 or 60 and get all the surgeries in the world and still look like shit if you've been smoking, drinking, doing drugs, eating unhealthily or mantained a disordered lifestyle in general during the previous decades

Madonna's skin tone, its suppleness and glow in her decollete, around the neck and her body skin in general cannot be given by any surgery. Her face is what she's injected stuff into and on some occasions during the past 6 years it showed big time but a surgery is when someone takes a knife and actually starts pulling, stretching and sewing your face. There is not a shred of evidence to support that scenario with Madonna. No matter how youthful the results, a face subjected to plastic surgery will always betray the "surgery look".

Guest Rachelle of London

XXL that is NOT plastic surgery. That's bad plastic surgery lol.

Seriously going under the knife doesn't mean you're gonna end up looking like Mel Griffiths.

Guest Rachelle of London

I wanna know the name of the injection that can pull your ears and make your face tighter.

Surely most women would opt for that one then...